Favorite Old School Epcot Song

Re:Best original EPCOT SONG

Magic Journeys played at Disneyland from June 16, 1984 until September 8, 1986, according to the Walt Disney Archives.

-Jason

will

okay, if MAGIC JOURNEYS premiered at EPCOT, then it I want to change my vote back to it. Please forgive my voting irregularities, but I live in Florida.

X-S Tech

This is a tough one. Let me say it's unfair that "Tomorrow's Child" and "Universe of Energy" are lumped into other. But above all "New Horizons" is the tops.
"If we can dream it, we really can do it, provided a big enough budget that is, and managements approval...."

hosewater

Oops! Sorry everyone. I really thought it was at Disneyland before 1982. My mistake!

MAGIC JOURNEYS rules by the way ;)
Did anyone check out the 17 minute soundboard copy that a guy in alt.disney.disneyland got his hands on?
Excellent.

EJ

David S.

For me it's a VERY CLOSE three way race between my three all-time favorite EPCOT songs which also happen to be from my three all-time favorite EPCOT attractions:

"One Little Spark", from the ORIGINAL Journey Into Imagination!

"Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" from the late, great Kitchen Kabaret!

And lastly, the very happy, upbeat, Small World-esque song sung by the children in El Rio Del Tiempo! ("la la la la la" etc.) I think it's called "Fiestas In Mexico" or "Vistas In Mexico", which for this poll would fit under "other".

I do enjoy all of the original EPCOT music, and as on all of these polls, it's near impossible for me to pick just one - but for favorite EPCOT song I can at least easily narrow it to these three.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that "Fiestas In Mexico" is my favorite SURVIVING song curently still playing at EPCOT (assuming it's still there). I hope one of these days it will FINALLY be released on CD and get the attention it deserves. Perhaps on a future "Official Album", since those can only contain "current" park music?

David

adimike

I chose Golden Dream, but the original mix, not the new version. The climax is much more thrilling. I also am partial to the original Spaceship Earth track that ppayed as you reached the apex of the ride, and also the background music that used to play in Future World.

while I'm at it, I also prefer the original Illuminations.[Gee. I'm a old timer. What do you expect? }

However, the most enjoyment I've had at Epcot is the Voices Of Liberty concerts held in the rotunda in the American Adventure.

Adrian

SharonKurland

> One thing I can say with absolute certainty is
> that "Fiestas In Mexico" is my favorite SURVIVING
> song curently still playing at EPCOT (assuming it's still > there).

it is. And I agree, David...it's still a fun, catchy song. Rio Del Tiempo was my favorite Epcot attraction for a LONG long time and a good part of it was because of that song.

-Sharon-

David S.

>> One thing I can say with absolute certainty is
>> that "Fiestas In Mexico" is my favorite SURVIVING
>>song curently still playing at EPCOT (assuming it's still > there).

> it is. And I agree, David...it's still a fun, catchy song. Rio Del Tiempo was my favorite Epcot attraction for a LONG long time and a good part of it was because of that song.

>-Sharon-

Thanks for the info, Sharon. If I end up moving to central Florida, I will look forward to being able to ride El Rio Del Tiempo over and over again, whenever I want!

David

Shane

I chose Golden Dream, but there are so many other great songs from Epcot's formative years, it really was hard to pick. Even though it's not an individual song, the original Entrance Medley is my all-time favorite Epcot track.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Back from the dead! :unsure:

I have added twice as many choices?the original poll ended up with too many votes cast for 'Other.' I have also removed the original results. So, if you were around in 2002 and you already voted, you now get to vote again! B)

Jay

almandot

I thought it really strange that all these people I never see on teh board were spouting back and forth and talking about their conversations being same as usual until i saw the date =P

And where's the Test Track queue? =(

/okay fine but I'm still voting other =P

To me, it's hard to describe. I have the Official Album of EPCOT Center and love all of the songs. I didn't get to see EPCOT until 2001 and 2003. Can I say that the scores of Spaceship Earth (Jeremy Irons version) and Impressions de France are my favorites?

DisneyChris

I miss the cohesiveness of the original Epcot soundtrack. The whole park had a musical backdrop that all blended together, adding to the overall experience. I miss that.

BJWanlund

One Little Spark from the ORIGINAL Journey Into Imagination gets my vote.

BJ