Electrical Water Pageant

Dave

water pageant music

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum so with that said, does anyone know if the music for the Electrical Water Pageant (original version) is available anywhere? If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

>Thanks, Dave...

Re:water pageant music

Does anybody have Don's promo CD? I would love a CD to CD copy of this. I have lots to trade for. Let me know,
Louis Gonzalez

D

DisneyFanatic001

Here's a link for info on Don Dorsey CDs available. [link updated 07-09-09 by Admin]

Of special note is his CD titled "Busted" which includes the music from Epcot's Laser/Fireworks Lagoon Spectaculars from 1983 to 1987 ("The Festival of Festivals")

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

For all of the gory details about the Don Dorsey promo,
http://www.magicmusic.net/archive/index.cgi?read=10691 (posted nearly three years ago!).

In short, the demo CD contains the following five selections from the Festival of Festivals (Lagoon Spectacular), whereas the "Busted" CD contains only four of them:

THE FESTIVAL OF FESTIVALS (LAGOON SPECTACULAR)
1. Fanfare
2. Celebrations on Land
3. Spectacles on Water
4. Great Parades and Pageants ** demo CD only **
5. Revelries in Pyrotechnics

SharonKurland

For the record, the store where Doug Lacey found the CD, Rock and Roll Heaven, in Orlando, is still open. I've never been there myself, but I just did a search and it's still listed in the phone book.

-Sharon-

EWP Version 1 was released on a 7" record w/ almost the same design on it as was used for the MSEP the only real differences are the pictures & the logo, The EWP writing has a yellow background while the MSEP has red. The EWP disc has popped up on ebay a few times.

Dave

Just wanted to say thank you to all that replied to my message. I'm sure the information you all provided for me will be a great help. :)

>Thanks again, Dave...

bkoerner

Hi all...I'm a newbie to this group. I joined because you folks seem like the types who could answer this question.

I'm looking for the soundtrack used in the Electric Water Pageant at the Seven Seas Lagoon in the early 1980's. I have found only fragments of info on websites.

I have found the original Baroque Hoedown version of the pageant (the original inspiration to the Main Street Electrical Parade) on Youtube. But I swear that as a child, I clearly remember hearing Handel's Water Music in the synthesized style.

Was this the case? Was there interim music used before the current Little Mermaid tracks? If so, is it available anywhere for purchase or download?

It is a very fond audio memory of mine...along with Jack Wagner on the monorails, and the echo of the slamming doors in the Grand Canyon Concourse....

Thanks...BK

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Hi all...I'm a newbie to this group. I joined because you folks seem like the types who could answer this question.

I'm looking for the soundtrack used in the Electric Water Pageant at the Seven Seas Lagoon in the early 1980's. I have found only fragments of info on websites.

I have found the original Baroque Hoedown version of the pageant (the original inspiration to the Main Street Electrical Parade) on Youtube. But I swear that as a child, I clearly remember hearing Handel's Water Music in the synthesized style.

Was this the case? Was there interim music used before the current Little Mermaid tracks? If so, is it available anywhere for purchase or download?

It is a very fond audio memory of mine...along with Jack Wagner on the monorails, and the echo of the slamming doors in the Grand Canyon Concourse....

Thanks...BK
Welcome to the board, BK! :p

It's possible that you're after Don Dorsey's "The Festival of Festivals" as featured on his Telarc CD "Busted" (tracks 24-27) and with one additional track on his promotional CD. The Amazon page doesn't appear to have samples but the Telarc page does.

BTW, this topic was briefly discussed before: [topic="1018"]LINK[/topic] (uh oh, did I just give Jay another excuse to merge topics!??!)

Gurgitoy2

It's possible that you're after Don Dorsey's "The Festival of Festivals" as featured on his Telarc CD "Busted" (tracks 24-27) and with one additional track on his promotional CD. The Amazon page doesn't appear to have samples but the Telarc page does.
I thought "Festival of Festivals" was actually EPCOT's Laserphonic Fantasy? They shared some similarities, but the Electrical Water Pageant track is different. I don't know if that's shown up on CD yet.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I thought "Festival of Festivals" was actually EPCOT's Laserphonic Fantasy? They shared some similarities, but the Electrical Water Pageant track is different. I don't know if that's shown up on CD yet.
Yes, "Festival of Festivals" is "the synthesized score for the 1982 opening of Disney's EPCOT? Center in Florida. The music was used for the soundtrack of EPCOT's Laser/Fireworks Lagoon Spectaculars from 1983 to 1987, and encompasses music from Bach and Handel to Wagner, Strauss, and Stravinsky", as the Telarc page states. However, through prior discussions here and elsewhere, it seems generally accepted that the music on the Telarc and promo CDs is the EWP music. I too have been confused by this for many years and honestly didn't explore it further. But I certainly don't wish to spread false information and would be interested in learning more about the differences between the two sets of music.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Wasn't there an record of the music from Electrical Water Pageant sold? I don't know the history of the EWP, but I believe there were three versions of the music, and this one was the first.

mmmfan

Wasn't there an record of the music from Electrical Water Pageant sold? I don't know the history of the EWP, but I believe there were three versions of the music, and this one was the first.
I believe this record featured "Baroque Hoedown".

Welcome BK.I remember this version of the EWP.Not all floats used Handel's music.I'm sure the King Neptune float used "Alla Hornpipe" from Watermusic.I don't think this version was released on a record.The only record I know of was the one Seacastle mentioned.As I said,I think that was "Baroque Hoedown".I don't think Dorsey's Festival of Festivals is exactly the same as the EWP track.

Burnsland

I don't think Dorsey's Festival of Festivals is exactly the same as the EWP track.
No, the Festival of Festivals completely different than the Electrical Water Pageant music that Dorsey also recorded. As is alluded to above, the Festival of Festivals was used for the soundtrack of the Laserphonic Fantasy at EPCOT Center. The Laserphonic Fantasy was replaced by the original version of Illuminations, which used some orchestrated versions of some of Dorsey's synthesized arrangements of classical tunes.

I too have been longing to hear the EWP music from the 1980s. It just wasn't the same when they replaced that music with songs from the Little Mermaid.