Grand Floridian [1988]

Playlist Grand Floridian [1988]

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Grand Floridian and Contemporary Music?

It occurred to me that while I've seen either recordings, listings, or discussions of music loops from the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge- not to mention many other WDW hotels of course- I don't recall ever seeing anything relating to music from these two resorts. I'm sure there are some other hotels that haven't been covered (The Swan, where I'll be staying on my trip, comes to mind) but these two sprang quickly to mind.

So...what information have we on these resorts. Do they have music loops at all, and if so do we have any information on it?

I will have a playlist for the Grand Floridian in the Downloads Playlists section "soon."

Merge coming...

Club 33

Playlist Author
Merge coming...

PREPARE TO MERGE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER MERGED BEFORE...

Man oh man Jay am I jonesing for the fabled Downloads/Playlists section...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
A little teaser for you...

The Grand Floridian Entrance/Lobby Area loop is comprised of 19 tracks with a total playing time of 1:00:44.5. :p

Club 33

Playlist Author
A little teaser for you...

The Grand Floridian Entrance/Lobby Area loop is comprised of 19 tracks with a total playing time of 1:00:44.5. :p

One hour fourty four point five seconds? Really Jay from you I was expecting something more exact. :p

Disneys America

My daughter was just telling me that the same music is played in the Gasparilla Grill as is played in the lobby and asked if I could find a playlist so she could download the music from Amazon or iTunes. I was thrilled to find a three-page post on the subject and disappointed to see it end like this. Was the regular playlist ever posted anywhere?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Disneys America said:
Was the regular playlist ever posted anywhere?
Nope. It's on my "To Do" list to get this one finished. So far, I've managed to ID 15 of the 19 tracks. I need to get back over there and make a better recording of the four unknowns.

Disneys America

My daughter was talking to me about this again today. I asked her if she remembers any of them and she said, "Alexander's Ragtime Band (but not the GFSO version), Elite Syncopation, and Maple Leaf Rag and/or The Entertainer."

Disneys America

Kind of like waiting for construction at WDW, but I understand that the real world has to take priority over a playlist. I appreciate all that you and other folks do here.

msg7

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time member here. Sorry for the minor "bump" of this thread. I've been watching this thread eagerly since about 2015 and am eager to hear the soundtrack! By any chance, you guys, the staff, have an estimated date of when this playlist will be ready? Even if it's not all the tracks, I would appreciate it if I was able to listen to some!
Thanks a lot!

-msg7

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the loop that plays in the monorail station, the lobby, and at the porte cochère. Not the album "As Time Goes By" which plays in the outer buildings.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
By any chance, you guys, the staff, have an estimated date of when this playlist will be ready? Even if it's not all the tracks, I would appreciate it if I was able to listen to some!

I'll try to get it cleaned up and made visible in the next couple of days. I've still got four (4) unidentified tracks. This has been a tough one for me. All of the tracks were sourced from a collection of old 78 rpm records belonging to a former CM/musician. These are the kinds of things that Shazam, Sound Hound, et el, are no help at all with.

msg7

I'll try to get it cleaned up and made visible in the next couple of days. I've still got four (4) unidentified tracks. This has been a tough one for me. All of the tracks were sourced from a collection of old 78 rpm records belonging to a former CM/musician. These are the kinds of things that Shazam, Sound Hound, et el, are no help at all with.
You don't know how excited this just made me lol. Thanks a lot!

Also, maybe the folks over at r/NameThatSong would be able to help you. (Reddit)

Edit: r/tipofmytongue appears to be the larger community. Either way, hope you can find them!

Last edited:

msg7

Quick question about this loop. Sorry to bother y'all again. Was a new loop really implemented in 2014? I didn't really realize a change with the music. If so, will 2 loops be released? Thanks!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Was a new loop really implemented in 2014? I didn't really realize a change with the music.

It's more likely that the change was made in early 2013. To this day, depending on when you happen to hit the lobby or monorail platform, and how long you happen to linger, you may not even notice the change, as the original one-hour-long loop is still intact. What they've done is to tack a bunch of new tracks onto the end of the existing loop and without any thought as to what they were starting with. They did a similar hatchet job over at the Wilderness Lodge. :mad:
If so, will 2 loops be released? Thanks!

Yes, I will make entries for both playlists. You can get a head start on the updated loop by grabbing a copy of the California Ramblers' 1925-1928 album. The genius who worked on destroying the Grand Floridian's loop plucked tracks from this album — and mostly in sequential order. L.A.Z.Y. :(

msg7

It's more likely that the change was made in early 2013. To this day, depending on when you happen to hit the lobby or monorail platform, and how long you happen to linger, you may not even notice the change, as the original one-hour-long loop is still intact. What they've done is to tack a bunch of new tracks onto the end of the existing loop and without any thought as to what they were starting with. They did a similar hatchet job over at the Wilderness Lodge. :mad:

Yes, I will make entries for both playlists. You can get a head start on the updated loop by grabbing a copy of the California Ramblers' 1925-1928 album. The genius who worked on destroying the Grand Floridian's loop plucked tracks from this album — and mostly in sequential order. L.A.Z.Y. :(

Dang.. At least this album is on Spotify!

msg7

Ok. So, I've been flipping through the album for a little while now and one thing that's bothering me A LOT is the vocals. Does the real loop have the vocal track? Personally I don't recall this... Could it be that the "old half" of the loop doesn't have vocals and the new half does?