It's Out - Magic Kingdom Events CD

almandot

I wonder if someone actually listened to people telling them they were being dumb by limiting it to only parties or if they figured it out on their own or if it was really the plan all along heh. =P

Especially when stuff doesn't get released because they don't think it'll sell enough.

Why, pray tell, is this CD so friggin' expensive? Especially when it seems like they cut corners with the mixes and album art? What is my incentive to drop $34 on this CD?

almandot

Album art has no excuse.. But there are only 2 parade mixes. The rest are shows and fireworks that are already prepackaged, edited, etc, and they didn't have a lot of room to mess up with. Those are worth the cd price(which when purchased at the park is not $34 it's low 20s) and even still some of the parade audio is good to have(the boo to you stuff. they ruin the enchanted adventures parade too much for me heh).

Joevn

I wonder if someone actually listened to people telling them they were being dumb by limiting it to only parties or if they figured it out on their own or if it was really the plan all along heh. =P

Especially when stuff doesn't get released because they don't think it'll sell enough.

I was wondering that myself. Given that the managers and the resort at home service were originally telling people no, I bet that was the original intention until enough of us complained (or maybe they read these boards?? (o:)

Why, pray tell, is this CD so friggin' expensive? Especially when it seems like they cut corners with the mixes and album art? What is my incentive to drop $34 on this CD?

The CD is actually $24.98 at the parks (plus Fl state tax) and given how Disney theme park prices go, I guess they feel justified in the price because the CD is almost full (approx 1h 13minutes). CDs like SpectroMagic, Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Cinderellabration, and Finding Nemo - The Musical which are around 15-35 minutes long are in the $13-$17 range. (Then again, the 2CD Official album is $24.98 so I'm not sure what their thinking is there.)

If you think about it, though, it's a good deal considering what you get: You're getting soundtracks to two fireworks shows and a stage show as well as parade audio (and two bonus tracks) so it's a good price considering the cost if they had released them all separately.

The $34 dollars is due to WDW Mail Order's minimum shipping and handling charge ($9.95).

I agree, the price is high considering what regular CDs cost. But given how much past CDs cost, it's about right. And, after all, how often are things at Disney parks reasonably priced?

Being that I live in Utah and have no plans to visit WDW any time soon, it would be $34 for me. And low 20's? I'm sorry, but no CD should cost as much as Disney sells them for. I'm a completist, so I'm sure I'll end up buying it some day. But honestly, who has the money to throw down on these ridiculously priced CD's?

Horizons

Playlist Author
In my opinion, that has to be the best quote ever!

Having said that, my beef with the CD is not the mixes per se, as I don't give it a "technical" listen as some on these boards. What I didn't like is the fact that the parade mixes were not complete. For example, several segments from the Halloween parade were missing. It's not like they didn't have the music to work with...

kirky99

To me, it seems that Disney always comes up just a little short.

A while back when they actually used to sell plates and such, I remember me and my wife debating on what set we should get. One set had everything, except coffee cups and the other had everything except dessert plates. We couldn't understand why different peices would be missing from different sets, and I still don't have an answer.

I'm always puzzled as to who makes some of these decisions and why... What they include or exclude on CD releases seems to be the same way.

cschurr

Random question guys, but is that CD or something else with the princesses on it, in the picture? It is gold colored with Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty?

Or is it just an autograph book.

Love the CD BTW! ;D

dtm111

Has any info surfaced about a possible Christmas Event CD? I really hope so. I found it so stupid they left out a WHOLE event from the Magic Kingdom Event "S" CD lol. Is not the Very Merry Christmas Party an Event? I guess not LOL. I heard it was a lack of space on the CD which is understandable but still.

keithj

The Event CD is music from the Halloween and Pirate & Princess party. The CD cost 24.98 and the sku number is 50087 11136. The CD includes the following:

Hallowishes
The Boo to You Halloween Parade [NOT THE FULL PARADE]
Enchanted Adventures Parade
Magic, Music & Mayhem
Halloween Villians Mix and Mingle
Pirate & Princess "Main Street Yo Ho"
Dream Along with Mickey

I was told that the CD was only available at the MK, only sold on party nights, and was not going to be offered through mail order. I say if you are interested in purchasing the CD, you still try and call mail order. The information given to me could be incorrect.

Last night, October 31, 2007, my friend went to the MK for Mickey's not-so-scary party. He says it wasn't available anywhere, and nobody he talked to seemed to know anything about it.

Does anyone have any information on whether it might be sold out? -Keith J.

ISTCrew20

^Very odd. I have a hard time believing it's sold out. The cd was very hard to find and obtain when it first came out, but a week after, it was literally in every shop in the Magic Kingdom.

