Disney's Celebrate America!

Horizons

Playlist Author
What's the chance the 10 minute announcement will play this year (at least when I have a recording device with me)? I need that 10m announcement! :)

Does anyone know if they are running the show on July 3rd as well? I heard conflicting stories.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Does anyone know if they are running the show on July 3rd as well?
The Magic Kingdom will show Disney's Celebrate America on both July 3 and 4 at 9:00 PM. This info is straight from The Hub.
And here on the west coast our version will be playing on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (we got more dates because our shows get canceled more frequently- last year they had to stop the show on the 4th right in the middle when the winds picked up).

Horizons

Playlist Author
And here on the west coast our version will be playing on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th (we got more dates because our shows get canceled more frequently- last year they had to stop the show on the 4th right in the middle when the winds picked up).
Get me the 10m announcement in case things go haywire over here. :) I'll be at the Poly and the last few times I've gone, including for the NYE's show, most of the speakers on the beach were silent.

Horizons

Playlist Author
nope but knowing WDW they were probably too cheap to record an announcement and just had an equity performer announce a spiel over the PA
No, there is a 10m announcement. I heard it last year on the only night I did not make a recording of the show. It's recorded but why they decided not to use it, I couldn't say.

I don't believe they used it last night in the Magic Kingdom. I got there about quarter of, and I don't remember hearing it. They did play a 5-minute announcement.

almandot

i found out the fireworks was gonna be like 5 minutes early and was waiting for it to start...

then they played the 10 minute announcement(at what would have been 15 minutes). i thought to myself.. i wonder if Horizons wasn't ready for it? that would just be sad.

Horizons

Playlist Author
then they played the 10 minute announcement(at what would have been 15 minutes). i thought to myself.. i wonder if Horizons wasn't ready for it? that would just be sad.
I had no plans for recording it on the 4th, so if they played it, I missed it again. :lol:

almandot

I had no plans for recording it on the 4th, so if they played it, I missed it again. :lol:

It was a whole little preshow of music beginning with the 10 minute announcement and leading up to the beginning of the show.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It was a whole little preshow of music beginning with the 10 minute announcement and leading up to the beginning of the show.
The music playing after the 10m announcement should be the same as what plays after the 5m announcement. About 4 minutes and 30 seconds worth.

almandot

seemed like they were different. the music never stopped playing after the 10 minute announcement and the song changed a few times but it never repeated back to an earlier song

WDWcrazy

I'm a Noob!
Oh, I'm positive that someone out there has an induction of the announcement as well as the fireworks show. :unsure: