John Williams at Studios

Anyone know if there's any music played before the Indiana Jones stunt show? Im thinking after the show they play the Raider's March.

Also, does anyone know whats played outside of Star Tours? I'd like to get a current list before the attraction changes.

-thanks!

Horizons

Playlist Author
The Echo Lake loop plays before the show starts (I have about 30 minutes off the ALD feed). I may have a recording of the post-show music as well, I'll have to check. The rehearsal CD (I think this is what I have) may contain something other than the show music.

I was just telling someone last week that Star Wars may be my next project. I have the exit hall music, but that's about it. It's a track that was released on a Tokyo Disneyland CD, looped twice. I'll see if I have any notes on this. I would love to get full reference recordings of the queue to see if it matches the source audio that is in circulation (which I assume to be from DL).

I was just telling someone last week that Star Wars may be my next project. I have the exit hall music, but that's about it. It's a track that was released on a Tokyo Disneyland CD, looped twice. I'll see if I have any notes on this. I would love to get full reference recordings of the queue to see if it matches the source audio that is in circulation (which I assume to be from DL).
The exit hall is a re-recording right? I wonder if the whole exterior area music is a re-recording too. I know for Star Wars weekends they kind of just played tracks from the movies, like when the cantina band would play. Im hoping the loop is all the original recordings, itd make it easier to recreate!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The exit hall is a re-recording right? I wonder if the whole exterior area music is a re-recording too.
I'm pretty sure that the Star Tours exterior/queue loop consists of tracks from the OSTs and is not comprised of re-recorded tracks. And as I recall, it's relatively heavy on music from Return of the Jedi, including one of my favorite cues from the original trilogy, "Into the Trap". I believe that others have looked into this before, and they might be able to speak more directly to my claims.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm pretty sure that the Star Tours exterior/queue loop consists of tracks from the OSTs and is not comprised of re-recorded tracks. And as I recall, it's relatively heavy on music from Return of the Jedi, including one of my favorite cues from the original trilogy, "Into the Trap". I believe that others have looked into this before, and they might be able to speak more directly to my claims.
Th queue loop is not a compilation of film score music. Rather, it consists of flight announcements, character dialog, and other sounds. I believe the DL version is what is in circulation and I would love to find out if WDW uses the same. I'll be sure to get a recording of the Star Tours weekend BGM this year. Jay made fun of me last year for wanting to record it, although I know he made his own recording. :rolleyes:

I hav a recording of the interior loop, it gets kind of annyoing after awhile with all the noise. I also have the track "droid rooms" which kind of sounds like 80s techno, I think its from DL. Im more interested in the music played outside the building. For some reason Im just drawing a blank on whats played!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Th queue loop is not a compilation of film score music. Rather, it consists of flight announcements, character dialog, and other sounds. I believe the DL version is what is in circulation and I would love to find out if WDW uses the same.
I was referring to the exterior queue loop, heard prominently when one has to wait in the line that snakes through the Ewok village at DHS, not to the music/voice-overs/travel commercials heard inside. I misunderstood exactly which loop was being discussed... :rolleyes:

Horizons

Playlist Author
I still think you secretly made your own recording. :rolleyes:

Completely off topic, but there are rumors abound that Tomorrow's Child, or some variation thereof, is about to be added to the Spaceship Earth descent. I don't pay attention to most rumors that come off WDWMagic, but someone who is a bit more trustworthy on information also confirmed this. Just curious if anyone else has heard the same (aside from what's being discussed on WDWMagic). I'm meeting nelsonj3 at EPCOT this evening to attempt another recording of something, so I'll stop by and see if there have been any changes yet.

If this does happen, I would hope it would be added as background music to the stupid video segment, opposed to cutting Broughton's score in the descent.

Marko

Completely off topic, but there are rumors abound that Tomorrow's Child, or some variation thereof, is about to be added to the Spaceship Earth descent. I don't pay attention to most rumors that come off WDWMagic, but someone who is a bit more trustworthy on information also confirmed this. Just curious if anyone else has heard the same (aside from what's being discussed on WDWMagic). I'm meeting nelsonj3 at EPCOT this evening to attempt another recording of something, so I'll stop by and see if there have been any changes yet.

If this does happen, I would hope it would be added as background music to the stupid video segment, opposed to cutting Broughton's score in the descent.
Doesn't the descent music also play partially in the ascent tunnel at the beginning of the ride? I recently watched a video where someone taped the whole ride. Ride after the face recognition music played a soft variation of the theme began to play.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Doesn't the descent music also play partially in the ascent tunnel at the beginning of the ride? I recently watched a video where someone taped the whole ride. Ride after the face recognition music played a soft variation of the theme began to play.
My understanding is that the two pieces are different (i.e., ascent and descent). Maybe if Randy reads this, he can confirm my understanding. What I would like to find out is how much actual score was not released on the OA.

My estimate of the tracks released on the Official Album:

Spaceship Earth Exterior
Spaceship Earth Ascent (So let's travel back in time...)
Cavemen Scene
The Phoenecians
Greece Mathematician
The Roman Empire
The Renaissance
Renaissance Chapel
Turn of the Century
Tunnel
Descent into blue starfield

Estimate of tracks not released...
Egyptian Scene
Libraries of the Middle East
European Monks
Computers
View of Earth (chorus-heavy; it seems as though the last track on the 08 album release may have emphasized the instrumental behind the heavy chorus)
Your future (video)

Also, the Cavemen Music & Chapel Chorus tracks sound different between the CD release and the actual attraction. Not sure here.

Horizons

Playlist Author
question about the Indiana Jones track on the official album: is the last 2-3 minutes of the track the playoff or exit music?
The music on the OA does (sort of) match up to my recording. I just need to go back and make a full recording of the exit music. I have about 3 minutes of the exit music I recorded on a previous visit and something else that runs close to 10 minutes. I need to compare these two items in more detail. However, I sent thx99 a sample of both items and he didn't think they were the same. I need to take a closer listen, but he's usually spot on in his observations (although it makes no sense that the two would not be the same).

Horizons

Playlist Author
The exit hall is a re-recording right? I wonder if the whole exterior area music is a re-recording too. I know for Star Wars weekends they kind of just played tracks from the movies, like when the cantina band would play. Im hoping the loop is all the original recordings, itd make it easier to recreate!
The exit hall is a re-recording. I just spoke with someone who has a reference recording for the exterior music. He's attempted a playlist but I'm going to take over the project. Well, he doesn't know it yet, but thx99 and I will be taking over the project. ;) I tried to record the exterior music last weekend but it was playing really low and, as you can imagine, that area of the park was really busy and loud.

There's lots of music from Star Wars Weekend that need to be sorted and playlists made. I'm going back this weekend to get more of the area music loops. Most of the music from these loops come from the OST's, but we (I should say thx99) has discovered a few of the selections are re-recorded versions. It's possible some of the exterior music from Star Tours also comes from re-recorded versions, in addition to material from the OST's.