Magic Kingdom - Music Notes (1/16/09)

Horizons

Playlist Author
For those that like to follow the musical changes around WDW, here are some observations from a brief visit to the MK last night. I met a friend for a specific purpose, to get a "noise free" recording of one of the songs played in the queue to Space Mountain. Unfortunately, we were turned down by management. However, after walking the park for a few hours, we noticed the following:

The music playing around Big Thunder Mountain was the Frontierland area music, rather than the usual Big Thunder loop. Since September, I have noticed this on four different visits. I'm not sure why it keeps switching between the two.

There used to be a separate music loop playing past the entrance to the Island Supply Shop, by the covered walkway that is close to the building, heading towards the Agrabah Bazaar. Last night, the normal Adventureland loop was playing instead.

The music playing around Pirates of the Caribbean is still something I would really like to get. While it contains mostly music from the three movie scores, it also contains unreleased music. Does anyone know when this loop was installed?

The music that plays in Casey's Corner is the same as what plays in the Main Street Athletic Club. It's all needle drop, but I can't figure out what it is. If anyone has information, please post it. The Emporium plays the Main Street USA music loop.

I needed a live reference recording of the "Kiss Goodnight," which was supposed to play at 9:00, 9:30, and 10:00. We just missed the 9:00 show so we waited around for the 9:30 show. At 9:30 nothing happened, so we waited for the 10:00 show. At 10:00, of course, nothing happened, other than the fact that it was very cold outside and we were practically the only people in the hub/MSUSA area. Nothing like advertising three shows and only doing one. ;)

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Is it possible that Disney is trying to cut corners by downsizing the number of different loops to cut costs on royalties, etc.?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Is it possible that Disney is trying to cut corners by downsizing the number of different loops to cut costs on royalties, etc.?
Yeah, I think everyone is doing this now. I was at Planet Hollywood a few nights ago and they were playing just one song over and over again on continuous repeat. It was Weird Al Yankovic singing Eat It. I guess they got a real good deal on it. ;)

How come you're always such a fussy young man
Don't want no Captain Crunch, don't want no Raisin Bran
Well, don't you know that other kids are starving in Japan
So eat it, just eat it!

The music playing around Pirates of the Caribbean is still something I would really like to get. While it contains mostly music from the three movie scores, it also contains unreleased music. Does anyone know when this loop was installed?
The Pirates Loop is consisted of all tracks from POTC movies 1, 2, and 3 and it also consists of the bonus of some unreleased content, which believe it or not, it's all available, just look for this collectors set (it's no longer available at the Disney Parks anymore as of December 2008). The set is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Soundtrack Treasures Collection!! It has all 3 cds to the movie and the 4th disc is the unreleased disc featuring 15 tracks!! But in the area loop at the attraction it only has all 3 film soundtracks (all the tracks are used) and only 10 tracks from the bonus disc (tracks 1-9 and 15) I am not sure on the exact order though, I will find out for you!! However, I do know they are all mixed!!

The music playing around Big Thunder Mountain was the Frontierland area music, rather than the usual Big Thunder loop. Since September, I have noticed this on four different visits. I'm not sure why it keeps switching between the two.
BTMRR music, has been changed up for a while now, and it drives me crazy!! I will find out whats going on with it!!

Also, to other disney audio collectors, the Space Mountain attraction IS indeed closing this yr, starting from April 19th-Late Fall of 2009!! It is 100% official from a article I have found on OrlandoSentinel.com!! And since I am now a CM at the WDW Magic Kingdom, I have discovered, that all of our beloved pieces of music from the current ride, will be no more, an all new music loop is coming in too take over!! (My bet is that Space Mountain Mission II music loop from Disneyland will be added)!!!

Luke

If anyone ever wants to meet up with me or know where I work, I am in Adventureland/Liberty Square sections(Ad/Lib)!!!

Horizons

Playlist Author
The Pirates Loop is consisted of all tracks from POTC movies 1, 2, and 3 and it also consists of the bonus of some unreleased content, which believe it or not, it's all available, just look for this collectors set (it's no longer available at the Disney Parks anymore as of December 2008). The set is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Soundtrack Treasures Collection!! It has all 3 cds to the movie and the 4th disc is the unreleased disc featuring 15 tracks!! But in the area loop at the attraction it only has all 3 film soundtracks (all the tracks are used) and only 10 tracks from the bonus disc (tracks 1-9 and 15) I am not sure on the exact order though, I will find out for you!! However, I do know they are all mixed!!
I'm almost positive the loop includes music that was not released in the box set. I won't know for sure until I make my own recording, which I am going to do soon.

