iTunes Wish List - Soundtracks/Vintage Disneyland LP's

hauntdmansn

Itunes Wish List - Soundtracks/ Vintage Disneyland LP's

I don't know If this has been asked before but, tell me about what albums or songs you would get most excited about. What do you want released?

Songs from The Jungle Book AOJF
Sword in the Stone
Spring
Fall
Summer
Winter (you guys know which ones! :D)
Robin Hood, Bruns'73
I could go on, and on!

Just "really" watched Pollyanna, loved the sets and everything about the movie, but the soundtrack was really an important part of the movie an It was tremendous!

How about you?

BJWanlund

Re: Itunes Wish List - Soundtracks/ Vintage Disneyland LP's

Here's my wishlist:

The Fox and the Hound
Flashbeagle
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Aristocats

BJ

BJWanlund

Oops! Forgot Mickey Mouse Splashdance! (I only want it for "You Can Always Be Number One"...)

BJ

Rich T

I would love to see these on iTunes:

Walt Disney's Song Parade
The Sword in the Stone (story and songs)
101 Dalmations (story and songs)
Pirates of the Caribbean attraction LP (for the Thurl Ravenscroft songs)

Those would really make my day and unlock a lot of memories! Most of my other favorites are now available, thanks to Randy! It's a very good time to be a Disney music fan!

Hey, BJWanlund! Splashdance is already on iTunes! Go get that song! :D

Annette at Bikini Beach
Annette: Muscle Beach Party
Annette's Pajama Party
Annette: Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Annette Sings Golden Surfing Hits
Annette: The Story of My Teens
The Best of Annette
(Annette's unique singles)
Annette and Hayley
The Moon-Spinners (soundtrack)
That Darn Cat! (soundtrack)
In Seach of the Castaways (songs from plus single versions)
(Hayley Mills unique singles)
Songs from Pollyanna
Songs From Three Great Walt Disney Films Starring Hayley Mills
(The Best of Hayley Mills)
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (includes unique Hayley and Annette and Scarecrow)
(Ludwig VonDrake unique singles and tracks)
(The Best of Darlene)
Holidays with the Mouseketeers
How to Be a Mouseketeer
Walt Disney Song Fest (Walt Disney's Most Beloved Songs) (Darlene/Mousketeers)
Songs from Perri (Darlene)
Darlene of the Teens
(Unique Darlene Singles and tracks)
Songs of Zorro and other TV Heroes
Songs from Sleeping Beauty (Darlene)
Song of the South (WDL Soundtrack)
Sleeping Beauty (WDL version soundtrack)
Mary Poppins (Vista version soundtrack)
Songs from 101 Dalmatians
Songs from The Sword in the Stone
The Story of Sleeping Beauty Told and Sung by Mary Martin
(Unique Disneyland/Vista Singles, including Pretty Irish Girl single)
The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (Soundtrack)
Ranger Woodlore: Little Ranger Nature Camp
Goofy's Dance Party
A Christmas Adventure in Disneyland
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
33 Great Walt Disney Motion Picture Melodies Conducted by Camarata
Camarata Interprets Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Camarata Conducts Cinderella and Bambi
Walt Disney Productions Presents The Young Generation (British Vista)
The New Mickey Mouse Club (Soundtrack) (plus singles)
The Mouse Factory
The Aristocats and other Cat Songs
The Shaggy Dog
Songs of the Absent-Minded Professor
Songs of Folk Heroes (The Wellingtons)
America the Beautiful
Walt Disney's Happiest Songs
Walt Disney's Merriest Songs
Sing!
Anita Bryant Sings Songs of The Orange Bird
The Kids of the Kingdom

will

While i'd like to see vintage soundtracks that have been available on LP released on CD or iTunes, i'm still shooting for unreleased material that hasn't been avalible on either format. Yes, the story of Snow White without the 'Magic Mirror' cover would suck, i'd still rather have the soundtracks for:

Robin Hood (1973)
The Rescuers
The Sword in the Stone
The Journey of Natty Gann
The Black Cauldron
That Darn Cat! (1964)
Swiss Family Robinson
and more 'Classic Disney' with the title songs/music from 'Freaky Friday', 'Super Dad', 'Pollyanna', 'The Parent Trap' and other Disney gems.

will

Well if we really need soundtracks/vintage LP's here is my list:

