Jack Wagner Reel-to-Reel Collection

By some twist of fate I have been made caretaker of several original recordings from the Jack Wagner collection. B) One of these is the master of the 1977 version of the WDW Electrical Water Pageant. I have transferred the reel-to-reels to WAV format and plan to stream (no downloads) samples (lower quality MP3 :rolleyes:) from my site. I made a remix of the EWP that you can listen to here:

1977 Electrical Water Pageant

You will also see the original track notes by Jack Wagner. There are 60 total tracks which include mono, stereo, with/without reverb. For the remix I used the stereo ones with reverb (except for the Patriotic Medley which only has mono version). Hope you enjoy. :)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
That's awesome! I appreciate your hard work and look forward to hearing more.

I had a feeling Don Dorsey did the 2nd generation of the EWP soundtrack as he did MSEP when I first heard it on a video of YouTube. :rolleyes: He did a fantastic job on the Moog with both productions. What's even fantastic is the fact that you were nice enough to share it with us. Many thanks for your efforts. Speaking of MSEP, I wonder if there are any extended tracks of the loops, especially the loops used in the 1978 Orange Bowl Halftime show.

BLM07

Pretty cool little treasure you got there.

Zarpman

This = amazing!

Any chance the original vocoder announcement to Walt Disney World's MSEP is in that stack of gold? :rolleyes:

Any chance the original vocoder announcement to Walt Disney World's MSEP is in that stack of gold? :)
I wish! No, I only have 9 reel-to-reels along with other items from the collection. Interesting, but sad story. The gentleman who had these before me was given all of Jack's stuff by the Wagner family. That gentleman died about a year ago and his family was looking for a caretaker of the items. A friend of mine was given charge to find someone and she turned to me. She gave me the box with the 9 tapes to examine and then I was to get the rest later. Unfortunately it turns out the family had stored all the rest in another family member's garage, who decided to clean out the garage and took all the rest of the collection to the dump :rolleyes:. No telling what treasures were lost. Most likely Randy has copies of all in the vault. At least I hope so.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
This is absolutely incredible! Thank you for sharing this with the group. :)

this is my favorite version of the EWP, and i was very fortunate to also get a copy of this from a freind who knows Don quite well. BTW do you happen to know when track #10 on that recording was dropped from the show? Track 14 "TenCennial theme" was really cool.

Speaking of MSEP, I wonder if there are any extended tracks of the loops, especially the loops used in the 1978 Orange Bowl Halftime show.
i have a copy of the "Pete's Dragon" Orange Bowl track on a CD somewhere. that CD was given to me bu the same freind who I got the EWP tracks from.

Edit: just looked at the EWP track list and realized i only have the Final versions of each track

this is my favorite version of the EWP, and i was very fortunate to also get a copy of this from a freind who knows Don quite well. BTW do you happen to know when track #10 on that recording was dropped from the show? Track 14 "TenCennial theme" was really cool.

Speaking of MSEP, I wonder if there are any extended tracks of the loops, especially the loops used in the 1978 Orange Bowl Halftime show.
i have a copy of the "Pete's Dragon" Orange Bowl track on a CD somewhere. that CD was given to me bu the same freind who I got the EWP tracks from.

Edit: just looked at the EWP track list and realized i only have the Final versions of each track
It would be great to hear how that sounds sans the crowds and etc of the Orange Bowl.

Here is another reel-to-reel from the Jack Wagner collection. Not sure if this was used as BGM in Disneyland or maybe something used in preparations for WDW. Anyway you can listen to it here:

1970 Pre-Presentation Disney Music

Also I have placed a link to Ron Misiker bio as Jack evidently sent it to him. This should stir up the "Loop" fans among us. Anyone know the history here??

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Fantastic stuff, once again! Thanks a million for sharing.

The Trout

Oh my God, I've never heard that "Happy Mouse" song. I was probably better off! :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing this material with us!

Gurgitoy2

Oh my God, I've never heard that "Happy Mouse" song. I was probably better off! :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing this material with us!

I believe Jimmy Dodd wrote "Happy Mouse". I know it's on the "Mickey Mouse and his Friends" record, and maybe others, but that's where I heard it. It's a cute song...but, kind of an "earworm" too.

MakeMineMusic, thanks for sharing this! I'm glad some of his collection was preserved.

That version of "Happy Mouse" has been on several records, and even made it to at least one CD. I once had a cardboard 78 RPM record of it (presumably from a cereal box). Unforturnately, it was this flimsy, filmy plastic glued to the cardboard, and my phono needle pierced it in several places, rendering it unplayable.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
That's so awesome! Thanks for posting another great treasure!