Main Street Ragtime Piano

rwaldron

I am not a Disney expert. I am merely looking to relieve a magical moment from more than 15 years ago. When I was in Highschool, my JROTC unit visited a Marine Corps base in California, and spent a day at Disneyland after. I had no clue what to expect, and upon walking on to Main Street I wandered around amazed, guided by my cousin. We spent some time sitting at a cafe at the end of Main Street listening to a Ragtime Piano player. He was amazing in his versatility. I have no clue who he was, and could only tell you that is was late May of 1998. Ever since then, I have periodically looked for Ragtime music that had the upbeat tempo and changing pace of this fine pianist. Everything I find though seems slow and sterile, as if it was recorded for a museum to demonstrate to so someone the progression of notes in Maple Leaf Rag, rather than to convey soulful entertainment. I doubt this is the sort of thing that Disney would have made a CD of, but I had to check once I found out about this forum. If Disney hasn't produced anything, do any of y'all happen to know of something non-Disney that may fulfill my Ragtime craving?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
We spent some time sitting at a cafe at the end of Main Street listening to a Ragtime Piano player. He was amazing in his versatility. I have no clue who he was, and could only tell you that is was late May of 1998.
Rod Miller, perhaps.

Have you tried any of these albums?

Rod Miller Ragtime
Rod Miller
 CD 

Main Street Music Magic!
Robert Glenn
 CD 

Ragtime Michael Tickles the Ivories
Michael Pollock
 CD 

rwaldron

Have you tried any of these albums?
Thanks! That was just what I was looking for. I already bought some digital download tracks from Robert Glenn, and am looking into ordering the other two CDs! This was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.