A cool new mix of Splash Mountain featuring Hilary and Hailey Duff
The Small World Clock by B5
Welcome to Tomorrowland by Everlife
Honey I Shrunk the Audience by Smashmouth
A Space Mountain cover by Marilyn Manson
Bug?s Life Suite by Weird Al Yankovich and his all Kazzoo Orchestra
Mike and Sully To the Rescue by The Disney Channel Circle of Stars
and Remember Dreams Come True by The Cheetah Girls

If I?m right, this album would sooooo ROCK!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is there honestly only one new track over two discs?

Ok, I have had a little sleep now.

Maliboomer, you have got to realize that the OA sets are created for the average family who visits the parks maybe once every couple of years and wants to remember the rides they were on. When they get home they can relive those memories. And most of those memories are the popular rides. OA music will not change often, since the rides do not change often.

Now we as lovers of Disney music and the theme park music in particular need to realize that the OA disc are for the larger audience. We are blessed the Randy was at the helm to create this and other gems such as the 6 CD Musical History of DL.

I had the pleasure of meeting, listening and talking to Randy at the convention and I can tell you he has a passion for his work!! He is very humble about his work, but I think he deserves our praise and support!!
We have a great advocate in WDR!!

X-S Tech

I know I know, this is going to sound like Randy buttkissing, but honestly, the 6CD set and last years 2disc set, covered the existing attractions so thouroughly, what would you really add? I can think of plenty of pieces that are unreleased that I would love to see on a new album, but if I were in the position to really create an album that represented the current music of the Park, I would pretty much put together what Randy has.

almandot

It's not so much the attraction selection, it's the song.. I'd love winnie the pooh to have the voices from the ride. Same with Buzz Lightyear and Tower of Terror. Just a guess but I'm betting the monsters inc track is instrumental. Instrumentals are probably favorites of quite a few music loving members here but ride throughs are fun especially when it's only been instrumentals up to then, and vice versa of course. Also, when the 50th cd sets were released, space mountain wasn't finalized. Now it is. We have the complete Giacchiano score he allowed to be played on that radio podcast, and we have the smaller clip of the same score from the 50th cd, but I'd love a mix with the show elements. The splash mountain ride through was great but then they had that alternate Sooner or Later segment. I'd like to get an official copy with the part actually in the ride.

And then of course there's PoD and Block party, and I guess red tape is knocking those out of the realm of possibility forever. I'd rather have had a PoD cd on its own but now that seems even more unlikely. How about the preparade song though, happiest place on earth? I love that song and there's nowhere to get it from currently.

This all seems like stuff that's currently in the park and would attractive to both the average family and the fanatic. shrug.

Is there honestly only one new track over two discs?

Ok, I have had a little sleep now.

Maliboomer, you have got to realize that the OA sets are created for the average family who visits the parks maybe once every couple of years and wants to remember the rides they were on. When they get home they can relive those memories. And most of those memories are the popular rides. OA music will not change often, since the rides do not change often.

Now we as lovers of Disney music and the theme park music in particular need to realize that the OA disc are for the larger audience. We are blessed the Randy was at the helm to create this and other gems such as the 6 CD Musical History of DL.

I had the pleasure of meeting, listening and talking to Randy at the convention and I can tell you he has a passion for his work!! He is very humble about his work, but I think he deserves our praise and support!!
We have a great advocate in WDR!!

So, after sifting through all the PR butt-kisssing, the answer in short would be "yes, there's only one new song."

Look. I do not at all believe in fluffing things, and if I have an opinion of something, I let it be known popular or un. I'm honestly tired of the "you have to realize who they are made for" excuse. Just like Almandot very well pointed out, there's plenty of variations that can be made while still including the staple classic attractions. The point is it is the *exact same* tracks released over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Am I trying to make enemies? Absolutely not. But I for one do not feel like I need to suck up just because Randy Thornton reads this board. Just to specify yet again as I did about the WDW Album - if the tracks were NEW, I would PURCHASE it. If what Almandot suggested happened, and different versions of the songs were there, perhaps with on-ride SFX, character vocals, etc, I would PURCHASE it. But I say here in front of you, Randy and everyone else that I will not purchase *yet another* identical release. This, as the WDW album, has become a very obvious addition to the "download it" list because it's *just not worth the money*. The WDW Album was bad enough, but come on - ONE new / unique track? That's embarassing at best.

