Giacchino's Space Mountain music now online!

Pretty positive X-S Tech. As for Disneyland having an exit BGM, I don't believe it plays this track. It's pretty much space static/noises as you walk-up the stairs and exit to photo/merch at Disneyland.

Dr. Know

Fascinating.... I didn't realize Esquivel had been retired... and interesting that the exit music plays at WDW which is the one Space Mountain that doesn't have Giacchino's onboard score... my head is spinning!!

almandot

the exit music is played on disneyland immediately after the re-entry tunnel, "Welcome back space travelers," but it doesn't have the dance beat to it and it's done by the time you get to the station to get off.

X-S Tech

Perhaps Mr. Woods can confirm this for us, but I believe what is playing on his broadcast is actually 4 distinct pieces:
1)The DL Onboard Score
2)Unload Music,
3)DL Exit Music,
4) DLP Onboard Score

Either that, or the Unload Music (#2) is actually part of the Onboard Score. But if you listen to it, there are distinct pauses between this unload music and the tracks before and after it.

What I'm trying to say in my own convoluted way, is that almondot is correct, you only hear a short bit of music after the attraction onboard score finishes. Your rocket stops and then based on the rockets in front of you, taxis into the loading zone. During this time, you hear that short clip (about 30 sec)- however I don't believe that it is part of the Exit music. I think it's it's own piece.

So are we all pretty certain that the Exit music itself doesn't play at DL? Gee that's disappointing if true.

And when did the Exit music start playing in place of Esquivel at WDW?

X-S Tech

Well I went and verified something for myself today. The Mouse Info is correct: Disneyland does not play the Giacchino Exit music, with the exception of that short clip while you are still in the rocket. I can't verify that it plays at WDW, but it doesn't play as you exit DL's Space mountain, only more Space SFX. Not that I didn't believe you Mouse Info, just had to check for myself ;)

Dr. Know

Well I went and verified something for myself today. The Mouse Info is correct: Disneyland does not play the Giacchino Exit music, with the exception of that short clip while you are still in the rocket. I can't verify that it plays at WDW, but it doesn't play as you exit DL's Space mountain, only more Space SFX. Not that I didn't believe you Mouse Info, just had to check for myself ;)

It was a tough job, but someone had to do it. ;D

I'm coming in late on this one. Is there anyway to listen to past playlists on that website? If so I don't see it. I missed the Disney week apparently. Thanks.

almandot

I'd like to retract an earlier statement of mine ;) The dance beat does play during the exit music as you come out of the star tunnel at Disneyland, it's just very low and I never noticed it before until I heard it on these clips and then went on the ride again heh. =D

Erik Woods

I'm coming in late on this one. Is there anyway to listen to past playlists on that website? If so I don't see it. I missed the Disney week apparently. Thanks.

Unfortunately, no. Once a show is gone... it's gone forever! Sorry. It's mainly to do with bandwidth and storage space.

-Erik-

nelsonj3

FYI, the exit music played is not Disneyland's. It's Walt Disney Worlds. This is the track that replaced the Esquivel - Sentimental Journey track. Just a heads up. :)

I can also confirm this. Just got back from WDW. I love the new Space Mountain exit music. It's too bad that the WDW Space Mountain can't have the onboard music as well, but I guess that would require refurbing the rockets. Oh well, we can dream, can't we?