Horizons

Playlist Author
The pirates loop was installed just prior to the ride reopening with the new scenes. June 2006
Does DL have a similar loop? The loop includes music from At World's End, which wasn't released until May 2007. I wonder if more than one version of the loop has been used.

almandot

DL had, and I don't know if it still does, a loop at the French Market which contained POTC tracks from the movie and the ride. It was pretty short though if I remember correctly.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm almost positive the loop includes music that was not released in the box set. I won't know for sure until I make my own recording, which I am going to do soon.
Quoting myself isn't a good way to go, but I am now 100% positive there is music in the loop that hasn't been released, even on the box set. With the help of WDWGuy08, listening to a live recording I made, there is a variation of Jack Sparrow/Walk the Plank mixed with an unreleased version of Yo Ho.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
there is a variation of Jack Sparrow/Walk the Plank mixed with an unreleased version of Yo Ho.
Q. Will having a 100% accurate reproduction of the current loop make the changes that they made to the attraction suck any less? ;)

Horizons

Playlist Author
I found a 50 minute live recording of the Pirates of the Caribbean area music loop I did to start compiling a playlist. It's not complete and it's difficult to hear at times. Some tracks are highly edited and, as noted above, there is some unreleased music mixed in. The playlist is arranged by CD, but does not follow track order or use all of the songs included on a particular CD. The progression is "The Curse of the Black Pearl," "Dead Man's Chest," and then "At World's End." There is likely some mistakes and/or omissions in the list. WDWGuy08 is also making a list, so we can compare and see if we agree on the content. Once I make a full recording and a definitive list is made, I'll make a permanent post.

If anyone has already done this exercise, by all means, please reply to this post.

The Curse of the Black Pearl

- Fog Bound (Sound like a different start)
- The Medallion Calls
- Will and Elizabeth
- Walk the Plank
- Barbossa is Hungry
- Fog Bound
- The Medallion Calls
- Barbossa is Hungry
- Blood Ritual
- Walk the Plank
- Skull and Crossbones
- Bootstrap's Bootstraps
- Moonlight Serenade
- Underwater March
- One Last Shout
- He's a Pirate

Dead Man's Chest

- Jack Sparrow
- The Kraken
- Davey Jones

- ?? (There is more that wasn't picked up in the recording)

- Hello Beastie
- You Look Good Jack
- UNRELEASED

At World's End

- Up is Down
- At Wit's End
- Singapore
- The Brethren Court
- What Shall we Die For
- One Day
- Drink Up Me Hearties Yo Ho (END OF LOOP)

almandot

For what it's worth, yeah I don't think there's any way that's the original area loop from when they first put it into place in june 2006 ;) Besides the fact the other movies weren't out yet nor their scores/soundtracks created, it was shorter than that.

I would also love a copy of this loop, if its possible, since now I am a CM at WDW, I am not risking my neck to record the audio!! I'm sorry, but as a CM, we have many rules to follow, and audio recording is definately a big no-no for us!!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I would also love a copy of this loop, if its possible, since now I am a CM at WDW, I am not risking my neck to record the audio!! I'm sorry, but as a CM, we have many rules to follow, and audio recording is definately a big no-no for us!!
I'm in the process of putting a playlist together as I type this, with notes on the way the tracks were edited. I went to the MK this morning and made another reference recording. As of right now, I think there is only about 3 minutes of music that hasn't been released. If so, I would think getting this piece would be fairly easy to do.

You sound like someone else I know... ;)

I'm in the process of putting a playlist together as I type this, with notes on the way the tracks were edited. I went to the MK this morning and made another reference recording. As of right now, I think there is only about 3 minutes of music that hasn't been released. If so, I would think getting this piece would be fairly easy to do.

You sound like someone else I know... ;)

Maybe cause, u do know me, dude!! U helped me last yr on Mousbits!! Luke!!! I was looking for the Splash Loop and I became a CM!! Which my hunt for the Unrleased songs for Splash Mountain is still in progress I am not having any luck!! hehe

Horizons

Playlist Author
Maybe cause, u do know me, dude!! U helped me last yr on Mousbits!! Luke!!! I was looking for the Splash Loop and I became a CM!! Which my hunt for the Unrleased songs for Splash Mountain is still in progress I am not having any luck!! hehe
I am familiar with who you are, but I don't know you. I was referring to someone else.

Good luck on the Splash Mountain quest.

Horizons

Playlist Author
With the assistance of WDWGuy08, he and I each came up with a separate playlist and agreed to a final version. I have posted the information as a separate blog entry. There is only one minute of unreleased music, a remix of Jack Sparrow/Yo Ho. The loop is highly edited and a fantastic representation of the film scores.

By the way, the loop in Adventureland walking towards the Agrabah Bazaar (see first post in this thread) was playing its normal loop today. ;)