Imagineering the Magic.

X-S Tech

Kinda wierd how last minute this showed up. Usually the website has events posted several weeks in advance, even when things are still in flux.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Is D7 his [the pirate's] production company or something?

D7 is a production/post-production company based in Orlando, FL.

D7, Inc.
9460 Delegates Dr., Suite 101
Orlando, FL 32837
407-240-0677
info@d7-inc.com

D7's announcement concerning the release of Disneyland, Imagineering the Magic can be seen here.

Almandot's comment probably should have been colored green to avoid confusion. :p

leesa

Was anyone able to get this DVD? If so, can you please tell us what it's like so those of us who have to order it can get some idea of what to expect?

Thanks!

Leesa

stevek

Was anyone able to get this DVD? If so, can you please tell us what it's like so those of us who have to order it can get some idea of what to expect?

Thanks!

Leesa

I won't have mine for about 10 days or so. I've read one fairly poor review of it on another board basically saying that the new Disneyland/Disney Treasures release is far better. Still looking forward to it though.

leesa

We must have read the same review. I was disappointed but I guess I will hold out judgment on it for myself as I ordered one, too.

Leesa

X-S Tech

The set is almost sure to disappoint because there's almost no way to do a retrospective like this that would appeal to everyone. They are usually created with the new Disney fanatic in mind- they put in all the mindless trivia that the fans eat up, but if you've been a fan for very long, it's all stuff we've heard a million times before. And you can't make a DVD full of totally new information without first laying out the basics, and there's just not enough room to fit both within the same documentary. If they would do whole sets on single lands or attractions, they would be much more satisfying.

I am planning on watching this tonight, but on opening up the disc I noticed a strange thing. Disney is meticulous about Nomenclature- for legal reasons there is a proper way to spell and refer to absolutely everything within the Company, usually one way. Ie: The area with the little boat ride in Disneyland is Storybook Land, not Storybookland. Whole guides are printed up and referred to to keep things consistent among the various media that Dinsey puts out. So I'm looking at the menu inside the DVD and the chapters are labeled like this (some omitted): Main St, U.S.A Area, Adventureland Area, Critter Country, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Tomorrowland Area, Mickey's Toontown, Fantasyland Area. Very strange that Area is only randomly applied. It's sounds very redundant, land and area being used together. At first I thought it was only the Opening day lands that had Area applied, but Frontierland doesn't. It either means theres a specific reason for all this or someone just made a mistake. Very strange.

I will say that this sort of wierd naming error reeks of Dave O'Neal though ;)