Illuminations - An Evening at EPCOT

Horizons

Playlist Author
I spent 13 hours in EPCOT today, something I haven't done in a long time. Some highlights:

I recorded the entire Illuminations soundtrack, all 65:23. The pre-show spiels are (except for one) done by a male announcer now. Included is 18:36 of the Tapestry of Nations music used in the post-show loop (playing immediately after Promise). I hope to have a detailed blog entry soon (including a determination as to whether the Tapestry of Nations music is different than what was officially released).

Why Disney doesn't release a soundtrack to the American Adventure is beyond me. I still had no luck making a recording, but I did speak to someone about it, so hopefully the issue gets resolved before a future attempt. I really want the load/unload music, a different version of Hail Columbia from what is used in the exterior loop.

While at the Biergarten, I struck up a conversation with someone in Entertainment, asking about the interior music. She told me that after the system was switched from CD to hard drive, all of the old CDs were thrown in a desk drawer! :unsure: I need to make more friends in Germany.

I got another recording of the SSE narration (why, I have no clue). Has anyone figured out how many endings are possible? The music in the attraction is still way too low. I sure miss the Jeremy Irons version.

With the assistance of Wedroy1923, we figured out there is a different interior loop used in France. How it differs, I'm not sure yet as I only made an eight minute recording. The music heard in the lobby to Impressions de France is the exterior music loop.

The exterior loop to the American Adventure also plays in the Heritage Manor Gifts shop.

I was able to confirm the Coral Reef interior music loop runs 42:25. It's a great loop that has a contemporary/jazz style while also including various themes from the original Living Seas music. I wonder if Russell Brower had anything to do with this loop?

I really want the Living with the Land queue loop. Whose up to the task?

Club 33

Playlist Author
I had been wanting to make such a recording of Illuminations- glad to hear it's been done for me. I look forward to your listing and to recreating the whole Evening at Epcot experience here at home. :unsure:

Interesting that Coral Reef has it's own music loop...I always thought it just played the regular Living Seas music loop. Is an induction recording possible do you suppose?

As for Living with the Land, it's top of my list. It'll probably take all of the courage and ingenuity I've got but if no one else will do it I will.

Ah, I will be at WDW exactly 5 months from today. B)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Is an induction recording possible do you suppose?
Technically, an induction recording can be made of most anything. However, I am not as daring as you C33, as you may recall from our last meeting in EPCOT. :unsure:

In the Coral Reef, you have two options. The bathroom speakers or speakers that are in the main waiting area, right in front of several castmembers and guests.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I recorded the entire Illuminations soundtrack, all 65:23. The pre-show spiels are (except for one) done by a male announcer now. Included is 18:36 of the Tapestry of Nations music used in the post-show loop (playing immediately after Promise).
You're going to have to make a new recording. They've changed the post-show narration and added Celebrate Today (not the Corbin Bleu version) after Promise. I understand this song has been added to the Wishes post-show loop over at the MK as well.

Horizons

Playlist Author
You're going to have to make a new recording. They've changed the post-show narration and added Celebrate Today (not the Corbin Bleu version) after Promise. I understand this song has been added to the Wishes post-show loop over at the MK as well.
I will be making another recording tomorrow night. Since the changes seem to impact only the audio after Illuminations ends, and before Tapestry starts playing, I may just record the new segment, rather than the entire show.

As far as the MK goes, I don't know if the post-show loop has changed, but I guess I'll add it to the list of things to do.

Too bad I don't like any of the Celebrate Today songs. :p

BLM07

Any idea of which version of the song it is? I've found a few different versions already, and in general, I like it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Any idea of which version of the song it is? I've found a few different versions already, and in general, I like it.
I heard it was an unreleased version, but since I am not tracking this song down, I cannot be certain.

Here is a clip on YouTube:

Even though I don't like it, I need it for the collection! :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm sitting at Epcot listening to the preshow loop for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, waiting to record the new ending spiel and Celebrate song. I decided not to record the preshow spiels again, and, of course, one of the spiels has changed. The one spiel made by Mary Hunt has been switched to the male announcer. :(

almandot

They did, but at least there was advance notice of the barge rehab. I read about changes to the ending spiel, but no one mentioned a change to the pre-show announcements.

I didn't get that notice :/ Nor the one about Ellen's Energy Adventure.. well I think I did get that one actually but forgot about it. Drats and double drats. And july 4th shmuly 4th, I wanna see Obama in the Hall =D

Horizons

Playlist Author
This is weird. I'm waiting for the pre-show music to start for Illuminations and it's close to 15 minutes late. However the 15 minute announcement just played over the normal area music loop.

As I am typing this, the pre-show music just starting playing with no beginning announcement. And the France BGM is still playing underneath!

UPDATE: Only half the pre-show music and announcements, what's up with that? At least I got the one announcement that I needed. ALMANDOT: The fire was going this evening. Looks like you just missed out.