1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Grand Floridian [1988]

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Magic Music, Jun 9, 2006.

1. msg7

msg7 New Member

Ok. So, I've been flipping through the album for a little while now and one thing that's bothering me A LOT is the vocals. Does the real loop have the vocal track? Personally I don't recall this... Could it be that the "old half" of the loop doesn't have vocals and the new half does?

2. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

The original loop has one vocal track (featuring a 25-year-old Bing Crosby).

Disneys America likes this.
  3. msg7

msg7 New Member

Ah. This makes sense...

4. Paul

Paul Active Member

I have a chance to stay at Grand Floridian in January with some down time. I have never heard music playing other than the live music in the lobby. Where is the best (and quietest) place to hear/record the current background loop? Also, any chance of sharing the original loop?

5. Magic Music

In which case, the Grand Floridian loop should have no significance to you whatsoever. :ROFL:
    You can hear the loop outside in the porte-cochère and on the monorail platform, and inside the lobby from early morning until around 3:00 PM and then again from around 10:00 PM to 11:0o PM before it's shut off for the night.
    Probably inside the restrooms outside of Cítricos Lounge. But it won't be quiet. FLUSH! :eek: And, on the day you choose to try it, there is a 75% chance that the speakers will be out. :mad:

6. Paul

Paul Active Member

Thank you for your help. I will check those locations and if I can capture anything identifiable - I will share.

7. Paul

Paul Active Member

I had no luck at the Grand Floridian. The audio was very faint and in the ceiling. My device could not pick it up even in the early morning hours. I did get the "Can I help you" question from security - luckily that was recorded. The bathrooms at 1900 Park Fare and Citricos were without music. The speakers outside played the GFSO CDs. The Convention Center played tracks from at least 3 CDs: Disney Adventures in Jazz, Duke Ellington Plays Mary Poppins, and Steve Tyrell: The Disney Standards.

Any help would be appreciated.

8. Magic Music

Outside where?

9. Paul

Paul Active Member

The two speakers I saw/used were in the flower beds to each side of the boat dock area between the Sago Key and Sugarloaf buildings. Or you could say the water edge and Gasparilla Island Grill. They play the preshow music and Happily Ever After music during the fireworks at night.

10. Paul

Paul Active Member

11. Magic Music

Yes, a good spot. There is also a low speaker behind the stairs, near the exit doors, where I have often contemplated connecting my mic and seeing how long I can get away with it. :cautious:
    Already known. Track No. 14 in the original loop.
    Also known. This one is part of the hastily done extension in 2013 that consisted of nothing more than tacking on a bunch of California Ramblers tracks.

12. Paul

Paul Active Member

13. Disneys America

Disneys America New Member

Woohoo! One track of the original loop down, 18 to go!