From Randy: New iTunes Titles are Here!

MousekeTodd

Re: From Randy: New iTunes Titles are here!

Lots to be happy about! Thanks, Randy.

I really like the "Annette Sings Anka" -- it wasn't one I had been excited about.

NOW, if Disney would release "Westward Ho the Wagons" on DVD!

Kurt

Found them all except the last 3:

Songs from Lady and the Tramp
The Disney Afternoon
Country Bear Jamboree

Rich T

I haven't found those last three yet, either. Good thing we've got some incredible music to help us wait!

Yeah, I think we've learned from the last couple of release waves that iTunes can be unpredictable regarding new titles. I was able to find Leagues and Thrilling Chilling Sounds just after midnight Eastern Time, and found all but the last three within an hour or so of that. iTunes is a marvel, a great service and one of the best things ever to hit the internet, but it's also unpredictable, occasionally frustrating and very inconsistent with its listings of new releases...almost like a real record store! But it does keep improving and expanding. I guess iTunes will never be completed as long as there is imagina-- never mind.

But what the heck. We've got 20,000 Leagues! I mean...holy cow, just listen to it!

Randy, you are a true hero! Thanks for working for so long to get this out to us!

mr wiggins

Well, I'm on my fifth critical listen-thru of the "20,000 Leagues" soundtrack and getting blown away more each time. As someone who has seen the film literally dozens of times (from the 70's theatrical re-release to pre-recorded videotape, LaserDisc and DVD), and as a longtime fan of Paul Smith, I have to say this restoration is absolutely stunning. The sound is simply beautiful -- totally clean... totally respectful of that wonderful warmth that marked the Studio's recording style in the 50's (a nostalgic *sigh* for the days of mag)... and yet so transparent you can occasionally hear a string player's bow-tick and the winds' pads. The "Whale of a Tale" extras and pdf file are delightful, and make the package feel sumptuous. Kudos to Randy & crew on a truly awesome job!

leomichel

Hi everybody,

a longtime french Disney fan, I would passionately like to buy 20,000 Leagues and listen to it. But how?

If anybody has any suggestion, I'd be grateful my whole life!

BJWanlund

Any luck finding The Disney Afternoon yet? I'll try finding the Country Bear Jamboree album and the Lady & The Tramp album as well.

BJ

BJWanlund

I've been off the site for the past several weeks...family loss...but something made me check in tonight...welcome back, Randy! The 20,000 Leagues release will definitely force my hand to finally download from iTunes. Funny, my son and I just watched the film with my Mom, just a few weeks ago, at the nursing facility she's been in the past few months. One of the main reasons I haven't used iTunes yet is that, sorry to say, we've got a dial-up connection--yes, a dial-up connection--at home, and I'm just afraid of how long it will take to download a recording like 20,000 Leagues--anyone know? If not, I'll be finding out soon enough...anyway, great choice, Randy!

Mike

Rich T

Hi, Michael.

My deepest sympathies regarding your family's loss. I hope things get brighter for you and your family soon.

About iTunes and dial-up: no worries. I had only dial-up until very recently, and downloaded many, many songs and albums (and even a few half-hour TV shows) from the shop. It's time-consuming, but it works fine (and forces you to budget your music download time.) An average pop song takes about 10 minutes, so count on 20,000 Leagues, with its long running time, taking anywhere from 3 to 4 hours. If there's any interruption during download, the shop will pick right up again where you left off the next time you log on.

Go for it: You're going to love the album!

Thanks for your words, Rich--it was my wife who lost her father three weeks ago; he was chronically ill, but sometimes the end still comes suddenly. It's going to take time, but even time doesn't heal all...
Anyway, we need distractions...thanks also for the reassuring words regarding dial-up! If I'm brave enough, and I get the time, I may give the download a try today--I really want to see the booklet, too!

Mike

Just want to make everyone knows that there is a separate album on iTunes called SONGS FROM LADY AND THE TRAMP, which was DQ-1231 when it was on vinyl.
Except for "Home Sweet Home," the other seven songs are studio versions produced by Camarata:

Lady - Instrumental
What is a Baby? - Marilyn Hooven (incorrrectly listed as Teri York as it was on the LP)
La La Lu - Teri York
Siamese Cat Song - Robie Lester
Bella Notte - Bob Grabeau
Home Sweet Home - MelloMen
He's a Tramp - Teri York (one of her personal favorites)
Peace on Earth/Silent Night - Marilyn Hooven (also incorrrectly listed as Teri York)

I can't seem to cut and paste the iTunes link, but if you search for "Songs from Lady and the Tramp" and look for the album where Lady and Tramp look like they're standing inside a beach ball, that's the one. It's a nice album.

