DL 50th cd info...ummm kinda

jerm

This just happened got this from AVP at www.mouseplanet.com

Source: Disney press release

LeAnn Rimes records ?Remember When,? the anthem song for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.

As part of the happiest celebration on earth, Disney?s global tribute to the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, Grammy award winning country singing star LeAnn Rimes has recorded the official anthem song of the celebration, ?Remember When.?

The announcement was made today at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank. The song will be featured as part of the new ?Remember? Dreams Come True? fireworks spectacular presented throughout the 18-month anniversary celebration at Disneyland.

?Remember When? will also be a highlight on the new CD, The Official Album of Disneyland?s 50th Anniversary, premiering nationwide on May 3rd from Walt Disney records.

Rimes says, "It is an honor to be able to sing the song for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. I love Disneyland and I love the song... it fits my voice perfectly, and it turned out beautifully."

?Remember When? represents a "homecoming" of sorts for both LeAnn Rimes and Grammy-winning songwriter / producer Richard Marx, who composed and produced the song. Rimes recalls being comforted with a trip to Disneyland at age 8 after losing the Star Search TV talent competition. When she things of DL she says "I think of this lighthearted, childlike place where every on can go and get away from it all - even adults - and just be a kid again"

Marx notes, "As a parent of three sons, having taken them to Disneyland, and seen that sense of magical wonder in their eyes, you get that again - it is just in a different way. So that's what I thought the song should be. It hands down that sense of magical wonder from generation to generation."

In addition to being featured at DL and on the new CD, ?Remember When? will be used within a number of marketing vehicles promoting the 50th anniversary. "We couldn't be more delighted to have LeAnn Rimes provide such a beautiful interpretation of Richard Marx's heartwarming composition." says Michael Mendenhall, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. "This song perfectly captures the memories, delight and wonder that our guests experience when visiting a Disney theme park."

WishesFan

AWESOME!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT! Has anyone heard the song or have the lyrics!? Thanks so much!

-Rick

Gurgitoy2

Well, thank you! It's nice to know that "Welcome" from Brother Bear isn't the official theme song and they went with something new, which is as it should be. Although, I'm sure "Welcome" is still going to feature in the Parade of Dreams soundtrack.

So, I guess that in addition to the 6 disc set being released nationally, the regular Official Album will be as well? That's great news!