While I fully expect a swarm of fluff replies praising Randy, and that's fine if kissing up is your style, you all have to admit deep down that what is being said by Almandot and supported by myself is *completely* correct. Include different versions of tracks from the main attractions. Don't just cut / past the mp3 onto a new disc and keep raising the price. Not to mention that Randy himself said the proper version of Splash Mountain would be on this album (opposed to the unused alternate Sooner or Later track on the 50th). Since no one has mentioned this, is it safe to assume that never happened as well?

X-S Tech

First off we don't have specific info yet on any of the tracks, so we don't know if Splash is new or if Pirates has been redone.

At least online right? Welcome to the internet where common social values disappear! I doubt you'd say any of this to Randy to his face. Oh you might give him your opinon, but if you're a decent person I'm betting it wouldn't be as righteously pissed off when speaking to him face to face. He's one man trying to work within the system, and he's made a lot of progress in the last few years. While I agree with a lot of what's said here, I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to go up to someone and tell him that after all the effort they put forth to release what was released, that it wasn't good enough. It's rude in person AND online.

Well it's the exact same tracks released last year and again this year. Most of what was on the OA last year were all new mixes, so this is the first repeat of those releases.

There were 9 new tracks! Is it Disney's fault you had downloaded them before they were officially released?You know Walt Disney Records cannot release a brand new album every year. There is only so much time and money available. But with a few (9?) new tracks being added every year, eventually you get a lot of new stuff released. The music is getting out there- you obviously have no problems downloading it, what do you care? Next year there'll be a new track or two and you'll download them, and you'll complain about how there's only two new tracks. Hey if you hadn't downloaded the 2007 tracks you'd have 11 new tracks. You're getting the stuff, and sounds like you're getting it for free. Don't complain to Randy because you wanted a few more freebies.

tcsnwhite

It's not so much the attraction selection, it's the song.. I'd love winnie the pooh to have the voices from the ride. Same with Buzz Lightyear and Tower of Terror. Just a guess but I'm betting the monsters inc track is instrumental. Instrumentals are probably favorites of quite a few music loving members here but ride throughs are fun especially when it's only been instrumentals up to then, and vice versa of course. Also, when the 50th cd sets were released, space mountain wasn't finalized. Now it is. We have the complete Giacchiano score he allowed to be played on that radio podcast, and we have the smaller clip of the same score from the 50th cd, but I'd love a mix with the show elements. The splash mountain ride through was great but then they had that alternate Sooner or Later segment. I'd like to get an official copy with the part actually in the ride.

And then of course there's PoD and Block party, and I guess red tape is knocking those out of the realm of possibility forever. I'd rather have had a PoD cd on its own but now that seems even more unlikely. How about the preparade song though, happiest place on earth? I love that song and there's nowhere to get it from currently.

This all seems like stuff that's currently in the park and would attractive to both the average family and the fanatic. shrug.

I have to agree with Almandot on this one. I would have to say that if these are the new tracks on the cds, it is disappointing when it comes to SHOW and PARADE music.

It becomes more and more disappointing year after year when I see all the other resorts release more and more show and parade music (even dedicating full discs to just that), and then at Disneyland, hardly any of that gets released whatsoever.

I understand what many are saying when they say that the OA's are meant to appeal to the large public that goes to DL. But show and parade music- especially the THEMES to these productions- are just as much a part of someone's day at the park as Mansion or Pirates.
I love the attraction as much as the next person, but truly- how many versions of Pirates and Mansion and so on and so on can we have? Quite a few of those have full cds dedicated to them already!

If the show/parade productions couldn't get their own cd releases, at least the THEME to the paticular show/parade could be featured on the OA's. Welcome (show stop), Celebrate (parade portion) to BPB, the "Happiest Place on Earth" pre-parade song, and a few others. They honestly do not run that long, and wouldn't take up a ton of room on the OA's. It would be nice.

Now, I know the issue is that there are all sorts of rights/contract issues with show and parade music that makes it somehow different from the attraction music, and thus it can't get released on to a cd. I have talked about this at length with Randy, and I do understand that it is not an easy situation. And I am NOT trying to put any blame on Randy whatsoever. I truly think he is an AMAZING man and I don't know what we would do without him.

I just think it is time that the Disneyland Resort- and whoever works on the contracts/rights with show and parade music- gets their act together and start making a change. People want this music, they ask for it ALL the time in the 20th century music shop, and I truly do not understand why they can't do it and ALL the other resorts do! (well, Hong Kong hasn't stepped up yet- hopefully they will)

ok, rant over.
Overall, Randy is the best, I truly thank him for his wonderful work, and always look forward to what is next.
But, I will say that it is disappointing (again) when looking at the new OA's track listing and no parade/show themes. still, I will probably be buying the album. =)

Just last week I purchased the WDW OA. Was I happy that it had 9 new tracks? yes. Was I happy with the selections? somewhat. Will I buy the next one? yes. What is the chance I've acquired a bunch of the music/sounds that may be considered for release in the future? high. Will I continue to purchase the new stuff? absolutely!

