DL 50th Anniversary boxed set CANCELLED

Gurgitoy2

>>I find it absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G that Randy has made this what it is. Can you believe that it will be released nationally? And that there are so many versions? This seems like the thing that Disney would just keep chipping away at until we had a new 1 disc special album maybe with a lenticular cover.

Like I said, absolutley amazing. >i've been waiting for the golden question but, i don't see it yet so,

How much will the disc set cost?

Correction:

The so-called 2-disc CD set is going to be an updated "Walt Disney World Official Album", as Randy stated last year.

X-S Tech

I don't remember the exact price for the 6 disc set but I know it is well over $100. Keep in mind this has a beautifully bound book, the aforementioned record, and attractive collectors case.

Whew!!! I haven't been on the site for a few days, and this is the greeting I get! A very scary headline--blood pressure is back down--but after hearing from Randy himself over the past months of his deep involvement in the project, a cancellation really seemed impossible to believe.....but then again, that elusive World's Fair set......

And Randy, I do hope that the "WDW Official Album" is the 2-CD set that's been talked about!

Mike

Gurgitoy2

>>I don't remember the exact price for the 6 disc set but I know it is well over $100. Keep in mind this has a beautifully bound book, the aforementioned record, and attractive collectors case.

X-S Tech

Just guessing but if the nationwide released doesn't have the gold record than it will be a bit cheaper. Not sure but that's what I would expect.

From what I hear, the book is extremely nice. This is not the paperback that came with The Music behind teh magic, it's supposed to be a coffee table quality book. That sort of thing would retail for about $40-$60 alone.

Dr. Know

Wow, what an exciting time this is on the board... so many good things in store for us all in the next few months. And its been dry for sooooo long. ;D

Jim

Jestyr

According to the February 4, 2005 "Disney Newsreel", the release date for the six CD A Musical History of Disneyland will be May 3, 2005.

;D

xfkirsten

Wasn't that a national release date, though? Randy said that it would be available only at Disneyland for a short while before that.