Frontierland 1971-1975/1976 BGM "Long Shot" Question

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello:

I am curious as to whether there are any Earl Scruggs fans out there that might have an LP called Nashville's Rock (Columbia CS 1007). I believe that at least one track from this album - "Love is Just a Four Letter Word" - is used in the 1971 version of the Magic Kingdom Frontierland loop (track 14) and am looking for confirmation.

Any help is appreciated.

wedroy1923

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I'm not sure if you're looking to buy it, but the LP is available on eBay for ~$20:

Link 1

Link 2
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, $20 is a little much to pay to make a possible ID of one song. I'll have to keep my eye out.

I found a video of Joan Baez singing and Earl Scruggs playing the song, and the instrumentation is identical. The Nashville Rock version is supposedly an instrumental version of the song, which is why I was wanting to either confirm with someone else or hear it myself that it is indeed the track used.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It would cost me more than that...as the last time I had a turntable in the house was June of 1979. :eek:
I always pictured you to have thousands of LPs around the house. Knowing your lossless bias, I should have known better. :eek:

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
But $8.99 is not too much . . . so I can confirm, for those of you who are interested, that track #14 in the circulating 1971 Frontierland loop is "Love is Just a Four Letter Word" by Earl Scruggs on Nashville's Rock.