Song of the South (WDL-4001/DQ-1205)
A Child's Introduction to Melody and Instuments of the Orchestra (DQ-1232)
All The Songs from The Sword in the Stone (DQ-1236) although an actual soundtrack would be better
Mickey and the Beanstalk (DQ-1248) again, an actual soundtrack release would be great
Little Red Riding Hood and Other Best Loved Fairy Tale (DQ-1287) this LP has great jazz with the stories!
Songs from the 'The Happiest Millionaire' (DQ-/STER-1303) which should be released with an expanded version of the original soundtrack as a second CD!
Pollyanna (DQ-1307)
The Aristocats and other cat songs (DQ-1333) although the original soundtrack has been released in Europe on the Pickwick Label, the original soundtrack has yet to be released in the US of A.
Winter (WDL/STER-3026) Camarata
Summer (WDL/STER-3027) Camarata
Spring (WDL/STER-3032) Camarata
The Changing Seasons (BV/STER 2231) Camarata
The Moon Spinners (BV-3323) unfortunately, I think this was only recorded in mono, maybe a miracle could happen, and Randy could find the stereo masters, it's a great Ron Grainer soundtrack
The Living Desert/The Vanishing Prairie (BV-3326) again, is there a stereo master?
That Darn Cat! (BV/STER-3334) - just a great soundtrack
Switzerland/Samoa (WDL-4003)
Camarata Interprets Music from Cinderella and Bambi (WDL-4009)
Grand Canyon (WDL/STER-4019)
Camarata Conduct The Happiest Millionaire (BV/STER-4030) again a great addition to a multi-disc Happiest Millionaire expanded CD
The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (BV/STER-5002) expanded would be nice!
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (STER-5003) an expanded soundtrack ala Mary Poppins would be great
Scandalous John (STER-5004)

Thanks, y'all! Read and noted! Pretty much matches my wishlist.

Though music is an easy sell (to the distributor), Storytellers are a bit more difficult. I have some higher profile albums - "Peter and the Wolf" and "Tuby the Tuba" that I will soon test 'the waters' with. But I am trying to get these story albums out.  I mean, Bill's lived without Mary Martin narrating "Sleeping Beauty" for long enough, damn it! ;)

Right now, the music albums are doing exceptionally well! Just read some of the 'reviews'! Nearly 90% of the reactions are what I had hoped - fond memories of childhood relived. That's exactly the whole point!! With iTunes, more people have these recordings beyond anything that I had tried before.

As for new (previously unreleased) soundtracks. That's what I'm shooting for. The first test (20k) is doing great. It may very well lead to more. Be warned however, if it happens at all, it won't happen in rapid fire. Think the unimaginable blinding speed of a glacier... or maybe Pangea.

Special note for Merlin:
I tried to get "Moonspinners" done in the last upload for you. But when I pulled the 1/2" 3 track, it was just the Greek song sessions (and was actually quite painful to listen to). At the moment, the original album master is lost. But I have not given up, and I have a few more avenues to explore. Hope to surprise you someday.

Randy

>>Special note for Merlin: I tried to get "Moonspinners" done in the last upload for you. But when I pulled the 1/2" 3 track, it was just the Greek song sessions (and was actually quite painful to listen to). At the moment, the original album master is lost. But I have not given up, and I have a few more avenues to explore. Hope to surprise you someday.

cschurr

I thought I would just throw my vote in for everything and anything, I would really like to see some music from the shorts. If I had to list exactly the ones I want it would be:

Pigs is Pigs
Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom

I know there is more, but I'm far away from my dvds to remind me.

Also, I would love Sleepy Hollow!

Caitlin

**EDIT**

I would also like the music from Mickey's Christmas Carol, especially the song during during the titles.

BJWanlund

Hey, BJWanlund! Splashdance is already on iTunes! Go get that song! ;)
Thanks Rich.  Searched for Mickey Mouse Splashdance to no avail.  Stupid me for not searching for "Splashdance".

Here's the Splashdance album link on iTunes for those of you who haven't found/gotten it yet (including myself):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...05&s=143441

BJ

BJWanlund

Thanks, y'all! Read and noted! Pretty much matches my wishlist.

As for new (previously unreleased) soundtracks. That's what I'm shooting for. The first test (20k) is doing great. It may very well lead to more. Be warned however, if it happens at all, it won't happen in rapid fire. Think the unimaginable blinding speed of a glacier... or maybe Pangia.