Do I want parade, show and attraction music? But of course I do! I want it all and I'm willing to pay for it!

How do I try to get this music released? I visit guest relations at least twice a day when @ WDW and politely request more music to be released on OA's. I also hand write letters to all the executives asking for more music. A couple of years ago I was able to talk Lee Cockrell for about 20 min on the phone and he said he would talk with his peers and express what I requested.

Obliviously, I didn't have any influence. However, I still write my letters, visit guest relations and purchase the new OA's. But hey, that's just me and my two cents.

Enjoy life and Disney music,

-Chuck

BLM07

I'm not excited about the album either, but enough with the same old blah blah blah....

Beautiful Beulah by Hanna Montana
Sooner Or Later by Raven
A cool new mix of Splash Mountain featuring Hilary and Hailey Duff
The Small World Clock by B5
Welcome to Tomorrowland by Everlife
Honey I Shrunk the Audience by Smashmouth
A Space Mountain cover by Marilyn Manson
Bug?s Life Suite by Weird Al Yankovich and his all Kazzoo Orchestra
Mike and Sully To the Rescue by The Disney Channel Circle of Stars
and Remember Dreams Come True by The Cheetah Girls

Haha those were freakin great!

almandot

Question out of curiousity... has Disneyland(in Anaheim) ever had a parade album released besides the electrical parade? I know tracks from parades have appeared on collections(such as light magic on the OA one year). But have any other parades gotten their own album for a complete release in the history of Disneyland parades? And during the parade's run for that matter? Just a random thought that occured to me when reading this thread :p

This is an actual honest question, btw.

X-S Tech

Mmmmm the only possibility I can think of is the America on Parade,... er Parade. Didnt that have an album?

So, after sifting through all the PR butt-kisssing, the answer in short would be "yes, there's only one new song."

The topic of this discussion was to find out what the track listing was. I was able to provide that for you. I actually do not know if there is more than one new song, but I felt I needed to chime in with my opinion also

Look. I do not at all believe in fluffing things, and if I have an opinion of something, I let it be known popular or un. I'm honestly tired of the "you have to realize who they are made for" excuse. Just like Almandot very well pointed out, there's plenty of variations that can be made while still including the staple classic attractions. The point is it is the *exact same* tracks released over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

I think my point stands in that these OA albums are not made for us in particular...but for the average park goer, who may not buy an album a year, but make the majority of people who buy them along with the other park souveniers.

Am I trying to make enemies? Absolutely not. But I for one do not feel like I need to suck up just because Randy Thornton reads this board. Just to specify yet again as I did about the WDW Album - if the tracks were NEW, I would PURCHASE it. If what Almandot suggested happened, and different versions of the songs were there, perhaps with on-ride SFX, character vocals, etc, I would PURCHASE it. But I say here in front of you, Randy and everyone else that I will not purchase *yet another* identical release. This, as the WDW album, has become a very obvious addition to the "download it" list because it's *just not worth the money*. The WDW Album was bad enough, but come on - ONE new / unique track? That's embarassing at best.

Ah heck Maliboomer, you do not make enemies here on this board :) This is the Disney Music Discussion Board after all, and I appreciate "your" passion for the Disney music also (how is that for butt-kissing ;D)

I can understand your not buying the new album if you have most of the tracks already.

Correct me if I'm wrong makeminemusic, but did you not say you have a copy of the new album? Perhaps it was someone else, but I for some reason thought it was you who said that Randy gave a copy too. I am admittedly too lazy to read back through the thread to verify that.

Assuming it was you, why not listen through the album and settle once and for all if any of the standard tracks are new versions or same-old same-old. Four that would especially come to mind are Splash Mountain (Dose it have the actual pre-C Lift music?), Pirates (Is it current? Ok so that one is laughable.) Space Mountain (Is it the full dispatch to brakes track that we all got off the 'net, or the clip from the 50th set?) and Remember (Julie Andrews or new narrator?)

The topic of this discussion was to find out what the track listing was. I was able to provide that for you. I actually do not know if there is more than one new song, but I felt I needed to chime in with my opinion also

I think my point stands in that these OA albums are not made for us in particular...but for the average park goer, who may not buy an album a year, but make the majority of people who buy them along with the other park souveniers.

