Is the Monorail at WDW going to be expanded?

I don't see it happening. I did hear a rumor, that it would be expanded, except you would have to PAY A FEE everytime you would ride it.

SharonKurland

Expansion of the Monorail to MGM and DAK has been a rumor that goes as far back as 1989, when MGM opened . To try to add DTD to the pot? Never.

Right now, Disney is all about cutting costs, saving money and making money. To expand the monorail would cost millions and millions and millions of dollars. Why do that when buses work just as well if not better? They can spend the millions on building more souvenier shops .

-Sharon-

Gurgitoy2

Maybe he was hoping WDW would install a music loop inside the trains like they have on the Tokyo Disney Resort Line?

SharonKurland

Speaking about spiels...my husband and I went to NJ for a wedding over the weekend (went up Sat, back down Sun). Although Jack Wagner's voice is still used on the "Welcome to Orlando" spiel between the main building and the terminals, the "We hope you enjoyed your trip to the Orlando area area" spiel, in the other direction, is no longer him.

-Sharon-

SFMike

Wait a minute dannyeyheralde, this could relate to music as there could be a NEW monorail song for the possible but not probable, until post Eisner, monorail extension at WDW.

But it would more than likely stink as it would be some lame Hip-Hop Radio Disney clone. It plays while the Olsen twins explain on the monitor to have your $15 per person ready when the train arrives. :'(