Hey Mike...you might enjoy this...

My wife and I spent our last evening at WDW viewing Fantasmic. You know the part where the steam boat comes around the bend, and all of the characters that we know and loving come skipping out from inside the boat? Much to my surpise...the two characters who made their way to a promenant place in the front of the ship were....LILO AND STITCH!!! Needless to say...my jaw dropped. What is this world coming to?

Sharon...I understand what you mean about getting "MGM'd out". I only get there once a year, and even then, I feel like if I experience the Great Movie Ride or the Indiana Jones stunt show just one more time it will be more than I can take. In case you are wondering...It looked like the Osborne Family Lights were exactly the same as last year. Cast Members kept asking me if we had brought the cold weather with us from Wisconsin? My standard response was...what cold weather? We went from 72 degrees at noon yesterday to 10 degrees when we arrived home at 7PM.

So anyway...the high point of my trip was Leota's tombstone at the HM. That must have been added since last January, as I don't recall seeing it before. I hadn't heard of this addition, so it really took me by surprise.

A question...where have all of thse "overwhelming" Brazilian tour groups gone? I have been there in season a few years in a row, and haven't had the experience of sharing my favorite attractions with one of the tours in recent memory.

SharonKurland

Bean-

When we went to DL last summer (July? August?), I am 99% sure we saw Stitch on the steamboat. not as sure about Lilo.

As for the Osbourne Lights...heck, it's lights. How different can it be? I sincerely doubt that anyone is anal retentive enough to notice if the Golder Girls' house was white last year or blue or pink or whatever. Or if the menorah was in their house or the house across the street. So even if there WERE those minor changes, the whole "lights" thing makes so much visual overload that no one would really notice anyway, I don't think.

It was a high of 62 here today. We just got back from NY, where we got to experience 23 degrees for the first time in 2 years. Let me tell you...62, which usually feels chilly nowadays, felt GREAT!

-Sharon-

The scary thing was ...

that the Lilo character looked like Dennis the Menace in Drag, with a brunette wig.

My wife turned to me and said..."they aren't even real Disney characters", which probably offended no one, as we were the only two folks speaking english in our area.

raz012

The latest disney characters are always in the boat ... it's never bothered me. and sorry to hear you got a weird-looking lilo over there ... at DL/DCA, she looks just like she did in the movie, in the red dress.

raz012

i guess if you thought she looked like dennis the menace in drag in the movie, then she did as a rubber head. looks the same, and i thought she looked fine. loved the movie, too.

Re:The scary thing was ...

My wife and I spent our last evening at WDW viewing Fantasmic. You know the part where the steam boat comes around the bend, and all of the characters that we know and loving come skipping out from inside the boat? Much to my surpise...the two characters who made their way to a promenant place in the front of the ship were....LILO AND STITCH!!! Needless to say...my jaw dropped. What is this world coming to?

......that the Lilo character looked like Dennis the Menace in Drag, with a brunette wig.

My wife turned to me and said..."they aren't even real Disney characters", which probably offended no one, as we were the only two folks speaking english in our area.

Wow! :eek: Why weren't Milo or Aladar on the paddleboat? ;) Funny stuff, Bean. If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were telling the truth! ::)

Jeff overheard after reading this long lost thread..

"Cancel the Florida trip honey we're going to Hawaii"

At least we can see for ourselves what our 50th state folks shouldlook like.

Glad you got warm Bean..

Mike and Sharon- You should plan a west coaster soon- Sunny and 70/80 all of January

SharonKurland

Jeff-

Where you been? I moved to Tampa in late 2000 and to Orlando 2 months ago. 70 here today, 75 predicted later this week. AND no threat of earthquakes .

-Sharon in the OTHER Orange County-

Yeah I remember..
Its just a great time to visit. and Bean has already spent his DVC points on WDW again.

Alladin is a really good show too. Still trying to figure out what it has to do with California.
But your right, Mike needs it worse than you do.

Jeff in Walt's Original Orange County ;)

PS
My heart goes out to all in Florida, with the Columbia disaster.

SharonKurland

Uh...yeahright Mike. I have friends from Buffalo sleeping over tonight. As per their request, we're BBQing on our grill because theit BBQ has been covered in snow since October .

-Sharon-

Mike and Sharon,
I lived and worked near Newburgh /Middletown area doing volunteer work for 5 years..... the storm of the century came through last century. -40 F ambient temp one morning. 8) It took all morning to start our tractors, the oil was sludge.

We traveled to FL one February with this one idea, we have to move- California vs Florida. ??? Cali' won due to the wage scale in Florida.

I completely agree with the Buffaloians - Grill out in January all you can!

Stay tough Mike only 2 more months!!

My last time back to WDW was May 97...when is Mission Space finished? ;D

Jeff
PS Its still not as cold as Wisconsin Bean

Stay tough Mike only 2 more months!!

Brrrr. J-J-J-J-eff! I'm n-n-n-not sure I c-c-c-c-c-can m-m-m-m-m-make it! ;D

My last time back to WDW was May 97...when is Mission Space finished? ;D

Didn't I just ask Sharon this very question in another thread about the closing down of the Hoop-De-Doo Review? If so, I can't find that thread anywhere! :mad:

SharonKurland

The Hoop's not closed and not slated to close that I'VE heard, Mike. Diamond Horseshoe Review had its last show this past Saturday though. They're scheduled to put a Buzz and Jessie show there instead. Woo freakin' hoo.

-Sharon-

Erm...my bad, Sharon. That's what I meant, but my feeble brain has ALWAYS confused those two. Thanks.

...but what about Mission Space? ???

SharonKurland

Retaining wall was down for a while. Now there's a wall about 4.5' high. It's supposedly on schedule. Nothing has torn a hole through it yet, so...

-Sharon-

Hoop Dee Doo won't be going down until it ceases to bring in big money.

By the way...we did Victoria and Alberts CHEFS TABLE last month. If you have money to burn, it is quite an experience. Basically a 3 hour meal.

Maybe with the state of Disney Music currently DOA, we could add a Disney Restaurant Discussion angle...

SharonKurland

Since this topic started with a nod to Mike Frezon.

HEY MIKE! Guess what I did yesterday? Planted tomato plants and flower pots.

SO...how much snow ya got?

GD