Listen to the Land - WDWF tracks?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello:

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Listen to the Land instrumental tracks that were available on WDW Forever - seven all together.

Where were these played in the attraction? While some of these sound familiar - like during the farm scene and filmed elements following that scene - I can't place all of them. Then again, it has been over ten years since I heard these in the attraction!

Does anyone know how the Symphony of the Seeds tracks were interspersed throughout the attraction?

I appreciate any help or information that can be provided.

wedroy1923

X-S Tech

That's the million dollar question isn't it? I've asked this several times and NEVER gotten more than confirmation that "Yes, we would like to know that too"! Hard to believe with all of the people out here who know so much about the parks music and EPCOT in particular that nobody has any info about this Pavillion. I kind of suspect that a lot of people have a bit of info, but not enough to pass on; ie: some CM's can probably remember certain tracks that played but not a whole playlist, or yes, they know that these songs played, but not whether the WDWForever tracks are indeed those same recordings (since WDWF released some stuff with totally inaccurate sources). In short, good luck!

BLM07

I'm guessing maybe the queue or the turning restaurant, what about the other various Land tracks from WDWF?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
blm07:

I know that the non-Listen to the Land tracks, i.e. Red River Valley, Old Man Tucker, Take Me Home Country Roads, etc. were from The Good Turn Restaurant. I have no idea if all the tracks make up a complete loop or what the play order might be.

I believe The Good Turn Restaurant did not last long before being re-named. I don't know if they changed the music at that time.

wedroy1923

Those instrumental tracks of "Listen to the Land" were played throughout the boatride. The children's chorus we all know from the official albums came first, as we floated passed the colorful, oversized leaves and vines. One was played in the farmhouse scene. To my recollection, they could also be heard in the greenhouse part of the tour toward the end, where we still see the slide show that I call "People Around the World, and the Food They Look Like." Leftover tracks were played softly over the queue PA, as well as unload.

X-S Tech

Thanks TempoBay!

Heres a list of the WDW Forever tracks. Any idea where specific ones played?

Land, "Oh Susannah" 2:00
Land, "Red River Valley" 2:26
Land, "Turkey in the Straw" 1:42
Land, "Swanee River" 2:22
Land, "Home on the Range" 2:14
Has a sax solo.
Land, "Old Man Tucker" 3:23
Land, "On Top of Old Smokey" 1:35
Land, "Take Me Home Country Roads" 2:14 [RESTORED 4/00]
Land, "Listen to the Land" #1 1:37
Country hoedown, harmonica start with fiddle and banjo.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #2 1:57
Traditional country, electric guitar start, with pedal steel, piano and horns.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #3 1:59
Like #1, same instruments, but has a slow fiddle start.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #4 2:16
Like #2, honky tonk piano start, guitar more prominent.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #5 2:18
Accordion start with piano, harmonica and fiddle.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #6 2:18
As of 12/00 #5 and #6 are THE SAME TRACK. #6 has stereo echo at end. These sound different on kiosk samples, but print out on disks as same track.
Land, "Listen to the Land" #7 2:01
Like #2, acoustic guitar start.
All "Listen to the Land" tracks are instrumental.
Land, "Darlin' Clementine" 2:00
Land, "Jimmy Crack Corn" 1:44
Land, "Dixieland" 2:09 [RESTORED 4/00]
Land, "Orange Blossom Special" 2:19 [RESTORED 4/00]

Sorry, I can't really help you with most of those other titles. The boatride used the track from the Official Album and Nos. 1 thru 7 of "Listen to the Land," I know that. Which is which though? I don't know, they are all very similar, but the farmhouse scene was accompanied by one of the harmonica pieces. Perhaps someone videotaped the ride. That would definitely straighten this out.

FRAN?OIS

I worked at The Good Turn Restaurant AND when it became The Land Grille Room and I can certify that, then, there was NEVER any background music in the place, goodness gracious!

There was enough to put up with some of the sounds from the boat ride down below! Boy, how tough it was to work in that place and NOT only for the repetitive sounds; you see, the AC system then could not be used at maximum because it would drip on the guests' tables so it was TOO DARN hot in that place in the summer!

Well, there's life after The Land Grille Room after all! :D

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Thank you for the information about the BGM (or lack thereof) for The Good Turn Restaurant.

Now I'm wondering where I came upon that information.

Anyway, thank again,
wedroy1923

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
One more thing while we're muddling through this:

Were the Symphony of the Seed tracks (floating around out there) played as a counter-point to the Listen to the Land tracks? I hope I'm making sense here.

wedroy1923

The 'Symphony of the Seed' tracks were posted on Rodentsections some time ago, six of them, with no information other than it was the queue music for 'Listen to the Land'. I know 'Listen to the Land', which was replaced by 'Living with the Land' (yes, the boat ride) used to feature a different beginning - can anyone confirm (Fran?ios, perhaps) if this, indeed, is true? I'd love to put this one to rest.

