Magic Kingdom - New Year's Eve Fireworks

mmmfan

Hi Horizons-Just wondering, what music did they use for this fireworks show? Thanks.

Happy New Year Everyone! :rolleyes:

Horizons

Playlist Author
Just wondering, what music did they use for this fireworks show?
I'm not sure what you are specifically referring to. After the strangest 5 minute announcement I've ever heard, we were treated to renditions of Celebration and Pump Up the Jam. The main display was set to the old Fantasy in the Sky soundtrack. Finally, the main song in the tag ending was Auld Lang Syne.

Does this answer your question?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
So does that mean you just didn't get that bit to edit in or that they didn't use it?

Horizons

Playlist Author
So does that mean you just didn't get that bit to edit in or that they didn't use it?
Are you asking me? That ending dialog was cut off when I made my induction recording. The edit that was posted uses the "source" copy that was used on CNN (perhaps all of the cable news outlets) last year plus a live recording to fill in the first part of the tag. However, it also does not have the ending dialog that is spoken by Mickey. The missing dialog played the night I recorded it, but was cut off at the Polynesian (The first two seconds can be heard, then silence).

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Sorry, no, I should have included this quote by musicradio77.
"No I don't have the missing dialogue, this is all we have".
as I didn't know where the audio file came from and (wrongly) presumed that the live recording had just been done.
That missing bit may become a Holy Grail :)

Horizons

Playlist Author
You'll get no help from me. I'll be at Epcot tonight. New Year's Eve at the MK is lame.
No one in the family wanted to go to EPCOT tonight. I made plans months ago, but oh well.

How about getting the tag ending to Illuminations tonight? :)

almandot

I was at Epcot last night. Did you have reservations that you made months ago you could have given to me? :) Huh did you? :)

Horizons

Playlist Author
I was at Epcot last night. Did you have reservations that you made months ago you could have given to me? :) Huh did you? :)
Yes, but I canceled the reservation several weeks ago. How bad was it? The main reason I was going was to record the tag ending but, after listening to it, and seeing pictures of the crowds, I'm not that disappointed.

MagicCastle

How about getting the tag ending to Illuminations tonight? :)
I'm not pretty sure about this, but Ithink the New Years tag from Illuminations is a mix of several tracks that came from the IllumiNations 25th and the 1993 countdown audio that was used that year. They took audio tracks from that show that represented each country and added the voice of a native person before the audio track. Is this correct? PS: BTW, Hi everyone I'm new here!