BJWanlund

Songs from The Lady & The Tramp (thanks Greg Ehrbar from Orlando! Loved your question on Stu's Show last Wednesday!):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...00&s=143441

The Disney Afternoon:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...89&s=143441

Country Bear Jamboree:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...02&s=143441

Holy Hell, it looks like I may just have to purchase a $20-$30 iTunes eCertificate JUST to get this cool, cool stuff! Although with Disney Afternoon, I am more likely to just get a few tracks rather than the entire album! I may just complete the album later, since that's possible now! I'm crunching the numbers now!

BJ

BJWanlund

After purchasing and listening to 20,000 Leagues, I am ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY! These sound really, REALLY good! I don't regret my purchase of this amazing, amazing record whatsoever!!

BJ

dalvarad

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the Disney Itunes titles and links? I've seen links of these on various posts, but wasn't sure if they were all in one place since. More interested in the classic releases and Wonderland-type titles. Anyone?

David

>>Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the Disney Itunes titles and links? ...More interested in the classic releases and Wonderland-type titles.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author

iTunes Music Store Links for Rare Disney Albums (requires launching of iTunes):

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Soundtrack) (Paul J. Smith)
A Child's Garden of Verses (Beverly Gile & Frances Archer)
A Musical Tour of France with Maurice Chevalier (including "joie de vivre" from Walt Disney's "Monkeys Go Home") (Maurice Chevalier)
Addition and Subtraction (Cliff Edwards & Rica Moore)
Alice in Wonderland: Music from the Score, Conducted by Camarata (Camarata Chorus and Orchestra)
Annette (Annette Funicello)
Annette Sings Anka (Annette Funicello)
Annette's Beach Party (Annette Funicello)
Babes in Toyland (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture) (Various)
Burl Ives Chim Chim Cheree and Other Children's Choices (Burl Ives)
Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House (Laura Olsher)
Country Bear Jamboree (Original Soundtrack) (George Bruns)
Cowboy and Indian Songs (Fess Parker)
Dance Annette (Annette Funicello)
Date Nite at Disneyland With The Elliott Brothers Date Niters Orchestra (The Elliott Brothers Orchestra)
Deep in the Heart of Dixieland (George Bruns & The Wonderland Jazz Band)
Disney Songs the Satchmo Way (Louis Armstrong)
Echoes of Disneyland (Dee Fisher)
Ghost Riders In the Sky (Stan Jones)
Hawaiiannette (Annette Funicello)
Italiannette (Annette Funicello)
Lady and the Tramp (All the Songs from the Film) (Various)
Let's Fly with Mary Poppins (Louis Prima & Gia Maione)
Let's Get Together With Hayley Mills (Hayley Mills)
Mary Martin Hi-Ho (Mary Martin)
Meet Me Down On Main Street (The Mellomen Barbershop Quartet)
Mickey Mouse Disco (Various)
Multiplication and Division (Bill Kanady)
Musical Highlights from the Mickey Mouse Club TV Show (Various)
Professor Ludwig Von Drake (Paul Frees)
Rex Allen Sings 16 Favorite Songs (Rex Allen)
Saludos Amigos (Music from the Motion Picture) (Various)
Secrets of Life (Original Music from the Soundtrack) (Paul J. Smith)
Summer Magic (Various)
The Black Hole (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (John Barry)
Tinpanorama (Various)
Ukulele Ike Sings Again (Cliff Edwards & The Wonderland Jazz Band)
Walt Disney Presents Songs from the Mickey Mouse Club Serials (Various)
Walt Disney Records Archive Collection, Vol. 1 (Various)
Walt Disney Records Archive Collection, Vol. 2 (Various)
Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland (Disneyland Concert Orchestra)
Walt Disney World Band (Walt Disney World Band)
Walt Disney's Greatest Hits (Mike Curb Congregation)
Walt Disney's The Parent Trap! (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture) (Various)
Westward Ho the Wagons! (Music from the Motion Picture) (Various)

cschurr

Pigs- thank you very much for putting all these up here. I've been meaning to ask about all the itunes releases, now I save this link!

woohoo ;D

Thanks so much for this list. I have only bought a few things off of itunes. I have been spending my money on CD's on ebay. Now that I have collected most of the CD's that I want, I am turning my financial focus to itunes material that is currently available. I have asked this question myself before and I have some lists from previous posts. This is the best comprehensive list I have seen so far. You made my searching easier. THANKS SO MUCH!!! ;D

dalvarad

Thanks so much for the response....It really helps to see all of these together, and I had forgotten about a few of these releases...it's a shame Itunes doesn't offer a page with all of these. I remember one originally when these were rolled out...

Thanks again!