Home on the Range Soundtrack Release Date...

matt d.

The release date appears to be March 30th according to Walmart and Amazon.com.

Thought you'd like to know. :)

- matt d.

Dalboz

There better be a heck of a lot of score tracks on this and not a million re-recordings of those 6 songs ....

markjochems

01. (You Ain't) Home On The Range - Chorus
02. Little Patch Of Heaven - K.D. Lang
03. Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo - Rand Quaid And Chorus
04. Will The Sun Ever Shine Again - Bonnie Raitt
05. (You Ain't) Home On The Range (Echo Mine Reprise) - Chrous
06. Wherever The Trail May Lead - Tim McGraw
07. Anytime You Need A Friend - The Beu Sisters
08. Cows In The Town / Saloon Song (Score)
09. On The Farm (Score)
10. Bad News (Score)
11. Storm And The Aftermath (Score)
12. Cows To The Rescue (Score)
13. Buck (Score)
14. My Farm Is Saved / Little Patch Of Heaven - Finale (Score)
15. Anytime You Need A Friend - Alan Menken

Jessica L

I do not like country music at all - so I might have to pass on this one. But I guess it's good that like half of the cd is score - and is the last track actually performed by Mr. Menken?

Jessica

xfkirsten

Anyone else find it ironic that the last traditionally animated feature from Disney has a song called "Will the Sun Ever Shine Again" in it?

Ironic... or planned...? ;)

I'm glad to see this one has a lot of score tracks on it! Any sites list track times? I'm just curious if these are sizable chunks of score, or just a bunch of little tracks.

-Kirsten

X-S Tech

Re:Home on the Range Soundtrack Available at Disneyland NOW!!

Got the CD tonight. I've only listened to parts of it so far but the songs are great!! Despite them mostly being sung by offscreen persona (something I've never been a fan of), they are super energetic, and very witty. Once again Alan Menken proves he knows what he's doing. The lyrics are also very good. Despite the rather unsophisticated subject matter, they are frequently clever without being overly verbose. Does that make sense? Very well done. The soundtrack has got me dreaming of great "Home on the Range" dark rides in Frontierland. The Score itself is great, very "campy western". Makes me wanna jump on a horse and gallop off into the sunset. If only I knew how to ride.....

radioandy

FYI: The yodeling in the movie is performed by Kerry Christensen (http://www.masteryodeler.com/), who used to perform at Epcot's Germany pavilion.

Dalboz

Anyone else find it ironic that the last traditionally animated feature from Disney has a song called "Will the Sun Ever Shine Again" in it?
Very true. It's also kinda interesting that Menken, one of the people responsible for Disney Animation's revival in the early 90s, was brought back to send it off.

Rich T.

The soundtrack has got me dreaming of great "Home on the Range" dark rides

A "Home on the Range" dark ride would rule! Stampedes, rattlesnakes, floods, a psychedelic yodeling sequence, mine shaft chase...it would be a blast!

Too bad all Disneyland's getting is a Home on the Range themed....petting zoo. (Insert sound of mocking wah-wah trumpet). :(

X-S Tech

Well usually that sort of thing isn't determined till the film has been declared a success. It's almost unheard of (except for Tarzan's Treehouse) for an attraction to open before a films success is determined.

Go See Home on the Range!!! Show Disney that people still like traditional Animation!!!