Looks like Disney may be coming to iTunes Plus...

BookPodder

I'm a Noob!
It looks like iTunes is moving toward making the Disney Archive stuff available in their "iTunes Plus" format (256 kbps, DRM free).  When I follow the "upgrade my library" link, three of my past WDR purchases show up in the list of titles available to upgrade to "iTunes Plus."  I was not able to complete the transaction, because the upgraded files are not actually available yet, but they are clearly tinkering around beneath the iTunes hood and this looks like an indication that the Disney stuff may be part of an iTunes overhaul.

Though not perfect, good news nonetheless!

BookPodder

I'm a Noob!
When I clicked "Upgrade My Library" I saw 'Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House,' 'Addition and Subtraction,' and 'POTC at World's End: Remixes' as eligible for upgrade. When I tried to complete the transaction, I got an error message, though. It happened earlier this afternoon but now, when I go to iTunes, Apple has removed all mention of and links to "iTunes Plus" from the iTunes home page.

BJWanlund

All right!!! I hope it comes soon! The amount of money I'd have to put out for iTunes Plus in terms of WDR is going to border on the excessive...

BJ

BJWanlund

...Aaand we have no confirmation as yet.

BJ

BookPodder

I'm a Noob!
Bingo!

Though it hasn't been announced yet in the keynote, my iTunes library is now showing 577 songs - including my Disney purchases - as eligible for iTunes Plus upgrades!

superbu

But here is the horrible, SUCKY thing about the iTunes Plus upgrades -- you have to upgrade your ENTIRE LIBRARY, or NONE AT ALL. No kidding. You cannot pick what songs or albums you upgrade. You either upgrade every song you've ever purchased at 30 cents a song, or none at all. Some deal, huh?