Exciting News!!! Disney Dreams Music

Hello Disney Music Fans,
I wanted to share some very exciting information that was released yesterday, that was given to me by one of the imagineers that worked on the 50th celebration at DLR. Disney's Year of a Million Dreams Campaign starts this fall with new entertainment offerings at all the diffrent parks. And with that there will be of course "new music"!!. For Walt Disney World in florida they will be getting a new stage show (currently unnamed) with a new dream theme included. And the "Share a Dream Come True Parade" now becomes "Disney's Dreams Come True Parade" with the music from Tokyo Disneylands Dreams on Parade Moving on!!(Kingdom of Magical Dreams)!and a revamped version with no Snowglobes and a new theme incororated, it opens August 11th. At Disneyland paris in France, they will get a new parade titled Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade which will celebrate the parks 15th Anniversary, that opens next march 2008. And at Disneyland Park in California "Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams" will have a new intro (say goodbye to Julie Andrews speech) and will eventually dismiss the "Welcome to Our Family" show-stop. "Remember Dreams Come True" will no longer have those wonderful effects with the show time being cut-down to a low-budget almost 10 mins show!! And re-working the music to the dream theme. So lets cross our fingers and hope that some of this wonderful-new music will make it to a release in 2007!!

tcsnwhite

Oh My GOD-NO!!! Please don't tell me they are really getting rid of the show stops in Parade of Dreams at Disneyland? THat is the whole point of that parade with all the specialty acts! I really hope that is only a bad rumor. sorry.

BLM07

Geez they are removing more from the American parks and changing the music. I'm not too excited to hear that.

Well, I will be excited about a new castle show at WDW. "Cinderellabration" didn't work for me, too slow, and too much emphasis on court dancers instead of characters. And Mickey wasn't even in it.

And I have heard the new music for the revamp of "Disney's Spectacularly Boring Snow Globe Parade." What a difference! The music is great.

I saw the globeless floats this past weekend, and that also helps the parade immensely. You feel as though the characters are actually with you, not in their own little (often misty) world.

So there's some positivity!

(Am disappointed in the changes at Disneyland, but I figured that would happen.)

Dr. Know

Does anyone have any details on the music used in the revamped WDW parade -- I assume the Gavin Greenaway score for Share A Dream Come True is being jettisoned altogether. Is Greenaway also responsible for the new parade music, or is it another of Disney's staples?

I don't know the composer, but it as, as other posters have stated, the music from Tokyo Disneyland's Parade of Dreams: Moving On.

There is nary a shred of "Share a Dream Come True" in it.

oh and i forgot i left something out....A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland park is being re-worked to "Christmas Dreams on Parade" with some floats changed and new music!!! And as of right now there still is no word if Holiday Magic fireworks will be returning this christmas season.

BLM07

Maybe I'm a minority here, but I like the soundtrack to Share a Dream Come True, the dialog is corny, but at least its all different.

I saw some of the video from JoeInJpn's site, the music is good enough and the floats look great, but hearing "kingdom of magical dreams, kingdom of dreams and magic" over and over (like many other parades) gets old, fast. I'm tired of hearing about magical dreams etc, can't they come up with something else? Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm a fan of something more original than the same old thing.

I don't wanna bring anyone down, thats just what annoys me about this whole thing. I also thought Disneyland would have their shows for at least a couple of years, which is sad to hear for them.

tcsnwhite

Well, I talked to several folks over at Disneyland, and as of now, there has been no actual decision to cut the show stops from Parade of Dreams. most likely it will not happen because the show stops are basically the essence of the Parade of Dreams. If they cut them, they cannot use the bungee puppets, alice cards, or lion king birds.
The only things that will change are all the 50th references will be taken out, and the banners I hear may change to multi-colors.
So far, there has also been no actual decision on the Christmas fantasy parade and it's changes. All the talk on that so far has been complete rumor. The parade will run pretty much just as it has before, no different.

almandot

I saw some of the video from JoeInJpn's site, the music is good enough and the floats look great, but hearing "kingdom of magical dreams, kingdom of dreams and magic" over and over (like many other parades) gets old, fast. I'm tired of hearing about magical dreams etc, can't they come up with something else? Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm a fan of something more original than the same old thing.

I don't wanna bring anyone down, thats just what annoys me about this whole thing.

fyi, wdw's new parade music will use the song from their parade, but it will have different lyrics and different float music between the chorus. it's just taking the main melody.

Looks like they going to get rid of the "Remember Dreams Come True" fireworks show, because it was used for the 50th anniversary celebration, but it's going to be over soon until the "Year of a Million Dreams" will be coming this October. I've seen the entire show on numerous Disney sites and of course on YouTube as well, but the music still lives on in the "Musical History of Disneyland" boxed set and on Live365 as well. You can make you own fireworks show using the CD for playing "Remember Dreams Come True" show that they had at Disneyland. I'm so sad to see it go. What's next for Disneyland fireworks shows, maybe it should bring back "Fantasy In the Sky", but the not the Disney World one. Disney World has "Wishes!", but will see if Disneyland would have a fireworks show after the 50th anniversary is over.

WishesFan

WOW!!!!! I can't wait to hear all the new WDW music! I'm very excited to see what they've done with the TDL Theme. Hopefully WDW will release a recording of the "Kingdom of Dreams and Magic" theme. I bet that's why TDL hasn't released their version yet--they have to wait for the WDW parade to start.

I'm also very excited to hear the new castle stage show music!!!! Any idea when any of these events start? Thanks so much!

Have a great day,
-Rick

tcsnwhite

The new MK parade starts August 9th, I believe.
the castle stage show starts later, around october or so?

I hope a cd release happens for the MK parade. WDW is pretty good now at releasing most of their show and parade music.

WishesFan

Okay Bill, that WAS funny! ;D It's true--they just use the same words in a different order EVERY time!!

Have a great day,
-Rick

WishesFan

I guess the new WDW parade starts today!!! I can't wait to see the video/hear the soundtrack! If anyone finds a video link please post it for the rest of us. Thanks!

Have a great day,
-Rick

WishesFan

I just checked the WDW official site and "Disney's Dreams Come True Parade" is on the entertainment page! I can't wait to see a video and hear the music!! If someone finds a video link, PLEASE keep us updated so we can watch and listen, too! Thanks so much!!!

Have a great day,
-Rick

Rick,
It JUST opened today (Thursday)...give it a week or two or three before you see anything major on the official disney page. Also, remember the floats aren't too different (just minus the bubble and added a decorated archway of some kind is in their place). They look quite lovely! ;D
*Tommy

WishesFan

That's okay--at this point I just want to hear the music. Thanks for the reply, Tommy!

Have a great day,
-Rick

ToTnut

I'll be up to see the new parade in two weeks. I'm so excited! ;D Does anyone have pictures yet.......anyone know the lyrics?
*Tad