France BGM

Horizons

Playlist Author
Based on various postings on the internet, the BGM for France is around 47 minutes. There is a loop that has circulated that runs 47:26. Based on a review of live recordings from the actual loop, the 47:26 loop does not appear to be correct. Can anyone confirm this? Has a high quality induction recording been made of this loop?

Thanks

Horizons

Playlist Author
The live excerpt from the loop does, in fact, match up with the 47m loop. What is throwing me off is the first song of the actual loop is supposed to be "April in Paris." The 47m loops starts off with "Frere Jacques," but that may just be the arrangement of having the two songs mesh into one version of April in Paris. Does anyone know?

Horizons,

Would you be willing to share the track listing? I've the loop (most likely the same recording) that comes in at 47:26 and begins with 'Frere Jacque' but also have 17 tracks labelled as 'Bistro de Paris' background music. These tracks do not match in any way with the BGM loop. Unfortunately, my version of the 47:26 loop is of rather poor quality, too.

Richard

Horizons

Playlist Author
Here is the track list that I have.

1. April in Paris
2. Autumn Leaves
3. Beyond the Sea
4. Boom
5. C'est Magnifique
6. C'est Si Bon
7. Can-Can
8. Chanson D'Amore
9. Charlemagne
10. Comme Ci, Comme Ca
11. I Kiss Your Hand Madam
12. I Wish You Love
13. J'Attendrai
14. L'Amore Toujours L'Amore
15. La Petite Americaine
16. La Vie En Rose
17. I Love Paris
18. Madelon
19. Madammoiselle De Paris
20. Mam'Selle
21. Mimi
22. Pigalle
23. Under Paris Skies
24. Under the Bridges of Paris
25. Valentina
26. What Now My Love

X-S Tech

Hmmmm..... so that's not the order they play in right? I doubt the person arranging the loop put it in alphabetical order- though that would be convenient.

FRAN?OIS

Here is the track list that I have.

1. April in Paris
2. Autumn Leaves
3. Beyond the Sea
4. Boom
5. C'est Magnifique
6. C'est Si Bon
7. Can-Can
8. Chanson D'Amore
9. Charlemagne
10. Comme Ci, Comme Ca
11. I Kiss Your Hand Madam
12. I Wish You Love
13. J'Attendrai
14. L'Amore Toujours L'Amore
15. La Petite Americaine
16. La Vie En Rose
17. I Love Paris
18. Madelon
19. Madammoiselle De Paris
20. Mam'Selle
21. Mimi
22. Pigalle
23. Under Paris Skies
24. Under the Bridges of Paris
25. Valentina
26. What Now My Love

Since these songs are about France, every time it says LOVE, please, let's spell it ZE French way, not the Italian way!

L' Amour, Toujours l'Amour!

25 is Valentine, made famous by Maurice Chevalier.

The following ones being French creations, the original title is as follows;

2 Les Feuilles Mortes.
3 La Mer.
4 Boum!
8 Chanson d'Amour.
12 Que Reste-t-il De Nos Amours?
18 La Madelon.
19 Mademoiselle de Paris, created by the wonderful Jacqueline Fran?ois.

24 Sous Les Ponts de Paris
25 Valentine
26 Et Maintenant?

;)

FRAN?OIS

Horizons,

Would you be willing to share the track listing? I've the loop (most likely the same recording) that comes in at 47:26 and begins with 'Frere Jacque' but also have 17 tracks labelled as 'Bistro de Paris' background music. These tracks do not match in any way with the BGM loop. Unfortunately, my version of the 47:26 loop is of rather poor quality, too.

Richard

You mean.... they now have background music for the Bistro de Paris?!!

Gee, I'm glad they did NOT when I "opened" that place and worked there!

Only Chefs de France used to have bgm......

Horizons

Playlist Author
I don't know what order the loop is in, but I suspect you are correct. Apparently, that is the listing that was provided by guest relations.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Sorry to be resurrecting an old topic.

I've been working on identifying the tracks in the France Exterior Area Loop running 47.26.

For the purposes of identifying the tunes, I split the loop into tracks at what I believed were obvious breaks in the loop. This means there are a few "medley" type tracks. I found the list provided by WDW / WDI to be of little help in IDing the songs. So, here's what I've come up with:

01. Medley
a. Fr?re Jacques
b. Sur le Pont d'Avignon
02. Unknown
03. Unknown
04. Voici L'Hiver Bient?t Pass?
05. Unknown
06. Medley
a. unknown
b. Fais Do-Do
c. Sur le Pont d'Avignon
07. Unknown
08. C'est la M?re Michel
09. Under the Bridges of Paris
10. Alouette
11. Can-Can
12. Unknown
13. Un Homme et Une Femme
14. Aupr?s de Ma Blonde
15. Unknown
16. Ah! Vous Dirai-Je, Maman
17. Unknown
18. Il Pleut Berg?re
19. Under Paris Skies
20. Medley
a. Ah! Si Mon Moine Voulait Danser
b. unknown
21. Au Clair de la Lune
22. Un Homme et Une Femme

Seems whoever put this together REALLY liked Sur le Pont d'Avignon!

Anyway, I'm putting this out there to see if anyone wants to help move this playlist along and / or confirm the tracks I think I've got figured out.