Ah heck Maliboomer, you do not make enemies here on this board :) This is the Disney Music Discussion Board after all, and I appreciate "your" passion for the Disney music also (how is that for butt-kissing ;D)

I can understand your not buying the new album if you have most of the tracks already.

tcsnwhite

^I don't think Remember...Dreams Come True has a new narrator. It is still Julie, they just edited a few words here and there to take out the 50th references.

^I don't think Remember...Dreams Come True has a new narrator. It is still Julie, they just edited a few words here and there to take out the 50th references.

Oh! That's nice to hear. She's a very fitting narrator for Disney shows. So then remove new narrator to simply new narration in my original question.

Correct me if I'm wrong makeminemusic, but did you not say you have a copy of the new album? Perhaps it was someone else, but I for some reason thought it was you who said that Randy gave a copy too. I am admittedly too lazy to read back through the thread to verify that.

Assuming it was you, why not listen through the album and settle once and for all if any of the standard tracks are new versions or same-old same-old. Four that would especially come to mind are Splash Mountain (Dose it have the actual pre-C Lift music?), Pirates (Is it current? Ok so that one is laughable.) Space Mountain (Is it the full dispatch to brakes track that we all got off the 'net, or the clip from the 50th set?) and Remember (Julie Andrews or new narrator?)

Well, I admit I do not have many of the recent CDs as I collect mostly vinyl, but having the 50th set I can say most are the same from it. I do not have the California Adventure OA so I cannot say if they are different as this is the first I have heard it.

I had not heard "Season's of the Vine" Napa Rose(4:34) by Broughton before and really enjoyed it!

"Splash Mountain Medley" (10:34) sound the same, ride through songs with ambient spalsh sounds

"Remember Dreams Come True" (17:11) is the same with Julie Andrews

"Welcome to Tomorrowland" (4:10) by Foliart is new to me, but you may have it on another OA

"Space Mountain" (3:11) by Giacchino is nice with prelude (Is that a Theramin?)and countdown to the top.
followed by the ride music and then what seems to be a short off load piece?

By the way, which is the new track you mentioned?

Well, I admit I do not have many of the recent CDs as I collect mostly vinyl, but having the 50th set I can say most are the same from it. I do not have the California Adventure OA so I cannot say if they are different as this is the first I have heard it.

I had not heard "Season's of the Vine" Napa Rose(4:34) by Broughton before and really enjoyed it!

"Splash Mountain Medley" (10:34) sound the same, ride through songs with ambient spalsh sounds

"Remember Dreams Come True" (17:11) is the same with Julie Andrews

"Welcome to Tomorrowland" (4:10) by Foliart is new to me, but you may have it on another OA

"Space Mountain" (3:11) by Giacchino is nice with prelude (Is that a Theramin?)and countdown to the top.
followed by the ride music and then what seems to be a short off load piece?

By the way, which is the new track you mentioned?

Monsters Inc. has never been released (commercially or leaked on the net) so that's the one I'm really hunting for. In a weird way I'd almost rather there *not* be anything new! I was about to finally burn my archive to data DVDs, and now I have to wait for the silly monsters track that I'm missing. Grrr!

Good to hear they bothered to release the *full* space mountain. And yes, the music at the end (which is a bit off pace/tune from the rest of the score) is the idle music on the final brakes into the station.

There's not previously been a "welcome to tomorrowland" released, yet that turned up on the WDW album this year as well. I still frankly don't know where it came from as it's really not a piece of BGM or anything. Weird.

I *hope* you're wrong about Splash Mountain but I have a feeling you're probably not. I've been waiting a year for this one since Randy said it would have the actual song used in the ride sung by the mother rabbits before you reach C-Lift. Oh well. Sigh.

I don't know if the Seasons of Vine thing was released or not. I never really listen to any DCA stuff in my collection.. i just have it because, well, I'm greedy! ;D

X-S Tech

Seasons of the Vine is actually one of the highlights of the DCA Album. I honestly don't know why. I don't even like guitar music, but it's just a very nice Brouhton tune. Does this new album actually say it's from the Napa Rose? That's the Restaurant at the Grand Californian Hotel- the attraction that it's actually from is just called Seasons of the Vine.

That is nice that the Space Mountain score is complete.

As for Welcome to Tomorrowland, I haven't actually sat and listened to the whole Disneyland version of the Tomorrowland Loop. I was under the impression that the only way it differed from the WDW TL loop is that DL's included the Monorail song, but who knows.