Early Main Street USA Music [DL]

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello:

I am looking for information about a loop available on Utilidors Audio Broadcasting labeled "Disneyland, Main Street USA - Area Music (1969-1975)." The entire loop runs approx. 55.00. Here is a rough playlist:

01. And the Band Played On

02. Saxema
-- Albert White & the Gaslight Orchestra, Your Father's Moustache Vol. 2

03. Saddle Back

04. Unknown

05. Unknown

06. Unknown

07. Unknown

08. The Old Grey Mare

09. Down at the Barbecue

10. Unknown

11. Unknown

12. Unknown

13. Unknown

14. Unknown

15. Grizzly Bear Rag

16. Unknown

17. Geraldine

18. Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze

19. At a Georgia Camp Meeting

20. Smokey Mokes

21. Unknown

22. Good Old Timers

23. Golden Arrow

24. Unknown

25. Polka by Request

A number of these tracks - including Grizzly Bear Rag, Smokey Mokes, Polka by Request, Geraldine, At a Georgia Camp Meeting - also appeared in Tokyo Disneyland's World Bazaar loop in 1983.

Can anyone confirm that this loop was indeed used at Disneyland between 1969-1975? Are there any live recording from that period available? Was the loop used anywhere else? Does anyone have additional information regarding possible source albums?

As always, any help is tremendously appreciated.

almandot

the disneymusicloops listing has the older main street music as being from 1971-1992.. any source on when any of it actually took place? was there an earlier earlier music loop that you're speaking of that went from sometime until the 71-92 loop started?(whatever year it might have really started)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Wanted to offer a little follow up: Seems there are TWO different Albert White and the Gaslight Orchestra albums released under the title "Your Father's Moustache Vol. 2" Here are the track listings and publishing information for these different albums.

Your Father's Moustache Vol. 2 (#8040)
-- Albert White & the Gaslight Orchestra, Fantasy Records

Side One:

01. Down at the Barbecue
02. Ringmaster Galop
03. Dynamite Rag
04. Cascade of Flowers
05. Operatic Rag
06. At a Georgia Camp Meeting
07. Turkish Towel Rag

Side Two:

01. The Grizzly Bear
02. Whip and Spur Galop
03. Smokey Mokes
04. Geraldine
05. TPG
06. Polka by Request
07. International Rag

Your Father's Moustache Vol. 2 (#M-33008)
-- Albert White & the Gaslight Orchestra, San Francisco Records, 1957 (also seen this distributed under the Barbary Coast label)

Side One:

01. Robert E. Lee
02. Put Your Arms Around Me Honey
03. Wild Cherries
04. Saxema
05. Saddle Back
06. The Old Grey Mare
07. The International Rag
08. Maple Leaf Rag

Side Two:

01. The Fire Brigade
02. Black and White
03. Teddy Trombone
04. Chinatown, My Chinatown
05. Golden Arrow
06. Pretty Baby
07. King Chanticleer
08. Mississippi Cabaret

If anyone has additional information regarding these albums, please let me know.

Emcduck

Playlist Author
I was out working on my music again, and came across something that "Just Might" interest you.

Everyone of course knows that Albert White and his Gaslight Orchestra was used for Main Street from 1971 - 1992. I certainly remember it from being a kid at Disneyland California.

This of us who are into the music know that the music used was from A Vinyl Record Called "Your Father's Mustache." Well, I found the next best thing. iTunes and Amazon are selling Albert White and his Gaslight Orchestra's [I]Alexander's Ragtime Band[/I]. The happy news is that the album has all but one track used in that old playlist. It is only missing Maple Leaf Rag. Just thought I would share.

61MjY0Rtc9L._AA200_.jpg

Buy this album: :cd-na: [sp] [itunes=alexanders-ragtime-band/id475656167?i=475656191] [sp] [mp3=B0060SLFZK]

Paul

Somewhat related question: on "Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland", is any of the music original Main Street (or Disneyland) area music or was is just disney created music for the allbum?

Emcduck

Playlist Author
Let me take a listen and I'll get back to you.

Emcduck

Playlist Author
OK, the music heard on walt Disney Takes you to Disneyland: Overture - Mainstreet, U.S.A. :

In this case relying solely on my memory of trips in 1968, 1969 and 1970...

Prior to the train whistle, that is a definite no, not played. Same for the George Bruns music playing in the back ground while Walt is speaking.

The music heard after the start of the Horsecar...
Those are different versions of "Meet Me on Main Street." Including one by brass band.

While not something I heard as background music, I did hear the Dapper Dans sing it once, and I did once hear the Disneyland Band play it while marching down mainstreet. So the music was there, but not as BGM.

There is a version of it from the Mellomen on Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth (2005) And on A Musical History of Disneyland boxed set.