71iigMCe37L._SX80_.jpg
03. The Sea; The Lagoon 4:40 [✂ to ≈1:34]
Charles Gerhardt & National Philharmonic Orchestra
Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

Horizons

Playlist Author
I need some help identifying some Echo Lake loop music. I have figured out one song was from Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Roy and Gillian on the Road. If I can get any feedback it would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I gave a recording to someone to decipher a tracklist, but I think he hit a wall with respect to some tracks. I'll see if he was able to complete it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I gave a recording to someone to decipher a tracklist, but I think he hit a wall with respect to some tracks. I'll see if he was able to complete it yet.

Here's the listing of the actual recordings featured in the loop:

Echo Lake

mmmfan

I remember hearing the "Kings Row" theme by Korngold in this area. Has this loop ever been changed? Maybe it was removed at some time.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I remember hearing the "Kings Row" theme by Korngold in this area. Has this loop ever been changed? Maybe it was removed at some time.

There isn't any of Korngold's Kings Row in the reference recording I have of the loop. Could it have been in the loop that played in front of the Great Movie Ride at one time, which you may have heard while near Echo Lake? There have been at least two versions of that loop as I recall. Just a guess...

mmmfan

It wasn't the movie ride loop. I was on the other side of the lake facing the dinosaur and looking toward superstar tv. I had heard this theme earlier that year so I knew what it was when I heard it. I don't remember if I was using a video camera.I could then hear it on the audio track. I was pretty sure about this,but maybe it was another theme. I believe this was early 1990s. If you have heard the complete loop, I guess I was wrong. ???

robnshell18

I just wanted to thank you all for posting this; you don't know how little information there is about this area music. The question I had for anybody out there was if they knew the track list for the area at MGM from the Indiana Jones store over to Star Tours? Some of the music is similar to the Echo Lake loop, but there are some differences too (off the top of my head, I know one of them is March of the Slave Children from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). So, I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find this info?

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I don't have any information on that loop, whatever it might be called, but I'm very intrigued!! If it's similar to the Echo Lake loop, I'd love to hear it.

Possibly related question, isn't there a dedicated loop for the IJ stunt spectacular (queue and pre-show) consisting of music from the IJ films solely? Could this be the loop you referring to?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have about 30 minutes of the IJ pre-show music on ALD. It's just the Echo Lake music, or at least tracks from it. I can compare the recording to my Echo Lake recording and confirm.

I am going to start spending time at DHS next weekend checking out things to record. I will look into the IJ - Star Tours music. I had always thought this was the same as Echo Lake, hearing tracks that were the same in the two.

robnshell18

I've heard through other boards about the Echo Lake music, but the Indiana Jones music is news to me. I used to work in the stores around IJ and Star Tours, so every day I'd hear this music, but 10 years after, it's hard to remember the specifics of what played where. I do remember the Star Tours area had it's own dedicated loop--it's probably been updated since than (if anybody has a track list of THAT one, I will love them forever!), so I would imagine the IJ loop would be an interesting listen, as well.

Horizons

Playlist Author
So where between IJ and Star Tours does the "different" BGM play? I am sitting across from Sounds Dangerous and the music appears to be the same as around Echo Lake. I walked between the two areas and the music seems to be synched.

dkrfla

Wednesday I was sitting at one of the tables across from the walled off ABC theatre and I heard a relatively loud music loop playing from behind it. I made a note of the tracks playing and looked it up when I got home and found it to be what I have listed as the Great Movie Ride Area Music. Can anyone confirm this and if so what would we call that area music loop? Also I was wondering if the Entrance Music to DHS has changed at all since the name change. I didn't really have time to stop and listen.

Dusty

Horizons

Playlist Author
I believe you are correct. You can hear this loop in front of the attraction, by the ABC Theater, on parts of Hollywood Boulevard, and, finally, on the walkway from Sunset Boulevard, in front of The Hollywood Brown Derby and Starring Rolls Cafe, before entering Animation Courtyard.

I don't know what to call this either.

Regarding the entrance music, it was on my list to record last Sunday, but Disney decided to cut off the sound. So far, nothing else seems to have changed yet, so I am guessing the entrance is the same. I'll be back at MGM on the 24th, so I will check then.

robnshell18

So where between IJ and Star Tours does the "different" BGM play? I am sitting across from Sounds Dangerous and the music appears to be the same as around Echo Lake. I walked between the two areas and the music seems to be synched.

Well, that was prime in the area that I was talking about, so I must've been mistaken. Thank you for checking.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I made a recording and I will compare it to my earlier Echo Lake recording, which I did at a different location, and see if there are any differences.