Main Street Electrical Light Parade 1977

disneyboi81

I'm trying to find an mp3 of this with the Mickey Mouse March ending. I own it but don't have the means of getting into mp3. If anyone has it in mp3, please let me know. Thanks.

-Jonathan

Jonathan I have exactly what you need. It's all part of my MegaMix that I promised you a copy of months ago. Unfortunatly I loaned the master tape to another board member so that the Baroque Hoedown track on my master could be replaced w/ that of the DLP version. alas I don't have the finished product back yet & appologize profusely for the delay

disneyboi81

Cool, I understand how that goes. I'll wait patiently on it then. I've moved since we last talked. So, I'll e-mail you the new address. Thanks.

MaX

Unfortunatly I loaned the master tape to another board member so that the Baroque Hoedown track on my master could be replaced w/ that of the DLP version.

does this mean you have seperated tracks from the DLP version (soon) and the additional melodies? if so, is it possible to send them to me somehow, cuz I'd love to do a 5.1 surround remix of the MSEP...

Zarpman

A 5.1 mix would be incredibly cool, but unfortunately I think Danny means he's having the version of Baroque Hoedown mixed into his existing track, and not a completely new remix or remaster.

I did something similar to my Ultimate Mega Mix that appeared on Disneytrips/Magictrips/Florida Project/whatever the hell you wanna call it today. :)

If anyone has a copy of some separated elements (I'd literally die for the tracks of the bugs and snails from the Alice unit) let me know!

disneyboi81

I think the bugs and snails units are represented on the Tokyo Disneyland release of the parade..

Zarpman

Bill, if by the underliner you mean the Baroque Hoedown loop, it is cleanly represented on the Disneyland Paris parade album. In fact, it is the closest on this album than on any other release to the true park mix. A complete cycle of this loop is found at the beginning of the track (between Fanfare of Lights and the Alice Unit) and again at the end (between the Snow White Unit and the Reprise / Finale).

Only problem to this: it is a mono track (it is played that way in the parks). This is why most parks lean towards releasing the studio mixes of the parade music on CDs. It's much more pleasant to the ear and they figure most of their target audience won't notice the discrepancy.

disneyboi81 - the snails and bugs are featured on the Tokyo, DCA, and Paris releases, but they aren't "separated" (isolated with no background noise or music) to do any type of true mixing with those elements.

Zarpman

While Baroque Hoedown is indeed the underlining music for all of the floats in the Electrical Parade, it is a heavily modified verson of the original song. For instance, the melody and bass lines were by Don Dorsey re-recorded and played over the original track, leaving only some of the original percussion to bleed through. Also the "laser" sound effects were inserted.

Unfortunately, every release by Disney (save for the Paris releases) has included a stereo studio mix of Baroque Hoedown with only portions of the newly recorded stuff mixed in. This is true for both the single loop of Baroque Hoedown we get as the first cycle of every track, plus the underliner that accompanies each individual float track. I can only imagine that this is done to save for having to re-mix the entire parade in stereo for subsequent releases.

The Walt Disney World and Disneyland releases of the Electrical Parade (except for the current one for the DCA incarnation) use a track that I believe originated from a Don Dorsey promo disc released around 1987. An edited version of this track (removing some retired parade units) appeared on the Disneyland Fantasmic album, and (in abbreviated form) on the Disney 75 Years boxed set. This same track was also used for Walt Disney World's album in 1999 with only mono vocal tracks dubbed over (listen to the rear channels for the insertion points) and the Pinocchio and Return to Oz units removed from the mix.

The tracks heard on the Official Albums and the Japan MSEP singles are taken from the mix used for the old 1977 LPs. Yukky. :p

The Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade track was re-created specifically for the album. It contains more, but not all of the added Baroque Hoedown elements. It is the cleanest mix of the parade ever made, and was recycled for the DCA album.

Only the Paris releases of the Electrical Parade soundtrack are true to their actual park soundtracks. That's because these tracks are lifted directly from the parade units. Unfortunately, it makes for a mono and sometimes flat sounding CD.

I doubt we'll ever see any type of ultra mega remix of this parade. I think the time it would take to create such a track would be glazed over by most park souvenier buyers. If we could get our hands on some of the isolated elements we could probably make some great sounding mixes ourselves... unfortunately, those aren't available to us... yet. :)