Happiest Millionaire

I remember back before the old forum crashed, Randy hinted that there might be a re-issuing of the soundtrack for Happiest Millionaire.

Has there been any further hints toward this?

Hint, hint! ;)

Randy?

I'm still thanking Randy for getting behind the creation of a separate SpectroMagic CD. ;D

SharonKurland

Mike, Mike, Mike, where ya BEEN? Stop looking at the pretty changing leaves on those trees and get back to the real world. It's already been released, buddy.
Back on August 13th!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ce&n=507846

-Sharon-

9 days till we close on the house. I clocked it...precisely 9 miles to WDW property. That's a 10 minute drive and I think I found a shortcut that may shave another minute off .

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Yikes! How did I miss this! I admit I've been away from here for awhile....but I am ALWAYS checking out the Disney/Soundtrack sections of my local music stores! Did it receive widespread release?

Sharon, what other Soundtracks have I missed?

BTW, Randy (who I'm sure was behind this Sherman Brothers classic), THANKS!!! ;D ;D ;D

I know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow! ;)

SharonKurland

Mike is a spazz! Mike is a spazz! Mike is a spazz!

OK...didja get Pete's Dragon? And Bednobs & Broomsticks? Lilo & Stitch? What about the reissue of Newsies? Didja get Song of the South?

-Sharon-

BTW, I was only kidding about Song of the South

Mike, The Happiest Millionaire has already been released on DVD, but not by Disney, but by Anchor Bay, as have The Legend of Lobo, The Great Locomotive Chase, and, I believe, Big Red. The Happiest Millionaire is available in widescreen(on amazon). Mike.

A spazz, indeed! ;D

BUt, can I find a copy of it nywhere in the immediate Capitol District region of New York State?!?!?! NO!!

I checked with 2 FYEs, one Coconuts, Borders, and Barnes & Nobles. Nada! Nuttin'!

I realize this is not probably as popular as the new Faith Hill CD that just came out this week, but has anyone else had problems finding it?

I have it on order at Borders, BTW. It'll take two weeks.

Michael: Thanks for the info, but I've had the Roadshow DVD for years. Anchor Bay did a fine job with it.

Sharon: Had Newsies..and I do not like Pete's Dragon, Bedknobs, or Lilo! And I don't mind saying so! Bring back Alan Menken!!!!!!!!! Or...the Sherman Brothers!!!!! ;)

MitchB

Has anyone seen the anchor bay release of
Happiest Millionaire? Is it in wide screen?
Is the print nice? More to the point, why
is Disney letting someone else release one
of their major films on DVD????????

SharonKurland

Mike F.-

I got my "Happiest Millionaire" at the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney, cuz I consider that to be my "local record store" . I'm glad you're finally going t be able to get it...even if you ARE a spazz .

-Sharon-

The "spazz" got it! Secured it at my local BestBuy (who had two copies)!!!!!

Now, lets just put this sordid detail behind us! ;)

BTW, thanks again, Randy! (And, Sharon!)

Jessica L

Mike, you like the Shermans but you don't like Bedknobs?

Just wondering :) :)

Jessica

will

maybe with MARY POPPINS coming to the stage, Disney might want to try THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE on stage, since it started out as a play -- breath new life into an (IMO) underappreciated movie.

Mike, you like the Shermans but you don't like Bedknobs?

Just wondering :) :)

Jessica

Jessica: Its more like...

I love the Shermans, but hate Bedknobs. Not a huge Chitty fan either. A friend of mine always says, "that's why they still make chocolate and vanilla, I guess." ;D

Dirk

Just saw the German version of Bedknobs again yesterday on the German Disney Channel (the title of the movie in Germany would be translated back into English as "The foolhardy Witch and her flying Bed") .. and once again I just couldn't resist singing along, even so the German dubbed songs make it quiet difficult as they never released the soundtrack in German on CD so I'm used to all the English lyrics...

Yours
Dirk

sam253

Is the German version of Bedknobs really only 90 minutes long? (according to www.disney.de it is)
Did they cut off the nazis from it or something?

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

yes the German version of Bedknobs is only 90 minutes long. Unfortunately I have seen the English version only twice or so and do not have a copy at home (something I really should change) so I do not know for sure which scenes have been shortened - but I can tell you the Nazis are still in there (I'm 100% sure about that) as without them they would have had to cut out the whole hilarious "Locomotion"(?) scene, and I know that one is still in - but they may have shortened some of the other scenes or shortened the scenes with the Nazis before the action in / around the castle starts? Don't know this as one would have to compare the two versions side by side.

But it was good assumption that this scene might have been cut, as some other older movies / tv-series got well let's call it the extra treatment. E.g. the original Star Trek series had an episode where the Enterprise comes face to face with a world governed by Nazis - here in Germany the whole series has been aired several times, with the exception of that one episode. As far as I remember it has only been released on video in the 90s and was aired later on once on tv (even so I'm not sure about the airing on tv).

But then there is actually no need to cut out those scenes - even a movie like "The Producers" has been quiet a hit here in Germany and there is even talk about bringing the musical to Germany...

Yours
Dirk