"Magic, Music & Mayhem" Closing Music

Has anyone seen the fireworks show from the Pirates & Princess Party entitled "Magic, Music & Mayhem"? They played the closing music after the fireworks ended and it's called the waltz from the "Sleeping Beauty". I found this song somewhere in my collection and it is a great song. It was from the LP (with "Swan Lake") by Joseph Levine & the Ballet Theatre Orchestra. It features this song which was later become "Once Upon a Dream" for the Disney film "Sleeping Beauty". This is best song ever put out as well as the closing music to the "Magic, Music & Mayhem" fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JombNSDikzU

Horizons

Playlist Author
Are you saying that the closing music is exactly the same version as on the LP you mentioned? I had wondered if it was commercially available somewhere. There is also music that plays between the 10m and 5m annoucements.

almandot

Someone mentioned that the music on the Magic Kingdom Events CD for MMM was longer than the show version, is that true as well? I haven't watched MMM more than once on video so don't have anything about it memorized.

ISTCrew20

Someone mentioned that the music on the Magic Kingdom Events CD for MMM was longer than the show version, is that true as well? I haven't watched MMM more than once on video so don't have anything about it memorized.

I don't think so. MMM is a long show...Almost beats Illuminations, except MMM doesn't have the part in the middle where you can go home, make a three course meal, and be back for the finale.

Gurgitoy2

LOL, yeah, I love Reflections of Earth, but that middle section needs something. The globe is just too small to be the focal point for that section...there's nothing else going on. Maybe there will be a new show someday that brings back the "IllumiNations" style show with the countries and a tighter flow?

boo52m

This is true. The show was trimmed of roughly 45 seconds from it's first year. The CD was produced during it's first year so no changes were made to it

Horizons

Playlist Author
My recording from last year was 12:02. This year, the recording was 11:20.

Any idea why the soundtrack was cut?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I don't know. I never noticed a difference, and I have seen the show at least 15 times since 2007.

1FoolishMortal

Could it simply be because there's an extra 20 seconds at the beginning and end of the video? I've never noticed a change in the soundtrack, either.

WishesFan

I haven't listened too closely, but I have noticed that the soundtrack version of MMM is mixed differently than the show mix... there are a few minute segments in the orchestration that were mixed out in the released soundtrack which caught my attention, but as of a specific cut that shortens the show, I'm not sure. I'll take a closer listen tomorrow and see if I can be of any help. Happy mother's day to all!! :)
-Rick

Horizons

Playlist Author
Could it simply be because there's an extra 20 seconds at the beginning and end of the video? I've never noticed a change in the soundtrack, either.

No, my recordings, which both start and end at the same time, show a 42 second difference. I will try and compare the two sometime this week.

almandot

ya i'm not the one who noticed it, i haven't even listened to it on the events party cd really, someone who watched the show and heard the cd noticed it so it's not from a video distinction.