Melody Time: Musicians for Disney Animation 1941-1955 by Ross Care

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Ross Care (my cousin) has published a number of Disney music- and film music-related articles over the years, and he's just informed me that his 1989 article titled "Melody Time: Musicians for Disney Animation 1941-1955", originally published in Soundtrack Magazine Vol.8/No.31, is now on-line for anyone who's interested (see link below). The article provides an overview of the composers and their scores for films ranging from Dumbo through Peter Pan.

LINK TO THE ARTICLE

BTW, you can catch Ross in an interview/discussion of the score for Bambi in the Extras of the DVD release.

This is a great article, thanks for posting! Would you or your cousin happen to know who scored Flowers and Trees? If I had to guess I would say either Stalling or Churchill, but I can't confirm this. I think Stalling might have even left before Flowers and Trees was released.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
This is a great article, thanks for posting! Would you or your cousin happen to know who scored Flowers and Trees? If I had to guess I would say either Stalling or Churchill, but I can't confirm this. I think Stalling might have even left before Flowers and Trees was released.

I've passed your question on to Ross, but a last-minute project might delay his answer. Rest assured that I'll post any info I get from him ASAP.