Journey Into Your Imagination Area Music

Journey Into Imagination theme coming soon...

Journey Into Imagination theme coming soon...

I'm going to WDW and I'm leaving this Sunday. I will post this theme once I get back home around July 25.

Alex K

Re:Journey Into Imagination theme coming soon...

The outside loop seems to be the same as it was last year, so that's not too interesting. I wouldn't be too thrilled with a ride-through either: I made a video (actually 2, one in infrared), but amazingly I haven't watched it, nor have I had the urge to do so. The inside loop sounds very interesting, but it is very difficult to record, unless someone "inside" does it. If you can make a clean recording of that one, it would be welcome!

Dr. Know

Imagination Institute Gift Shop Music

Hey there

I am trying to track down the background music played in the gift shop adjacent to the "What If?" Labs in Epcot's Journey into Imagination pavilion... it is an orchestral loop with snippets of the Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Imagination Institute theme...

Has anyone made a recording -- even a poor one? I am desperate...

sds910

Re:Imagination Institute Gift Shop Music

I believe you'll find that much of that music is actually ripped straight off the commercially available soundtrack CD for "Honey I Blew Up The Kid". Check out Intrada's website if you can't find the CD anywhere else.

Steve

Dr. Know

Steve -- thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think the music comes from Honey, I Blew up the Kid. I have an 18 minute mp3 labeled "Imagination area music" (1999) which is mostly made up of Bruce Broughton's Honey, I Blew up the Kid, and I'm pretty sure this is not what is played in the giftshop -- though I don't know where it is or was played. (I do own the soundtrack on Intrada, too). A "live" recording will settle it.

:)

X-S Tech

Check out the Digital Disney website. There's a live recording labeled "Imagination Area Loop" or something like that. It's made up of the theme from the Non figment version (though I haven't been on the latest so maybe it uses the same theme still), One little spark and stuff from HISTA. It's about 18 min as well I believe.

Dr. Know

Thanks, but that's the same loop as the mp3 that I have, mostly from the Honey, I Blew Up the Kid soundtrack... nothing there from HISTA.

Was the music arranged by Steve Bartek? It sounds very much in the style of the music created for Rocket Rods at DL. Same kinda weird synth chords and effects (like the reverse guitar) as Rocket Rods. Anyone know for sure?

WDWGuy08

i have sent an email off to mr. bartek and asked, will let you know, when he replies!

Marko

I was at Epcot the other day and I noticed, while sitting on the benches outside, that the Imagination area loop contained several cues from Honey I Blew Up The Kid. Does anyone have an accurate tracklisting?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I was at Epcot the other day and I noticed, while sitting on the benches outside, that the Imagination area loop contained several cues from Honey I Blew Up The Kid. Does anyone have an accurate tracklisting?

WDWGuy08 has started a list, but he couldn't come up with one of the track names. Three tracks come from "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid," two come from "Flubber," one track may not have been released, and then the single unknown song.

I'll let him decide if he wants to post his playlist.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Does anyone have an idea on how many different BGMs played at JIYI? I have a count at three, with one running around 18 minutes, which I assume is the current one. There's another running around 13:40 which (I believe) was the original one, and then there's one running around 19 minutes, which is labeled as from 1994. This leads me to think that the 13 minute one played until 1994, then the 19 minute one played until around 2001/2002. Can anyone shed some light?

Horizons

Playlist Author
Does anyone have an idea on how many different BGMs played at JIYI? I have a count at three, with one running around 18 minutes, which I assume is the current one. There's another running around 13:40 which (I believe) was the original one, and then there's one running around 19 minutes, which is labeled as from 1994. This leads me to think that the 13 minute one played until 1994, then the 19 minute one played until around 2001/2002. Can anyone shed some light?

I don't have any information on the history of the loops in this area. But I would really like to have the loop that was the subject of the thread Jay merged with this one, the interior loop. Once high season is over, I'll probably try and make a live reference recording with my new shotgun mic.

WDWGuy08

WDWGuy08 has started a list, but he couldn't come up with one of the track names. Three tracks come from "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid," two come from "Flubber," one track may not have been released, and then the single unknown song.

I'll let him decide if he wants to post his playlist.

hey horizons! thanks for bringing that up i had forgotten about THAT ONE too, lol. let me find it and ill post later... again, thanks!

WDWGuy08

Imagination Pavilion Area Music Loop Cue List (1999)

Cue Title: Main Title
Artist: Bruce Broughton
Album: Honey, I Blew Up The Kid
Timeframe: 0:00 - 3:06

Cue Title: Unknown
Artist: Unknown
Album: Unknown
Timeframe: 3:06 - 4:07

Cue Title: Take Off
Artist: Danny Elfman
Album: Flubber
Timeframe: 4:07 - 4:37

Cue Title: Main Title
Artist: Danny Elfman
Album: Flubber
Timeframe: 4:37 - 6:16

Cue Title: Unknown
Artist: Steve Bartek
Album: No Album
Timeframe: 6:16 - 11:16

Cue Title: Look At That Mother!
Timeframe: 11:16 - 13:40

Cue Title: That's All Folks!
Timeframe: 13:40 - 18:01

*NOTE: Timeframe, refers to location in the loop.*

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Thanks for the playlist, WDWGuy08. I wanted to know what the first track was in the loop - it sounded very familiar.