Light is FINALLY shed on the "Remember the Magic Finale"

WishesFan

Hey, guys!

On my most recent trip to WDW, I finally was able to find out who arranged the Remember the Magic finale from Fantasy in the Sky (during the 25th Anniversary). The arranger-- Gordon Goodwin!!! Ah, finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently they can?t release the names of the singers though. They said that they were confidential. What? Any idea why they would be confidential but Gordon wouldn?t be?

Just wanted to let ?yall know. Now, the only thing I need is a CLEAN version of this song and I?ll be set. Many kind people have sent me their versions, but there is always a twinge in the sound, especially when the orchestra cuts out and leaves the choir holding the last note. If anyone knows what I?m talking about and knows how I can get a CLEAN version, please let me know. Thanks so much!

Have a GREAT day,
-Rick

Dr. Know

Good job, Rick. I don't know why this information is always so elusive. I still haven't been able to find out who composed the Tomorrowland 2055 theme after all these years (and carried out the arrangements for the TL2055 loop recordings).

SharonKurland

> Apparently they can?t release the names of the singers
> though. They said that they were confidential. What?
> Any idea why they would be confidential but Gordon
> wouldn?t be?

I know someone who has been on dozens of Disney parade and show-related soundtracks. Besides having an awesome voice, he's "just" a WDW performer...worked in various stage shows, singing groups, etc., on and off, (currently off...he's working on Broadway) over the past 10 or so years. I don't know what his credentials are, but I wonder if "whatever they are," or what his contract states, might have something to do with it.

-Sharon-

I know they get a lot of the WDW cast to perform in many different capacities outside of thier normal roles at WDW. The man who is the current Voice of the monorail works over in Central Reservation. They may not want to revial thier names to preserve the experience. I think you lose a sence of the magic when you find out the girl with the amazing voice is actually running the dumbo ride, I dont know maybe it just me, but I dont know and rightfully so, Disney is very sensative and protective of preserving every part of the magic!