Flower & Garden Festival 09 - Music Update

Horizons

Playlist Author
I went to the Flower & Garden Festival with my daugther yesterday, even though I was sick as a dog. As usual, the main entrance music has been changed to reflect the current theme of the festival. I didn't really pay attention to the music as I walked in and out of the park, but my guess is that it comes from the OST's to Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, and Snow White among others. I was sure Jay would have posted this information on the afternoon of the 18th, the first day the festival started. He seems to be lacking in his duties. I think I'll make a reference recording at some point.

For all of you "super" wacko's out there (and you know who you are!), there's a new BGM playing in Garden Town (the old Wonders of Life building for all you non-Flower & Garden Festival geeks). I was only in there for a few minutes, but the little that I heard was from film scores, so maybe thx99 will have a new project to work on. My daughter had no interest in staying more than five minutes, so all I caught were songs from "The Perfect Storm" and "Remember the Titans."

There's lots of other new or different music playing around the park, so if anyone who attends this year hears anything of interest, post it here. I made reference recordings of the BMG's used at the Easter and Mother's Day Brunch last year but, unfortunately, neither will be returning this year. :)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Did he just play selections from the Monkees back catalog, or solo stuff as well? I saw the Monkees after a Texas Ranger baseball game a LONG time ago and I haven't had the desire to see a repeat peformance. He sure looks a lot different these days.

Piratedavyjones.jpg

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
For all of you "super" wacko's out there (and you know who you are!), there's a new BGM playing in Garden Town (the old Wonders of Life building for all you non-Flower & Garden Festival geeks). I was only in there for a few minutes, but the little that I heard was from film scores, so maybe thx99 will have a new project to work on. My daughter had no interest in staying more than five minutes, so all I caught were songs from "The Perfect Storm" and "Remember the Titans."
You know I love these kinds of things, so bring it on... I'll add it to the ever-growing list! :)

Captain Hank

You know I love these kinds of things, so bring it on... I'll add it to the ever-growing list! :)
The same version of "Flying" from the Years of a Million Dreams is in that BGM loop, too. I wasn't in there very long, so I didn't catch too much else.

Horizons

Playlist Author
So any guesses as to this year's Main Entrance BGM?' I'll be recording it over the weekend, as well as checking out all of the other F&G loops used around the park. Last year, I think there were seven different loops, but I only recorded the ones that were half-way interesting to me. This year, I may try and get them all.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It doesn't sound promising then. I'll have a full recording by Sunday, but it will probably take me a few years to try and put the playlist together. I still haven't deciphered my recordings from the last two years. :eek:

The Rascal Flatts song doesn't surprise me. It was from the Cars movie and they seem to be promoting that movie with the Festival since Cars 2 is coming out this summer.

I am going to WDW this weekend and my husband loves the Festival. I was reading up it and they are supposed to have a topiary of Lighting McQueen and Mater.

Club 33

Playlist Author
How difficult would it be for the '82-'99 loop to be re-installed?
Why would they do that?

I'm actually quite a big fan of the current Epcot Entrance Loop, and it makes sense to have a loop with modern Epcot themes (though it still contains themes from Honey I Shrunk the Audience and the original Living Seas, so I guess that makes it a bit outdated, but I like those themes so I don't have an issue with them sticking around).

The biggest issue for fans of the entrance loop, whatever the loop might be, is how rarely it plays! For all of Spring it plays the Flower & Garden BGM, for most of Winter it plays the Holiday BGM, and if I'm remembering correctly there's a Food & Wine BGM for the Fall. So it really only plays during the three summer months and the month of February. I haven't been to the resort over the summer since summer 2009 so I haven't gotten to hear it on my last two trips.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
It doesn't sound promising then. I'll have a full recording by Sunday, but it will probably take me a few years to try and put the playlist together. I still haven't deciphered my recordings from the last two years. :eek:
If you need any help decipherin', I'm at your disposal!

On a lighter note, I have it on the (not so) good authority of a Howard S. that you're gonna love this year's loop. Here's the tracklist he slipped me:

01. Journey To The Crossroads (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
02. Uglúk's Warriors (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
03. Saruman the White (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)
04. Théoden Rides Forth (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
05. Khazad-dûm (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)
06. Isengard Unleashed (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
07. Dwimorberg - The Haunted Mountain (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
08. Dernhelm In Battle (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
09. Isengard Unleashed (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
10. Night Camp (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
11. Gilraen's Memorial (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)

Looks like there's a new DJ in town...

;)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
If you need any help decipherin', I'm at your disposal!

On a lighter note, I have it on the (not so) good authority of a Howard S. that you're gonna love this year's loop. Here's the tracklist he slipped me:

01. Journey To The Crossroads (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
02. Uglúk's Warriors (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
03. Saruman the White (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)
04. Théoden Rides Forth (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
05. Khazad-dûm (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)
06. Isengard Unleashed (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
07. Dwimorberg - The Haunted Mountain (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
08. Dernhelm In Battle (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King complete score)
09. Isengard Unleashed (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
10. Night Camp (Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete score)
11. Gilraen's Memorial (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete score)

Looks like there's a new DJ in town...

;)

:lol:
Mind, you, they could do worse although they have already used track 5 in the DLRP Backlot loop (track 22)already. :p

Horizons

Playlist Author
Sounds like a bunch of Toy Story music. My recording will have to wait another week due to the weather and the fact my daughter is with me. Hopefully there will be a few unreleased gems included.