Magic Kingdom's early Fantasyland music (was Snow White's Scary Adv)

Gurgitoy2

Re: Magic Kingdom's Snow White's Scary Adventures

"The clip that Wedroy posted is not what is played in the current WDW queue to IASM. Is that what you are asking?"

Well, yes and no. I thought the clip Wedroy posted was what played in the Disneyland queue. So, I must be confused. What does Disneyland use that WDW now switched to?

Horizons

Playlist Author

I was under the impression that it was the DL queue BGM from the mid-1960's (perhaps it is the "original" BGM). I have seen two versions in circulation, one that looped twice and one, which has much better sound quality, that is the 4:20 version I referenced earlier. I am by no means an expert on DL audio, so perhaps X-S Tech would be kind enough to clear this up for us.

Gurgitoy2

I think that better quality 4:20 version is the "leaked" version from the cancelled "Disneyland Goes to the World's Fair" boxed set.

I really have no idea what Disneyland used during the 60's up through the early 90's for it's queue...now I'm curious. I remember the DLP version that they used for a while, and now since they restored the original soundtrack back, I was sure that they were using that exit track from the World's Fair, from which Wedroy's sample was also from. Now...I'm not so sure anymore. Does anybody have a definitive answer?

X-S Tech

I'm so confused now. I know that none of the clips referenced here are the current/classic Disneyland small world loop. As I understand it the World's Fair and DL had different exterior loops, among other things, DL's version included a Polynesian version of the song. So no, the two loops that Horizons refers to weren't from the World's Fair set, nor did the correct Small World loop appear on the 6CD 50th set. As for what WDW plays, I will have to defer to others.

Gurgitoy2

You and me both. I guess I thought Disneyland used what the world's fair used as exit, because it sure sounded like it. Maybe it used parts of that track? I'm so curious now to know what each park uses/used. Especially because I'm in the middle of making a big playlist for each park on itunes, and I want to be thorough.

BLM07

Horizons

Playlist Author

I thought I still had the live recording of the current WDW queue that I compared to the 4:20 track, but I can't seem to locate it. Perhaps I will make another one this weekend and post it for those that want to listen with their own ears. I am assuming posting a link to a live recording here is ok.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author

It is my understanding that the 4:20 mintue loop containing the polynesian segment was the original 1966 Disneyland it's a small world Queue Loop.

The loop I've been pursuing was the 1971 MK it's a small world Queue Loop, which contains the segment I posted earlier as well as number of other non-small world tunes, e.g. Irish Washerwoman, Mexican Hat Dance. The only documentation I have to support the existence of this is from the World's Fair issue of Persistence of Vision - footnote #54 in the article "Hi-Ho, Come to the Fair!" reads: "For Walt Disney's World's Small World, Buddy Baker interpolated several children's tunes into the queue music."

As for the World's Fair, the very next footnote might provide some clues: "The queue music was made up of two cues, "UNICEF #1" and "UNICEF #2." "UNICEF #1" contained a brief interpolation of Jaribe Tapatio (a.k.a. "Mexican Hat Dance") and "The Irish Washerwoman." This is the arrangement of It's a Small World most frequently heard on Record and Compact Disc. It provided the finale for the "Small World" LP album sold at the World's Fair and later, Disneyland."

What do think, does this help?

Gurgitoy2

Wedroy, I think it does help. The only place that had distinct entrance and exit music was the World's Fair version.

Oh, another question though. There is a strange track associate with the World's Fair version. Does that issue of Persistence of Vision mention anything about there being a clock there too? The track I've heard is similar to the clock parade at Disneyland, but smaller sounding. I know it's not from the parks, so the only place I could think of would be the fair.

X-S Tech

I think that's actually the original Disneyland clock. Don't know when it was updated prior to the change in the early 90s, but apparently there were 2 versions of the Disneyland Clock parade prior to the DLP version coming in. But no, there was no clock of any sort at the NYWF.

disneykw

If anyone still has any questions about the old MK/TDL Small World loop, the track listing is:

1 It's a Small World (After All)
2 Ach Du Lieber Augustin
3 Alouette
4 Chiapanecas
5 Estaba La P?jara Pinta
6 Funiculě--Funiculŕ
7 Hava Nagila
8 Irish Washerwoman
9 London Bridge

Not sure at MK, but at TDL they loop the Small World theme that Ben posted between each world song.
This is my holy grail of Disney bgm loops so hopefully someone has at least a live recording (fond memories from childhood).
Also for whoever was asking about the current WDW Small World loop, here you go. (It's live. I have a source recording also but the pitch is off.) http://www.savefile.com/files/1376683

wedroy1923

Playlist Author

disneykw: Thanks for posting the current version of the loop, sounds like it is the same as currently playing at Disneyland (which is believed to be the 1966 loop).

Regarding the tracklist you posted: I think the songs are correct, but I also believe they are in the wrong order because they are listed alphabetically.

almandot

Something makes me want to say that's not the current disneyland version.. was there more to it that didn't get recorded?

Horizons

Playlist Author

That is the current WDW version and identical to the old 1966 DL Queue track that I have.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but I've got another question concerning the early Fantasyland music.

Does anyone have information regarding the original Cinderella's Golden Carousel music? Would this music have also been used at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland? Was this music heard all over the east side of Fantasyland as it is today?

(Tokyo Disneyland albums included two Cinderella's Golden Carousel tracks, it's a small world and Chim Chim Cher-ee.)

Thanks in advance for any information.

almandot

I don't know if WDW's ever got use at Disneyland. I know when the current set of music came to Disneyland we thought they'd given us WDW's but the tracks sound different to people familiar with WDW's.

X-S Tech

No the current DL Carousel music was done for HKDL. Prior to that WDW and DL's carousells had the same music, but it actually originated at EDL/DLP.

Casamir67

I wish the disneymusicloops site was still operational; I believe Kirsten had a list of the songs used in the old it's a small world Queue Loop. Like I said, I remember the Irish Washerwoman, the Mexican Hat Dance, Funiculi, Funicula, I think. . .

Her site is still "operational", just hasn't been updated since July 2007. For iasw's queue music (from MK) it lists:

1 It's a Small World (After All)
2 Ach Du Lieber Augustin
3 Alouette
4 Chiapanecas
5 Estaba La P�jara Pinta
6 Funiculě--Funiculŕ
7 Hava Nagila
8 Irish Washerwoman
8 London Bridge

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I know I'm reviving an old topic, but I learned some new information about the original MK version of it's a small world's queue loop - and thanks go out to Mike Lee's incredible Widen Your World site and youtube channel!

You get a full three minutes and twenty-two seconds of queue footage from 1990 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbAP6AtuW0...feature=related

For those of you wondering the tunes you hear, here they are, in the following order:

01. Alouette
02. Estaba La P?jara Pinta
03. it's a small world
04. Funicule-Funicule
05. Ach Du Lieber Augustin

The footage here does NOT contain the full loop, as Chiapanecas, Hava Nagila, Irish Washerwoman, and London Bridge are not featured.

We can also say that the Magic Kingdom version did not have the same play order as the Tokyo Disneyland version.

Just FYI - as always, any additional information is apprecaited.