Magic Kingdom - New Year's Eve Fireworks

Horizons

Playlist Author
It looks like Disney is running the NYE's fireworks on the 30th as well. Has anyone heard whether this year's show will be the same as last year (Fantasy in the Sky plus special tag ending)? This may be a good opportunity to go and make a recording.

Does the same show play at DL?

almandot

No one knows what show they really play at DL =P Last year's got cancelled due to wind so we never got to find out if we got any of wdw's new firework shells. The year before it was an assortment of disney songs in Disneyland and an assortment of hiphop songs similar to grad nite in DCA.

WishesFan

Wow, who's the music genius setting up the playlist for NYE's over there? :eek:
I can understand the pop decision ? keeping in mind the size of the New Years crowd and the overall party atmosphere of New Years Eve itself. I'm always for the Disney BGM... but I can see why they would shake it up for a big event every once in a while.
Hope everyone is doing well... the site is looking great!! :lol:
-Rick

almandot

Well in the Golden State amphitheater area there's always a DJ from a local radio hiphop station MCing a dance party with lots of lights and dancers. It can be heard all throughout paradise pier. The entire atmosphere of the park is more akin to Pleasure Island than a classic Disney amusement park, which combined with the fact that they serve alcohol and give out party hats and noisemakers makes it a popular choice for socal residents to go to that night instead of cramming into the sardine can next door to watch fireworks from DIsneyland. Hence when it comes time for the countdown, they make the different soundtrack choice.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Well, I'm going to record the show tonight. Since I only have one shot at getting it, I'm sure everything that can go wrong will. Let's hope all of the preshow announcements play. :rolleyes:

Horizons

Playlist Author
Where from?
Since I refuse to step foot in the parks over the next few days, I'll be setting up shop at the Polynesian. My only hesitation for the Poly is that I've never found a speaker that sounds really good. The Poly Christmas loop I sent you is about the best sound I've been able to get.

I went to the MK on Sunday night to record the underliner to Spectromagic and it was a zoo! I was very happy to leave the park right after the parade.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
My only hesitation for the Poly is that I've never found a speaker that sounds really good.
I've had all sorts of problems at the Polynesian?static, overload, interference from adjacent channels.

Not restricted to the Polynesian... There is usually a huge difference in volume levels for normal area music verses the special event stuff?and there is no way to know how loud it is going to be ahead of time with a one-shot deal like this?so try to plan accordingly.

The Poly Christmas loop I sent you
I am ashamed to say I haven't even downloaded it yet. Didn't you say it was awful? :rolleyes:

Horizons, I hope if anyone who has the source audio of the New Year's tag, please post it on either torrent or an MP3 file, but I glad you'll enjoy it! Last year, I was requesting to the NYE tag from Disney parks, to hear a source audio, I hope you might still look for it. Thanks!

Horizons

Playlist Author
Horizons, I hope if anyone who has the source audio of the New Year's tag, please post it on either torrent or an MP3 file, but I glad you'll enjoy it!
I am confident I won't have the source audio. I tried getting it last year, but came up empty.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Not restricted to the Polynesian...
Other than the one speaker at the TTC which I have never used, and absent going to the MK, do you have another recommendation?

there is no way to know how loud it is going to be ahead of time with a one-shot deal like this?so try to plan accordingly.
No pressure or anything... :rolleyes: If there were two speakers close together, I would set up two different recorders, at different volume levels. Or, if you're not doing anything around 11:50 this evening, you can come and make a backup recording.

I am confident I won't have the source audio. I tried getting it last year, but came up empty.

I hope someone will find it and post it an MP3 via Rapidshare or Megaupload soon. I also have the "Fantasy In The Sky" show from Disneyland being uploaded on YouTube in honor on New Year's Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N41dib9f94

I also have the song "Happy New Year" which was from a Disneyland album "'Happy Birthday' and Songs for Every Holiday" which I'm going to put it up on YouTube by tomorrow.

Horizons

Playlist Author
All but one of the beach speakers were not working this evening. I was lucky enough to have arrived early enough to claim my stake to the one working speaker. However, the speaker output really sucked, so no telling what the results will be. And to top it off, I believe Mickey had one additional line after the tag ending that was cut off. :rolleyes: Oh, and the audio playing from the barges were way off, I mean they could have been off more than 60 seconds.

On a positive note, the firework display was awesome!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
All but one of the beach speakers were not working this evening.
They recently swapped out a bunch of older speakers along the beach sidewalk for the new phallic-shaped ones. Too bad, too, since the new ones suck for induction recording purposes. :)

I believe Mickey had one additional line after the tag ending that was cut off. :rolleyes:
Bummer! I would go out tonight and make a recording from a much better location...but I am more interested in having fun over at Epcot. B)

Horizons

Playlist Author
They recently swapped out a bunch of older speakers along the beach sidewalk for the new phallic-shaped ones. Too bad, too, since the new ones suck for induction recording purposes.
I find the new ones hit or miss for recording purposes. Some of the speakers put out excellent recordings, after tweaks in Audition, while others are just ok, even after enhancements.

Bummer! I would go out tonight and make a recording from a much better location...but I am more interested in having fun over at Epcot.
Excellent! I don't have a recording of the EPCOT tag ending. Right before the show starts, climb one of those speaker towers and stick your recording device to it (then hit record and enjoy the show). :rolleyes:

Hau?oli Makahiki Hou