Main Street Ragtime Piano

rwaldron

I am not a Disney expert. I am merely looking to relieve a magical moment from more than 15 years ago. When I was in Highschool, my JROTC unit visited a Marine Corps base in California, and spent a day at Disneyland after. I had no clue what to expect, and upon walking on to Main Street I wandered around amazed, guided by my cousin. We spent some time sitting at a cafe at the end of Main Street listening to a Ragtime Piano player. He was amazing in his versatility. I have no clue who he was, and could only tell you that is was late May of 1998. Ever since then, I have periodically looked for Ragtime music that had the upbeat tempo and changing pace of this fine pianist. Everything I find though seems slow and sterile, as if it was recorded for a museum to demonstrate to so someone the progression of notes in Maple Leaf Rag, rather than to convey soulful entertainment. I doubt this is the sort of thing that Disney would have made a CD of, but I had to check once I found out about this forum. If Disney hasn't produced anything, do any of y'all happen to know of something non-Disney that may fulfill my Ragtime craving?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
We spent some time sitting at a cafe at the end of Main Street listening to a Ragtime Piano player. He was amazing in his versatility. I have no clue who he was, and could only tell you that is was late May of 1998.

Rod Miller, perhaps.

Have you tried any of these albums?

21jPu5x0FKL._AA65_.jpg
Rod Miller Ragtime
Rod Miller
 CD 

61Z1BKxjY9L._AA65_.jpg
Main Street Music Magic!
Robert Glenn
 CD 

51zNdfthrZL._SS135_SL65_.jpg
Ragtime Michael Tickles the Ivories
Michael Pollock
 CD 

rwaldron

Have you tried any of these albums?

Thanks! That was just what I was looking for. I already bought some digital download tracks from Robert Glenn, and am looking into ordering the other two CDs! This was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.