Regarding the WDW / WDI playlist: I do think most of this was used (might still be used) at some point for an "interior" France loop, in the same way Canada had exterior AND interior loops derived from a common set of tracks.

Two of the songs listed in the WDW / WDI playlist DO appear in the World Showcase Plaza / International Gateway loop: La Vie en Rose and L'Amour Toujours L'Amour.

Also, from what I understand there are a set of tracks that are used in Bistro de Paris. According to another poster here, these tracks were not in use when the restaurant opened. I do not know if they are ONLY used in Bistro de Paris. These tracks have been available - I know on UBA but I think also on Rodentsections. To my knowledge, the tracks had been numbered but not named. Following the track numbers, here are the titles:

01. La Vie Joyeuse
02. Under Paris Skies
03. The Windmills of Your Mind
04. Bossa Nouveau
05. D'accord
06. Enchante
07. Madame Sophie
08. Villa Georgette
09. The French Connection
10. C'est Tout
11. Chez Michel
12. Promenade a Monmartre
13. Mon Amour
14. Sur La Plage
15. Les Matelots
16. Canal du Midi
17. Ma Petite

(Thanks to Club 33 for identifying the source of these tracks as The Paris Musette!) These tracks are commercially available from The Paris Musette, a CD entitled "The Music of France."

I do NOT know / I have NO confirmation that these are actually used in Bistro de Paris. If anyone can confirm these are used, I would appreciate it.

Finally, can anyone confirm whether there is a France interior loop?

Always, help and information is appreciated!!

wedroy1923

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Bill, I'm calling the dissertation "Ode to a Distraction."

Nicko1984

To answer the question of "is there an interior loop inside the pavilion?" Yes there is, it can be heard inside the Impressions De France theater, as well inside the perfume shop where all the books are, "kind of looks like an old library".

Nick

Horizons

Playlist Author
To answer the question of "is there an interior loop inside the pavilion?" Yes there is, it can be heard inside the Impressions De France theater, as well inside the perfume shop where all the books are, "kind of looks like an old library".

Nick

Are you sure it's different than the exterior loop?

I agree with Horizons - on my last listen there I couldn't tell of a difference between outside and in.

Nicko1984

Yes it is different I am 100% sure. I even heard "La Vie En Rose" in there which is in the "world showcase/international gateway loop" but not in the exterior France loop.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I have updated the playlist for the exterior France loop. As always, I appreciate any additional information concerning this or the interior loops for the pavilion or corrections to the playlist.

wedroy1923

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
I apologize for resurrecting an old topic, but has any progress been made in sorting out this loop?

I have been slowly working on this for a couple years but have not made much progress. Here is what I currently have IDed from the 47 minute loop:

01. Medley
-- a. Frère Jacques
-- b. Sur le Pont d'Avignon

02. Medley
-- a. unknown
-- b. unknown

03. Medley
-- a. Voici L'Hiver Bientôt Passé
-- b. unknown

04. Medley
-- a. unknown
-- b. Fais Do-Do
-- c. Sur le Pont d'Avignon

05. Medley
-- a. unknown
-- b. C'est la Mère Michel

06. Sous le Ponts de Paris
07. Alouette
08. Cancan
09. Medley
-- a. Le Chevalier du Guet
-- b. unknown
-- c. unknown

10. Un Homme et Une Femme
11. Auprès de Ma Blonde
12. Medley
-- a. Ainsi Font, Font, Font
-- b. Nous n'Irons Plus au Bois

13. Ah! Vous Dirai-Je, Maman
14. Il Était une Bergère
15. Medley
-- a. Il Pleut Bergère
-- b. unknown

16. Sous le Ciel du Paris
17. Medley
-- a. Ah! Si Mon Moine Voulait Danser
-- b. unknown

18. Medley
-- a. unknown
-- b. Au Clair de la Lune

19. Un Homme et Une Femme

Thanks to Horizons, we also know that there is an "interior" version of the France BGM; based on a sample recording, I believe that probably contains many of the songs on the playlist once available from EPCOT Center Guest Services.

Finally, I have received no confirmation regarding the Bistro de Paris, but C33 has IDed the source of the music associated with this restaurant as the Paris Musette.

Club 33

Playlist Author
As it happens, I dined at Bistro de Paris this past summer and I do not recall there being any background music. It was very quiet in the restaurant (there was, perhaps, one other table of guests and us) and I don't recall hearing any. In fact, thinking back I seem to recall noting that there didn't appear to be any speakers in the ceiling, which was because I was wondering if they would play the Illuminations: ROE music in the restaurant (they did not).

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
As it happens, I dined at Bistro de Paris this past summer and I do not recall there being any background music. It was very quiet in the restaurant (there was, perhaps, one other table of guests and us) and I don't recall hearing any. In fact, thinking back I seem to recall noting that there didn't appear to be any speakers in the ceiling, which was because I was wondering if they would play the Illuminations: ROE music in the restaurant (they did not).

C33: Thanks for mentioning this. As I noted in a previous post, another poster who worked the restaurant when it opened mentioned Bistro de Paris had no BGM. So who knows, maybe the Paris Musette tracks do not nor ever did play at the France pavilion.