DLRP Main Street Music - What is it?

metrognomes

Hi!

I hope you can help!

At the Disneyland Park in Paris, there's a particular piece of music that they play on Main Street. I have never heard it in the other parks, although I'd be interested to know if it's played elsewhere.

It starts with a piano and is rather chromatic / dischordant until the refrain comes in. To me it sounds like a blend of Rag / early Dixieland / Skiffle and completely evokes what Main Street USA means to me! I have managed to find an MP3 of the music online at http://som.ewapps.com. The tune is here: http://som.ewapps.com/dlp/mainstreet/DLP%20Mainstreet7.mp3 Note: File is 2.5Mb

I would dearly like to get hold of the sheet music of this piece so I can learn to play it properly on the piano - I have picked out some of the notes, but it's a bit gappy and without knowing the name of the piece...

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks for reading, Luci :)

DavidG

This is floating around on the web as part of the US parks' "Main Street Cinema" music along with some similar tracks, so I'd guess that's where it originally came from (theme park-wise, at least -- it's probably needledrop).

I'm afraid I don't have a title or sheet music, though.

The music source from Disneyland's & Walt Disney World's Main Street Cinema was a 1958 album by Columbia Records called "Rides, Rapes & Rescues"

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

on a side note: The Main Street Cinema originaly showed old non-Disney silent films.......between music numbers, a "projection booth operator" would call out various things, like "The managment of the house kinda asks....." of "ladies please remove you hats so that everyone may enjoy.etc.etc......." In the early 80's when the attraction format (done for Tokyo Disneyland first) was changed to early Mickey Mouse cartoons, only the music remained. Today, Disneyland is the only park with a fully operating Main Street Cinema, as the others have been taken up by retail space.

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER