Epcot Japan Tin Toy Stories

David S.

Back when the gallery had the Tin Toy Stories exhibit a few years ago, I really enjoyed the music, especially one track in particular. While this is probably old news to the experts out there, I have found this track.

It is by Japanese synth/ambient pioneer Tomita and called "Arabesque No. 1," which is an interpretation of a piece by Debussy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4r0ntvyOL4

It is on the 1974 Tomita album "Snowflakes Are Dancing" and a few other tracks from the album sound familiar from the gallery as well. I am unsure if the new gallery exhibit still uses this music, but I am glad I have solved the mystery of another favorite WDW BGM track! :)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Unfortunately, the gallery no longer uses this loop. I made a reference recording a while back and was only able to identify three songs, although there are others I wasn't able to identify at the time. If anyone is a collector of Tomita and wants to try, let me know. It's a live recording full of background noise.

- Passepied
- Golliwogg's Cakewalk
- Arabesque No. 1

One of the other tracks may be Space Children in the Underground Kingdom Called Agharta.

This sounds like a project for Jay!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I should point out that a few of these tracks are also used in the (excellent) Tomorrowland loop used at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. This loop is one of my favorite WDW loops. I wish it was used year round (of course, removing the unused Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade cue).

EDIT: I'm pulling this one out of storage and loading it on my iPod. The Magic Kingdom is already installing the Halloween decorations, so I guess it's time to pull out all of my recordings from the Halloween party.