Disneyland's Innoventions Area Loop - question about track

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Hello All:

I hoping someone here can provide information about a track on Utilidors Audio Broadcasting. The track in question is Disneyland's Innoventions Area Loop, running roughly 14:25.

Does anyone know the source of this loop? was it leaked? is it an induction recording?

The end of the loop includes an announcement for Tom Morrow and applause but no Tom Morrow narration.

Any information is appreciated.

Best,
wedroy1923

X-S Tech

It was recorded with an Assisted Listening Device and was an attempt to get one full loop of each zone. The quality was ok- amazing considering the speakers and zones are in constant motion around you ;)

Horizons

Playlist Author
Just curious, how different is the DL Innoventions area loop from EPCOT? Is some (or all) of the same music used?

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
X-S Tech: Thanks for the information. Yeah, for an ALD recording, especially in that circumstance, it is pretty darn good.

Horizons: The DL Innoventions loop is entirely different, composed of slightly different versions of "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" - the "home" version was available on Disneyland Forever.

wedroy1923

X-S Tech

To further expand on what wedroy said, the Innoventions music at DL blows the music at Epcot away. Buddy Baker arranged 2 versions of GBBT for each zone, one interior and one exterior. The exterior versions are bigger and bouncier, and the interior versions are slightly more subdued. They are really great arrrangements, exactly what you'd expect from Buddy Baker. The different versions are hard for me to keep straight, but I know the interior of the entertainment zone incorporates a few bars of "We're the Mouseketeers", and the sports version uses a few bars of the "Medfield Fight song". They are really fun to listen to and, unless you're a big Dance Dance revolution fan, the only reason to go into Innoventions.

Horizons

Playlist Author
So, are there complete recordings of each of the various zones out there? There is the 52 minute "Innoventions BGM" that has been around for a while that has "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" inserted for the "Clockworks" track. Otherwise, I believe it is identical to the version used in Mouse Gears at EPCOT (which runs closer to 55 minutes). I had assumed the GBBT track used here was composed by Russell Brower. However, given the information X-S Tech just furnished, is the GBBT track the same as one of the DL Innoventions versions? I had read somewhere that the 52 minute version was not used in EPCOT, but, rather, was used in DL for a short period of time.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Horizons:

It's my understanding that the 52 minute version of the Brower loop was used in the Disney Gallery during their New Tomorrowland preview exhibit.

Can anyone else add some information?

wedroy1923

X-S Tech

yeah the Brower composed/arranged version of Innoventions was used at the Disney Gallery as part of thier Tomorrowland Exhibit. No part of it was included in Disneyland's Innoventions. The loops that play on the "rings" (the moving portions) of Innoventions, both interior and exterior, were all new arrangements by Buddy Baker. HOWEVER- a year or two ago I did happen to hear one of Russel Browers Epcot Innoventions pieces playing near the Compaq Tree of Technology in the middle of Innoventions. I couldn't tell how long the loop was or which piece was playing, only that it was something from one of his loops. This tree supposedly had two specially composed soundtracks , one for the top and one for the bottom, but Innoventions is such a noisy mess inside, I have never heard anything playing at the tree itself.

almandot

And whenever ASIMO comes out the opening to Fantillusion is played ;)

As far as what's available goes... The exterior loop for the home section was released on that limited edition cd as well as the forever system. There's an induction of Tom Morrow singing There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow as the doors open and all 5 of his talking spiels while inside of the building that guests are supposed to hear right after they come inside. And then I guess there's this 14 minute full induction recording that Damien from Utilidors likely got himself of the exterior loop?

BLM07

Behold... more info about the Innoventions music you could ever need:
http://blm07.dreamhosters.com/wiki/index.p...le=Innoventions
For the Epcot versions - complete tracklistings, timings, and basic background info.

Except for Disneyland's Innoventions :p I could add more info about it later, if anyone finds out specifics.