Maybe it got pulled already?

Gurgitoy2

Maybe that's a sign that there will be a Christmas event CD. Since the holiday parties are starting up soon, they would probably want to sell the CD of that music, and not confuse people. I don't really know, but I hope that's the case because I want the music for the Castle Dream Lights thing, and the new parade music.

almandot

i doubt they sold enough copies already of this current events cd to make enough money, and even if they did there is more to be made by letting it stay on the shelf. and if either of those aren't true and they've made all the money they care to off this release by what they've sold so far, there's no reason in the world there should be as little as there is on cd :p

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Last night, October 31, 2007, my friend went to the MK for Mickey's not-so-scary party. He says it wasn't available anywhere, and nobody he talked to seemed to know anything about it. Does anyone have any information on whether it might be sold out?

I can confirm that, as of Sunday, November 4, at regular park closing, there was not a single copy of the Magic Kingdom Event Party Music CD to be found anywhere in the Magic Kingdom. I checked every single store, every single register, every single kiosk, and every single cart, including the stroller rental shop on the way out the front entrance. Zero. Zip. Nadda.

Gurgitoy2

Well, maybe they're sticking to only stocking it when those events are happening? I know they relaxed on selling it during regular park hours, but maybe they pulled them now that the parties are over, and they'll sell them again when they start up in January? I do hope it means we get a Christmas one though.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
maybe they pulled them now that the parties are over

That's kind of goofy, though, isn't it? Wouldn't they want to sell all that they can and as soon as they can? What do they stand to gain by pulling them?

While I saw at least one person complaining that Disney doesn't put enough music on their CDs, I would rather that they had put less music on this particular CD. I would have been happier with three separate CDs that sold for $12.98 each.

They needed one for Halloween, which they should have simply titled Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and they should have put a press photo of Mickey and gang wearing Halloween costumes on the cover. Maybe a shot in front of the Haunted Mansion or maybe one from the parade route.

wdwnss3.jpg

wdwnss1.jpg

The second CD should have been titled Disney's Pirate and Princess Party and it should have had a photo from the parade on the cover. Or, heck, even the press photo of the kids in their costumes.

wdw-pirateprincessparty7.jpg

PiratePrincessParty_300x180.jpg

The third CD should have been titled Dream Along With Mickey and it should have had a photo of Mickey and gang up on the castle forecourt stage. The Dream Along With Mickey CD would be the weakest, as far as the amount of content goes, but, remember, they released a stand-alone Cinderellabration CD.

DreamAlongWithMickey.jpg

DawMlogo.jpg

I only know that Magic Kingdom Event Party Music is an awful name, the cover artwork is terrible, nothing that would make the CD an impulse purchase, and the music mix is certainly an odd one. Sure, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Disney's Pirate and Princess Party are both special events/parties ... but how does Dream Along With Mickey fit into this group? And let's not even get into the spelling and factual errors in the track listings!

I do hope it means we get a Christmas one though.

That would be nice!

almandot

Dream along with mickey is the "special pirate and princess" stage show for the pirate and princess parties that's how it fits in.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Dream along with mickey is the "special pirate and princess" stage show for the pirate and princess parties that's how it fits in.

Er, ah, isn't Dream Along With Mickey the show that takes place every single day, multiple times per day, on the Cinderella Castle stage, and simply considered part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion?

Or are you saying that the version on the CD is a modified one, specific to Disney's Pirate and Princess Party, and, if so, shouldn't it have been given a different name? I don't think that is the case, though, as Dream Along With Mickey appears under its own heading on the CD, and not under the Disney's Pirate and Princess Party heading. Nor is there anything unusual looking about any of the track names.

I must confess that I've never stood around long enough to listen to the entire show as performed daily on stage. Maybe I'll try that later today... Nah...

EDIT:

Okay, I just found an old entertainment schedule for Disney's Pirate and Princess Party, and I can see that they did perform Dream Along With Mickey at 8:00, 9:15, and 11:30 PM, but unless it was a specially modified version of the show, I would consider it no more belonging to the Pirate and Princess Parties than does a ride on Dumbo or Space Mountain. Dream Along With Mickey is part of Year of a Million Dreams, and the show made its debut on October 1, 2006. The first Pirate and Princess Party didn't take place until January 22, 2007.

The information that I've seen for the upcoming Pirate and Princess Parties, beginning January 21, 2008, says that "guests will enjoy a Pirate/Princess castle stage show," so perhaps they've developed a new show to replace Dream Along With Mickey during the parties. If so, we'll all need yet another CD!