If You Had Wings

hosewater

Found a track on my PC which is obviously from If You Had Wings. It is 6 and a half minutes in length. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the origin of the recording. Was it a promo record released by Disney or what?

Thanks in advance

EJ

Parker

:) I'm not sure where it came from but I would love to have a copy of it. Let me know what you think.

Parker

David26m

Found a track on my PC which is obviously from If You Had Wings. It is 6 and a half minutes in length. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the origin of the recording. Was it a promo record released by Disney or what?
There are several different versions floating around, if you can send me the file, send me a message for my email. I'd be happy to tell you what track exactly it is! I was working for the company when they removed IYHW and opened Dreamflight.

X-S Tech

I'll assume the track you have is the same one I'm thinking of that's been around for several years and runs 6:26. I was told it was the demo for the attraction. The narrator/main vocalist is Pete Renoudet.

Of course part of me is hoping you have something more than that!

Hi. I know that piece too. I don't know much about it either, but I remember hearing it on the ride. What I feel we have here is a "bed" which looped round 'n' round, while other specific loops (like the Dixieland thing from WDWForever) were layered over it.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hi. I know that piece too. I don't know much about it either, but I remember hearing it on the ride. What I feel we have here is a "bed" which looped round 'n' round, while other specific loops (like the Dixieland thing from WDWForever) were layered over it.
I don't think that is correct. I need to listen to a live recording again, but I believe there are male and female choruses, some single male and female vocals, appearing in different scenes.

X-S Tech

Jay I downloaded it and tried to play it on Windows and it's still silent. Can you tell us what it is? If it's just the projector sound I'll stop wasting my time.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I still have a film projector (and a reel to reel tape recorder and two record players) :)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I still have a film projector (and a reel to reel tape recorder and two record players) :)
BTW: Mike Lee has updated his If You Had Wings page at his Widen Your World website. It's a great read and now has enhanced video of the entire attraction!

What I hear, on the above video link, is a looped bed, with the the other loops layered over it. I can hear Renoudet, as well as the female vocals. I'm not saying the entire 6:26 track was looped, just the main theme. I am also hearing the string intro on the "demo" in this video too.