EPCOT Center - 25th Anniversary BGM

Horizons

Playlist Author
Just so there is documentation in the archives, set forth below is the track list of the EPCOT 25th Anniversary BGM. The loop was used as the entrance BGM for the day, played before the rededication ceremony, and was played throughout the park after Illuminations. My induction recording is up on Rodentsections. C33 made the track listing below.

Energy (Epcot Entrance Music)
We've Just Begun to Dream
Illuminations 25A - We've Just Begun to Dream
New Horizons
Tomorrow's Child
One Little Spark
The Living Seas Main Theme
Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
Magic Journeys
World of Motion - Future City
It's Fun to Be Free
Makin' Memories
Kitchen Kabaret Medley
Listen to the Land (The Land Exterior Area Music Version)
Listen to the Land (Attraction Version)
Splashtacular
Surprise in the Skies
Horizons - Space
Universe of Energy
Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand

EDIT: The BGM that plays in the exhibit is different from the tracklist above. Perhaps the content is the same, but the track order is different. While an induction recording does not appear possible, I'll at least try and determine if there is different content between the loops.

BLM07

Those Splashtacular tracks were the first thing I heard going to the park on October 1. I was very surprised that they were playing them. Then I heard Space from Horizons, the original Energy entrance track & We've Just Begun To Dream, I was in shock for the next couple of hours. All the fans and the retro music... it was really amazing. I honestly wasn't expecting them to play anything special at all.

Splashtacular / It's Magical: What came first Epcot or Tokyo, don't know, but I do remember in the 90s looking for that weird robot dinosaur behind the bushes after the show.

almandot

Tokyo's 10th anniversary was in 1993. Epcot's splashtacular is listed as coming out 1993 on one site but I have no idea.

And I get the feeling they write major show songs with both English and Japanese lyrics too.. But the thing is this show in Tokyo was entirely in english. Song lyrics, character dialogue, everything. So it's not like they made a japanese version and then epcot's was the backup english version.

The biggest thing that makes me think it was made for tokyo is the fight with the dragon. Fantasmic had just come out the year before and it seems like Tokyo's idea to make a show with mickey fighting the dragon there, and that this was the original intent for the show. But I dunno. :)

Gurgitoy2

Actually, I really don't know which came first. I always assumed that Tokyo's did, since it seemed like it arrived in early (April) 1993. "Splashtacular", I thought, came out later, and was even playing in 1994. I wonder if the parks collaborated on this, and wrote it intentionally for both. Other than "One Man's Dream", it's the only show I can think of that played TDL and US parks at the same time. Well, maybe "Cinderellabration" in 2005...for about a minute...

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello All:

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a track list for the EPCOT Center Anniversary Exhibit? I have viewed a couple videos, so I can identify some tracks:

in the following order:

Magic Journeys (Entrance Area Version)
Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
One Little Spark

and at some other point in the loop and also in the following order:

New Horizons
Kitchen Kabaret Medley

Any information that can satisfy my curiousity will be appreciated!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I can think of one person that may have done it. I'll check and let you know.

I looked for ways to do a recording, but the speakers are way out of reach.

BLM07

Interesting that the music is in a different order there. I don't think there was anything really exclusive played in the loop though.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Found a video posted by WDW News Today that features almost an hour in the 25th Anniversary Exhibit. Based on that recording, it appears the loop ran approximately 34:00 and featured the following tracks in order:

01. Energy (Entrance Area Music)
02. Listen to the Land
03. Space
04. It's Fun to Be Free (Soft Shoe / Roaring 20s Medley)
05. Magic Journeys (Entrance Area Music)
06. Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
07. One Little Spark
08. New Horizons
09. Kitchen Kabaret Medley
10. Universe of Energy
11. Makin' Memories
12. Golden Dreams (Entrance Area Music)