It's Out - Magic Kingdom Events CD

Gurgitoy2

The thing is, they seem to have developed Dream Along with Mickey with the Pirates/Princess thing in mind. At least that's the way it appears to me. Unlike Mickey's Gift of Dreams, which this show heavily borrows from (where they had dreams of romance, adventure, & laughter/fun); Dream Along really only focuses on Pirate & Princess dreams. Is it just coincidence that Minnie "dreams" of being a princess, and Donald & Goofy "dream" of being pirates? I think the show ties strongly into the party theme, even though it's performed for regular day guests too. It does make sense to include it on this CD, and as part of the parties.

almandot

it's still the "special pirate and princess stage show" even though it's the same thing they play during the day. Just like you can see a lot of the christmas entertainment without even going to the christmas party.

in the case of dream along with mickey, it ended up being a merging point between jay rasulo's pirate and princess marketing plan and then the sudden jump into 'where dreams come true' instead. And when they were advertising the pirate and princess parties for the first time, they just kept a generic message out there under the entertainment listings: "and a special pirate and princess themed stage show." Which ended up being dream along and the moment you saw dream along when it debuted during the day time you knew that would happen. :p

But yeah, dream along really is just nabbing the setup from mickey's gift of dreams and then grabbing the pirate and princess sections from one man's dream 2 to fit his marketing scheme.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
it's still the "special pirate and princess stage show" even though it's the same thing they play during the day.

Got it. I still would have kept these things separate, though.

Yes, I get the "event/parties" idea, but Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Disney's Pirate and Princess Party really have nothing in common ... other than the fact that nearly every guest at the Halloween parties dressed as a pirate or a princess! LOL

And, while it would have had the shortest playing time of the group, I still would have released Dream Along With Mickey separately, as there are tens of thousands of guests who see this show every day of the year, and who will never have had an opportunity to attend a Pirate and Princess Party, or know that they are related in any way.

Sure, a retail CM can point out the horribly named Magic Kingdom Event Party Music CD to a guest who inquires about the Dream Along With Mickey show, but wouldn't it have been better, from a marketing and impulse purchase point of view, to have a CD sitting on the shelf that says Dream Along With Mickey right across the front of it?

And since the Dream Along With Mickey show is still being performed today, the CD could still be sitting on store shelves right now, instead of us sitting around here wondering why all of the Event Party Music CDs have suddenly disappeared.

almandot

well we all agree and before the cd came out said the same thing that there should be a halloween cd, pirate/princeess cd, christmas cd, and a year of a million dreams cd for the disney dreams come true parade :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
I was told that the first pressing of the CD actually sold out but the stores are expecting another shipment in a few weeks. The plan is to sell the CD year round. Also, there isn't expected to be a new Christmas CD until the parties take place in 2008.

All of the information came from the manager of the Emporium line of stores. I can't say how accurate it is, but he has provided information in the past that has panned out.

Gurgitoy2

"well we all agree and before the cd came out said the same thing that there should be a halloween cd, pirate/princeess cd, christmas cd, and a year of a million dreams cd for the disney dreams come true parade."

Yes, that would have been the ideal scenario. Much like the way TDR releases event CD's. It also would have given Disney a chance to put the full versions of things on each CD. Also, the Dreams Come True Parade would have been a GREAT addition to the Dream Along With Mickey CD.

I do think whoever is designing these covers needs to be shot (joking of course). This has happened with past CD's as well. Holiday Wishes was a terrible cover and looked like one of the holiday compilation CD's you find at Target. The event CD's really should take a cue from TDR and release event logos, and actual photos of what they are about. I agree with PigsOnTheWing about CM's having to point guests to the Event Party Music CD because they would have no idea what was on it based on the cover. Oh well, why am I grousing about stuff that's already been done? I don't want to be too grumpy about it, because in the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal...just a minor annoyance.

Oh, and although I really wanted a new Christmas CD this year, it's nice to hear that there are plans to have one next year...at least according to that manager. So, we can expect at least 2 new CD's next year with the OA being pushed back.

BLM07

Note to self: never read the last post first.

WishesFan

Bill, that is by far the most disturbing post I've ever read here. How awful... no words.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The Magic Kingdom Event Party Music CD was back on store shelves as of last Thursday or Friday (November 8 or 9). I can't remember which of those days I actually looked. I saw it at Emporium on Main Street, and at Fantasy Faire next to Mickey's PhilharMagic. I didn't look anywhere else.

WDWGuy08

does anyone else notice an error in the audio at 0:15 - 0:17 in track 2 on the cd? RANDY?????

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
does anyone else notice an error in the audio at 0:15 - 0:17 in track 2 on the cd?

I notice something ... but I don't know that it is an error. Are you sure it isn't supposed to be some hip sound effect? The host "tuning" into the "Kooky-Spooky" Scary-Okee? It is way too conspicuous to be a glitch. You'd have to be deaf to miss that one during/after mastering and production.