Randy
Thanks Randy!  I do want Flashbeagle sooner rather than later, to combat the versions found online.

BJ

Prof. Emelius

I agree with everyone's selections. Another couple exhisting soundtracks I would like to add is the 1971 picture disc that featured live music from Walt Disney World, and the Vanishing Praire score.

And, as a hopeful dream I would someday love to have Randy Thorntanized soundtracks of the following film scores, if the material is available

So Dear To My Heart
Song of the South
All of the 1940s Package films
Treasure Island
Robin Hood 1973 animated version
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh original soundtrack
Victory through Air Power
Babes in Toyland original soundtrack. (from the film, not the same as the original cast album)
Noah's Arc 1959 short subject
Darby O Gill

I would also love to have previosly unrealesed original soundtrack title songs from some of Disney's live action films from the 50s 60s and 70s, ie The Shaggy Dog, Freaky Friday, Absent Minder proffesor, The Computer wore Tennis Shoes, The Love Bug, Bon Voyage etc etc. As well as fun songs from obscure animated realeases such as It's Tough to be a Bird, Litterbug, Scrooge and Money, The Truth about Mother Goose, Jack and Old Mac, etc etc.

And I would also love to have more background themes used on the Walt Disney anthology program, especailly the Queen of the River theme used when Walt showed off his Frontierland River, and the Autopia theme.

Just my wishes. I hope someday some of these can come true. Thanks for everything Randy, you are the best, I am a big fan of your work.

BJWanlund

Add the 1940s package films to my wishlist.

BJ

Definitely, new original soundtracks of all the package films would be wonderful, especially the South American music from Saludos Amigos, Three Caballeros and Melody Time.

...not to mention Ichabod and Pecos Bill!

hauntdmansn

Be warned however, if it happens at all, it won't happen in rapid fire. Think the unimaginable blinding speed of a glacier... or maybe Pangia.

Hate to be gloomy, but we may be wasting our time. With the Hanna Montana thing going on, I don't have much faith that we will see more vintage anything. Executives probebly don't care about the past, If they are aware at all. If they are pandering to Billy Ray Cyrus and his spawn, what kind of Disney exec. are they?
How much progress will we see in five years? We must keep this alive!

BJWanlund

Pangaea, hauntdmansn.

Got to correct you on that.

I have to be the eternal optimist, and say that the impossible DID happen: We're getting The Classic Caballeros Collection at the end of April, and I thought getting Saludos and Caballeros on DVD again would be nigh on impossible. So, it's entirely possible.

BJ

hauntdmansn,

More vintage titles have been released in the last three years than in all my years of trying, and it shows no sign of slowing down. The PART of my quote you used was in reference to previously UNRELEASED soundtracks like "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". It took me 10 years to get that soundtrack out, but it's out now. Releasing previously unreleased soundtracks it a very difficult task and it has nothing to do with executives. It comes down clearances and rights - that's the issue. Taking my quote out of context changes the meaning, and the way you presented it is not what I meant.

Please don't take this as a hostile reply. That is not my intent. It's just that in my experience, if you look for the negative, you most certainly will find it. I just spent the last 6 months digitally transferring a good 85% or our masters to prepare for the future. It really is brighter than you think it is right now.

All my best,
Randy Thornton

EDIT>>>
Actually, the 'Pangia' misspelling was in my quote. I have since corrected it. Thanks for the catch!

BJWanlund

I just spent the last 6 months digitally transferring a good 85% or our masters to prepare for the future. It really is brighter than you think it is right now.

All my best,
Randy Thornton

EDIT>>>
Actually, the 'Pangia' misspelling was in my quote. I have since corrected it. Thanks for the catch!
You're welcome for my catching that, Randy.  I'm rather anal when it comes to that sort of thing, there's nothing I can do.

85% of the WDR masters are now digital, eh?  I'm impressed, my friend.  Hope that means more WDR releases will come more frequently.  Even that other 15% of the WDR masters being transferred to digital would be amazing.

Randy, I admit it: You aren't just the Sgt. Pepper of sound recording, you are THE producer to beat.  You are one of the VERY FEW good guys in the music industry, and I hope that being a part of WDR for many more years WON'T change that.  I hope to see more releases from you soon, my friend, and I'll continue to look for positive signs.  Oh, and spelling errors, too.

BJ