Future World...Rest in Peace

And you think I am? ;-)

Make sure to read the article. It's very informatively...

Depressing.

However, remember, this all probably won't happen. Let's hope NONE of this happens - that they may put the true purpose and meaning of Disney in front of them, and not cash.

...we wish, huh?!?!

Note the remark of COP in that article...if they close the COP...I smell a major boycott against Disney by the true Disney fans...this cannot happen.

SFMike

Come on guys they won't do this......It would cost real money and we all know Eisner won't put major investment in the parks anymore. On the other hand he might just let go of enough money to screw up what is already there. A prime example was the destruction of Disneylands Tomorrowland when it was updated and attraction downsized. Anyway we can always depend on Michael making the wrong decision.

Zarpman

I'm one of the few people that thinks this is a good idea methinks.

Don't get me wrong. When I was a young 'un, I LOVED the idea of EPCOT Center and it's Future World. It's sad to see Future World today. It costs way too much money to stay on top of the vision of tomorrow, and this place is very out of touch with its original Future World designation. Discoveryland would open up many more opportunities for attraction and show design, not to mention not lie about it's theme on the future (which, if you want my opinion, was killed off with the demise of Horizons).

I know alot of us wish that Disney would leave these attractions alone and keep them the way we were when we first experienced them, but the fact of the matter is that Disney must change to appeal to its audience, and us hardcore Disney fans won't be around forever. I can only imagine what kind of uproar the hardcore Disney fans of the late 1970's reacted when they found out that EPCOT was being designed as a theme park rather than Walt's utopia.

Change is sad, but inevitable...