Feedback Needed on My Broughton Site!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Re: Feedback Needed !!!

Nice to see the covers. Shame they are a little on the smallish side (be nice to click on them for a larger version) but nice nonetheless (I can't read the titles on some but then my eyesight isn't what it was in my youth).
Great idea to put the purchase links on though.
That's really something.

I echo eyore. Really nice to see 'em. Wish they were bigger. Wish I could click on them to see them. See I told you folks would like the amazon links! I didn't even realize that he did a couple of those scores. Nice job.

The first link with the buy links doesn't seem different, are the covers larger? I you might also link them up to the redone cover scans.

The second link is AWESOME. I checked out the entire cover section all redone. Very nice. Slideshow is great, selecting by album is great. Very nicely done!

Marko

Amazing work Chris. I think Bruce really appreciates your hard work as do all of his fans. Thanks for the buying links as well.

WDWGuy08

hi! i tried making the second link with the buy it links added but when u double click on the photos to enlarge them the buy it links appeared over the top of the covers and when i sent them to the back you could see the cover fine but the links did not work. soo.... i decided to make a just buy it now links with covers as a store and a covers only page any suggestions?

Marko

Good idea. You could include a track listing page with all of the title and run times. Maybe some excerpts.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author

Ok, that's better, I can see a nice large picture of the cover now (and an option for a slideshow - neat) but, at the moment, the next and previous links are not working. As Marko says, maybe you could have front and back covers (with the listings).
I'm sure very short clips of some of the music would be regarded as "fair use" (like a quote from a book) and allowed (as long as they were short - just to give a taster).
As you said, no links to Amazon etc.
Why not just make another page the same as the original one with a link on the new covers page to it?
Maybe alongside the header of "Here is a collection of scanned......." - sort of "click here for details of where to purchase them" or something similar?
That way you would go to the page (that you used to have) with the smaller pictures and the Amazon links.
You'd have both then ;D
This really is coming along great.
Well done.

Really nice. I wish I could tell you how to click on the covers to make them bigger so they work right in the amazon section but I'm stumped. But I think having a link to the area with the bigger versions is a fine work around. Well done.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author

That's pretty good.
Personally, I would still like a note on the main covers page that links to purchase and audio are available on other pages.
I wouldn't have realised that I had to look through the index for "store" (you may have been selling used cars ;D ) as there are quite a few sections in that index (and I'm still not sure which one to click for the audio).
Exactly what you have done on the audio page, which, I think is the best sample page I have seen anywhere!
Remember that's just me. Others may have no trouble but, as a new viewer of the site, I read about BB, then went to look at the covers to see what he had been involved with and then looked at the albums (great bit that) but then got stuck.
I needed something to tell me that there was more elsewhere.
As I say, not a criticism, just how I found the ease of use of the pages for me and what would have helped me.

I do think your site is great and covers a lot and much more sophisticated than I could manage.

Marko

Great job. I just love that Lost in Space soundtrack. Hopefully it will get a re-release so more of the music surfaces.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author

That does it for me ;D
Excellent work.

WDWGuy08

any more suggestions, additions, anything, anyone?

Marko

Maybe you could make some cue sheets for his movie scores.

WDWGuy08

whatda mean? i do not think i would be able to he would have to send them to me and i don't think he would as he is a busy man and does not have the time to send me all his cue sheets to help me make them.

Marko

Good point. I also doubt there are track listings for all of the music. As for any other recomendations I think you did everything possible. :D ;)

WDWGuy08

Ok, that's better, I can see a nice large picture of the cover now (and an option for a slideshow - neat) but, at the moment, the next and previous links are not working. As Marko says, maybe you could have front and back covers (with the listings).
I'm sure very short clips of some of the music would be regarded as "fair use" (like a quote from a book) and allowed (as long as they were short - just to give a taster).
As you said, no links to Amazon etc.
Why not just make another page the same as the original one with a link on the new covers page to it?
Maybe alongside the header of "Here is a collection of scanned......." - sort of "click here for details of where to purchase them" or something similar?
That way you would go to the page (that you used to have) with the smaller pictures and the Amazon links.
You'd have both then ;D
This really is coming along great.
Well done.

did you ever get the next/previous buttons to work?