Late breaking news - found this gem while trying to research via the web. (I know, I know; fruitless. Nonetheless, I thought some of you might appreciate this. Check out 'Darling Clementine' at the 1 minute mark.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSWAoOQYvZI

Chinese cabbage is rich in vitamins and minerals. Wow, this is the best 'worst' job I never had.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Okay, I'm a dork - but that little bit of information is the coolest thing! I have wondered for years where those Listen to the Land tracks were actually used, and now we can say that "Darlin' Clementine" was at least one of the queue songs!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

wedroy1923

Horizons

Playlist Author
One of the other projects I am currently working on is the Garden Grill BGM. The loop is made up of 30 tracks, but I have only been able to identify 21 so far. Some of the Walt Disney World Forever tracks are used, but a lot of the tracks come from the Big Thunder Mountain BGMs from DLP and WDW. Unfortunately, there is at least one song so far that I cannot locate anywhere else (in order to reconstruct the loop).

Wedroy1923: Are you interested in helping me figure out the last 9 tracks?

Of course, if anyone has already done this, any information would be appreciated.

Gurgitoy2

"Chinese cabbage is rich in vitamins and minerals. Wow, this is the best 'worst' job I never had."

LOL, yeah, he really seemed into his job, right? I only hope they never sent him to the MK to work on the Jungle Cruise!

You got that right, Ben. His delivery and cadence were just terrible. Granted, delivering that spiel 20+ times a day isn't the pinnacle of excitement but wow that was hard to listen to.

The only thing worse was the section of the tape where we saw the back of the guy's head in the blue shirt - painful only because I'm sure my hair looked exactly the same back then. Yikes!

FRAN?OIS

blm07:

I know that the non-Listen to the Land tracks, i.e. Red River Valley, Old Man Tucker, Take Me Home Country Roads, etc. were from The Good Turn Restaurant. I have no idea if all the tracks make up a complete loop or what the play order might be.

I believe The Good Turn Restaurant did not last long before being re-named. I don't know if they changed the music at that time.

wedroy1923

I have worked at The Good Turn Restaurant and also when it became The Land Grille Room and there was no bgm for the restaurant! Thank Goodness, that would have made me crazier than I am...

It was enough to hear the rooster and the dog over and over!
Was I glad when I transferred to Guest Relations where they had only one song: "Listen to the Guests Complaining!" ;D

Horizons,
I am headed to WDW on April 19th. We have a character dining planned at the Garden Grill. While I am sure that I will be having fun enjoying my lunch, I would be glad to try to help identify some tracks for you. Do you already have a recording of the tracks and just don't know what the songs are? Or do you not have all of them recorded. I have heard that it is hard to get anything because the restuarant rotates. Just thought I would offer if you need info. about the current BGM.

X-S Tech

Horizons, Can you post the track names that you have identified and thier sources? I'd love to be able to relabel those WDWF tracks with thier appropriate location.

Horizons

Playlist Author
This is a work in progress. Also, I don't know where the loop officially begins.

1 Old Man Tucker WDWF
2 Bile 'em Cabbage Down DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 24)
3 Turkey in the Straw WDWF
4 All Aboard the Mine Train DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 2) / WDW BTM BGM (Tr 2)
5 Bearless Love DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 25)
6 Coming Round the Mountain ?
7 Buffalo Girls WDW - BTM BGM (Tr 11)
8 Old Betsy #2 DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 20)
9 West of the Wide Missouri WDW - BTM BGM (Tr 1)
10 ? ?
11 Listen to the Land #5 WDWF
12 California Gold WDW-BTM (Tr 3)
13 Oh Susannah WDWF
14 Old Yeller WDW-BTM (Tr 6)
15 Polly Wolly Doodle DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 22)
16 Pecos Bill WDW - BTM (Tr 7)
17 ? (Sounds exactly like TR 10) ?
18 Jimmie Crack Corn WDWF
19 You Are My Sunshine MK - 1971 Frontierland BGM (Tr 10)
20 ?
21 ?
22 Red River Valley #1 DLP - BTM BGM (Tr 21)
23 ?
24 ?
25 Rock Candy Mountain WDW - BTM BGM (Tr 12)
26 ?
27 ?
28 Skip to My Lou MK - 1971 Frontierland BGM (Tr 8)
29 Way Down Upon The Swanee River DLP - BTM BGM (TR 29)
30 ?

X-S Tech

Horizons I feel like I just gained a bunch of new tracks. I had them before but now that I suddenly know where they belong, it's like I can listen to them with new appreciation!