Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Parade (downloads)

BLM07

Huge thanks! I've been looking for this for a while, and I've got the song stuck in my head every time I heard the 30 second clip, and now I've got the full thing in stereo! Was the soundtrack for the entire parade the one song? Was the parade in both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom?

Thanks again!

If my memory serves me right, yes. The first time (that I can remember) that an entire parade stopped in route to perform a routine was Mickey's 50th Birthday parade in 1978; which, at Disneyland, had the same 5 stops used today: Small World Mall, Matterhorn Way, the Hub, Main Street and Town Square. However, for Donald's 50th, I don't recall it stopping. It was just that one song over and over. It's a great tune and it was one of the better songs to dance to -- it's got a lot of spunk and energy. The parade was at both parks.

http://www.disneypix.com/potw/122002.htm

http://www.giveneyestosee.com/donald50/

Disney1971

Wow! I vividly remember that parade. I was 14 when we were there. Now I live in Florida and work at Walt Disney World.

OMG! I absolutely love this song!! I always hear it at the "Happiest Birthdays on Earth" parties@ Disneyland. This parade truly must have been a great one! It sounds so fantastic & upbeat and very magical and I had a previous recording of this parade and the audio was kinda damaged, but the audio is so much better than the one i have (crystal clear audio) It sounds as if the parade was brand new on CD!!! Now i must ask if it were possible to have some of these other parade's available for download???

Disneyland's 30th Parade
Totally Minnie Parade
Blast to the Past
Mickey's 50th Parade
State Fair Parade
Snow Whites 50th Anniversay Parade

if we could possibly have 1 download a week that would be fantastic and people could finally get a hold of these wonderful, but not forgotten parades of Disneyland history! Anyone else agree?

I remember working in Frontierland/Liberty Square Ops and doing crowd control for this thing every day! I loved it!

Remember the 50 ducks on the lead float, each with the nametag on their collar? The initial plan was to have them all walk the parade route, following Donald, but between the hot pavement and potential for kids tossing popcorn to them and sidetracking them, that idea was quickly (and wisely) shelved!

Shawn

:eek: HOLY COW!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I have been looking for this since I saw it in person in the mid 80's and I've asked for this serval times on this board as well. I have since about worn out my VHS copy of the DD50th TV special that aired in 1984 and just happened to watch it last month again while transfering it to DVD. Awesome!

Now if I can only get the entire WDW 15th Anniversary Parade I can R.I.P.

Thanks again!!!!

?o?

Shawn

Thanks for the links, but I already had the live version :-

Awesome of you to check though!

The source is out there somewhere.....20 years later though..I thought I should give up..but this Donald Duck 50th showing up has given me hope! :D

Now i must ask if it were possible to have some of these other parade's available for download???

Disneyland's 30th Parade
Totally Minnie Parade
Blast to the Past
Mickey's 50th Parade
State Fair Parade

if we could possibly have 1 download a week that would be fantastic and people could finally get a hold of these wonderful, but not forgotten parades of Disneyland history! Anyone else agree?

I think that's a great idea, however I'm still new to this forum and a little cautious about posting music files. It's a given that copyrighted material from CDs and DVDs is forbidden, but what about the lost and obscure stuff that probably will never be sold commercially -- like the files that I've posted (which I'm doing exclusively with Magic Music since my attempts to connect with the usergroups has been futile, and I like the maturity and intelligence of this group). I've been trying to get a sense for what's available, comparing it to my collection and posting the stuff that people don't have. I'm assuming this OK since no one has chimed in and said otherwise. That said, I do have Mickey's 50th Parade and would be more than happy to provide the link.

As far as I can tell Magic Music doesn't have a FAQ or policy on the site, only the YaBB help page (unless I missed something when I registered). If anyone can shed a little more light on this subject that would great -- Thanks!

X-S Tech

if we could possibly have 1 download a week that would be fantastic
Er.... perhaps whatever you can get around to uploading, whenever you have the time, is fine and more than appreciated Squalls Ahead. 1 a week, or 1 every 3 months, we appreciate it :)

trentino

I've kind of let this board be self-regulated, and for the most part, so far so good. I'd prefer that the site be used primarily for discussion of Disney music rather than as a clearing house for file sharing. I appreciate the odd rarity just as much as anyone and especially enjoyed the Donald Duck 50th tracks. There have been a few things linked lately (such as the Diana Ross tracks) that I did not know existed. I'm not at the point where I want to completely ban links to music files but at the same time, I don't want every file floating around out there posted.

Perhaps if you know that what you wish to share is not available anywhere else (such as the Donald Duck 50th tracks), you may want to discuss the rarity here. I guess I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks,
Trent
Webmaster, The Magical Music of the Mouse

almandot

I know Disney would disagree, but I think when Jack Wagner is laying tracks for a stage show being held in your own backyard that haven't seen the light of day in decades and you post it on magicmusic.net... kudos to you ;)

tcsnwhite

Now i must ask if it were possible to have some of these other parade's available for download???

Disneyland's 30th Parade
Totally Minnie Parade
Blast to the Past
Mickey's 50th Parade
State Fair Parade

I think that's a great idea, however I'm still new to this forum and a little cautious about posting music files. It's a given that copyrighted material from CDs and DVDs is forbidden, but what about the lost and obscure stuff that probably will never be sold commercially -- like the files that I've posted (which I'm doing exclusively with Magic Music since my attempts to connect with the usergroups has been futile, and I like the maturity and intelligence of this group). I've been trying to get a sense for what's available, comparing it to my collection and posting the stuff that people don't have. I'm assuming this OK since no one has chimed in and said otherwise. That said, I do have Mickey's 50th Parade and would be more than happy to provide the link.

As far as I can tell Magic Music doesn't have a FAQ or policy on the site, only the YaBB help page (unless I missed something when I registered). If anyone can shed a little more light on this subject that would great -- Thanks!

For the most part, I think posting some of these rare obscure entertainment files is probably ok. We are a pretty tight community here, and as long as it is just a few things like this and not massive file-sharing, its probably ok.
Again, THANK YOU so much Squalls Ahead for posting these great tracks. I am a DL ent. junkie, and love hearing old-school disney show music. If you do feel ok with it, if you have some more of the parade songs, that would be great! I would love to hear DL's 30th if you have it.

tcsnwhite

^Oh, I know! I completely agree with Trent's post, and I fully acknowledge that he is the administrator. I simply thought I would chime in and give my perspective on it, and I wasn't trying to take anything away from Trent's post. I love that Squalls Ahead contributes some very rare pieces of music with us, and I was simply letting him know that I appreciate it, and if it is ok and appropriate that he would feel comfortable to maybe share a little bit more. Thats all. sorry. :-[

Trent,

Thank-you for explaining your concerns -- well said. I really appreciate your efforts to maintain Magic Music; to make it a reputable site within the Internet community, and I don't want to jeopardize the relationship that you have with Disney and other affiliates.

I've registered 'squallsahead' as a domain. In the future, I will create links to my media files on that site and then post a message here to inform the group of the new uploads -- all of which I will do in moderation. This way the individual file links will not be directly connected to this site.

Thanks again for making Magic Music one of the best Disney discussion groups on the Net!

-Jim