Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Box Set?

WishesFan

Just to shake things up...

Any rumors about the DL 50th Anniversary Box Set? It?s just killing me!

-Rick

I heard 4 of the discs were filled with out takes , alternates, and demos of "Hollywood Maxwell's The Wizard of Brais"

(note tounge in cheek)

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

X-S Tech

I heard that if you play one of the tracks backwards it sounds like "Paul Pressler is dead, Paul Pressler is dead". A guy told me.

Dr. Know

One of my sources tells me that Disney legal has reared its ugly head again, and as a result, most of the musical selections have been replaced by Randy Thornton playing his harmonica and/or humming.

X-S Tech

Hmmm, you know find it fascinating how often purple there second cast recordings. Ginny Tyler and Dallas Mc Kennon doing voices monkey remember from....long ago. There seem to be many subjects on posts like this....Alice and Lady and the Tramp! LOL! I find though that often Disney being cheap and, not very much though.
Dishwasher.

Your thoughts?

(Dang it I tried to upload a Courtney Thorne Smith pic but the upload folder is full. Oh well)

ex-wdi

Hmmm, you know find it fascinating how often purple there second cast recordings. Ginny Tyler and Dallas Mc Kennon doing voices monkey remember from....long ago. There seem to be many subjects on posts like this....Alice and Lady and the Tramp! LOL! I find though that often Disney being cheap and, not very much though.
Dishwasher.

Your thoughts?

(Dang it I tried to upload a Courtney Thorne Smith pic but the upload folder is full. Oh well)

XS Tech -
I am laughing so hard, milk is shooting out of my nose right now...

We have a few posters like this on tikicentral as well...

Actually, me playing the harmonica and/or singing was considered. But we all felt that the best way to go was to have Hilary Duff do new contemporary covers for all the Disneyland music, narrations, and show speils. :p It's gonna be too cool for school!

Randy Thornton

P.S.
Forgot to mention the Raven bonus track of "Walt's Opening Speech Rap".

xfkirsten

P.S.

I think there needs to be a warning there. "Do not eat popcorn while reading this message." I just shot a kernel through my nose. ;D

atomobile

Speaking of second cast recordings... when I was a kid, I used to HATE those things. I would buy records like the Alice in Wonderland LP, Sleeping Beauty, and park soundtracks such as Haunted Mansion and Pirates, only to find out they weren't the original versions! I wanted the real thing. We'll, fast-forward to today and we finally have the originals available for purchase and now I want the second cast recordings on CD real bad! At least I can get the Alice on the Wonderland 2nd cast. I didn't appreatiate those when they came out simply because they weren't the originals, but now I enjoy the wonderful and different variations in the arrangements, especially if Camarata was involved. And now that we have the original Haunted Mansion ride-thru, who can resist the alternate Ronnie Howard version?
Back to the Disneyland Box set, I love Randy's idea of Raven doing Walt's speach in rap style. Randy, you have GOT to make this happen. Who wants to hear some old 50's recording of Walt anyways? Besides, I heard your harmonica version and I have to say that Raven rapping with some techno beats, 98 degrees humming the background chorus, and maybe even Stevie Wonder doing your harmonica part would kick your version's ass. :)

Louis

Dishwasher.

Your thoughts?

8) You need to go to GOOGLE.COM, IMAGE under COurtney Thorne SMith or Disney's ACCORIDNG TO JIM SITE< or MELROSE PLACE, or ALLY McBEAL, or heck, just slick the pic that I posted..:)

Actually, me playing the harmonica and/or singing was considered. But we all felt that the best way to go was to have Hilary Duff do new contemporary covers for all the Disneyland music, narrations, and show speils. :p It's gonna be too cool for school!

Randy Thornton

P.S.

Yes, and to do a more "Boomer friendly" take (not to mention borrowing from Hanna Barbera's past!) Janet Waldo, and DIsney regs Robie LEster and Ginny Tyler will appear dsoing Hilary Stuff in their own way.

And we'll get Sterling Holloway back from the grave to play Mr.Incredible in the upcoming album in leiu of Crag T.Nelson.... ::)

P.S.

I'll have to say, Randy, that's funny in the MOST perverse way. When Julie Andrews sings in Princess Diaries 2...and then Raven bursts in, well, I left the theater in disgust until it was over. I couldn't believe anyone (even the marketing retards) thought that was a good idea. So, then, I'm just going to prepare myself for that "Walt's Opening Speech Rap" by Raven. ::)

X-S Tech

And in a wierd bit of Synergistic foreshadowing, she sang Rainbow Connection with Kermit the Frog on "The Muppets go to Walt Disney World". Do we own that song now?

X-S Tech

AND.... If you rearrange the letters of Disney and get rid of that superfluous "Y" (word of the day toilet paper), you can spell the word "Snide". Every time I see Raven's smide mug on Disney Channel, smirking about how they got rid of Vault Disney, I just wanna,,, grrr... I wanna get out my magnifying glass and go burn some bugs!!

SharonKurland

What an amazing coincidence...I'm ALWAYS looking for the opportunity to get out my magnifying glass and go burn Bill!

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

> Sure, you're [sic] grammar is competent

Unlike the writing skills of SOMEONE I know.

I say you're just jealous. Maybe someday you'll be as much of a prolific writer as I am, Bill. It's good to have goals.

-Sharon-

X-S Tech

So which version of Space Mountain do we think we'll get? With the new Space likely not premiering until Nov., I wonder if we'll see any of the music in 2005 or will we have to wait. I wonder if WDR will let Randy give us any new CD's in 06 since he's going all out in 05.

WishesFan

Just asking... but why is it such a big secret- the tracks on the 50th set? I just ask a simple question and all I hear are sarcastic replies (which were very funny : ). I don?t mean for that to sound stuffy or snooty; I was just curious as to the rumors of the songs. I'm just soooo excited to see what Mr. Thornton has in store for us! (besides his humming tracks. I must say that I fell out of my chair when I read the comment about Walt's opening day speech rap!)

Does anyone know an approx. date for the release (May, June)? Thanks so much!

Have a Disney kind of day,
-Rick