Disneyland shows filmed for posterity

Does anyone know...for a fact....if disney filmed his shows.....from start to finish.....for posterity....with professional mixed soundtracks....???ive seen clips,extended clips from tv shows.....

talk about a fantastic dvd library collection that would make

I know that most Disney attractions in existance during the development of TOKYO DISNEYLAND were filmed.....these were often shown to possible investors and to the Oriental Land Company.........it's interesting to note that both AMERICA SINGS and IF YOU HAD WINGS were considered for TOKYO DISNEYLAND......IF YOU HAD WINGS was going to be placed between SPACE MOUNTAIN and MEET THE WORLD ......AMERICA SINGS was propossed to be closer to the STAR JETS location today........once MEET THE WORLD was decided to be used, AMERICA SINGS was cut. A show building was even built in model form for IF YOU HAD WINGS........I wonder if they were planning in re-locating existing (like MICKEY MOUSE REVUE) or constructing new shows...like Country Bear Jamboree, TIKI ROOM etc.

I also know that some final decissions couldn't be made or finalized ( like yes or no on a MISSION TO MARS) prior to opening and some "fill-in" attractions were done for TDL........Like the JAPAN 200 THEATER in Tomorrowland featuring THE DYNAMIC SEA film........a 200 degree format like IMPRESSIONS OF FRANCE........Japanese with the real sea around them had very little interest in seeing a film about the sea.
I think prior to this "BIG FILMING" trend attractions were mostly just photo documented......

Like soooo much of Disney's untapped "gold mines" these were considered to the company as neccessary tools and not potential merchandise.

DL FLIGHT 295
AKA
DC-88 SPACELINER

I once saw on ebay someone was selling a complete 16 minute film of the Country Bear Jamboree in 16mm. It was just the kind of film you guys are talking about here. The seller had documentation and still shots, and it all looked legitimate. It was going for about 20 dollars, and I wanted to buy it, but alas, I have no projector.

It is true that a collection of even some of these films on dvd would be a great collectors item.

SharonKurland

I'm thinking that during my very first trip to WDW (Feb. 1979) they were selling filmstrips for 8mm, 16mm, and Super 8 projectors. I'm specifically thinking I remember one for CBJ...though it's been a LOT of years and we didn't buy any, so I'm not if what I THINK I'm remembering...I'm actually remembering .

-Sharon-

for those of u that ever check ebay.....it is a great place to find some rare gems....

i bought a complete...unspliced 16mm school edition of America the beautiful for about 25 dollars......i dont think the seller realized what he had.....i asked him a few questions before hand of what i knew of film....so i knew thats what he had.....its the same version shown on the disney channel a few years back....and the complete film (only one edited viewing screen of course)

course i already had bought a 16mm projector off ebay....about 30 bucks....

need less to say....i have that film in a very protective case:)

looks great when projected on a big wall (sigh) memories

dtats

Domenic,

I'm curious--is it difficult to find replacement bulbs, and other parts, for these projectors? Can the 16mm projectors play the 8mm films (and visa-versa)? Lastly, is it possible to transfer film contents from one of these projectors to another source (e.g., computer, vcr)?

Sorry about my ignorance on this, but it sounds quite interesting.

Thanks,
Mike

narkspud

>>is it difficult to find replacement bulbs>and other parts>for these projectors? Can the 16mm projectors play the 8mm films (and visa-versa)?

dtats

Thanks, Narkspud, for the info on 8mm and 16mm. Although I remember the 16mm projectors from school (who can forget "Primitive Pete" from shop class, among others), I haven't given the medium much thought until recently. I'm glad to know that these machines, and their films, can still be found.

One can never have enough hobbies, and I'm thinking I'm about due for a new one. ;)

Domenic,

I'm curious--is it difficult to find replacement bulbs, and other parts, for these projectors? Can the 16mm projectors play the 8mm films (and visa-versa)? Lastly, is it possible to transfer film contents from one of these projectors to another source (e.g., computer, vcr)?

Sorry about my ignorance on this, but it sounds quite interesting.

Thanks,
Mike

not only is it easy to get spare parts....the projectors can be gotten for darn cheap....most r schoo projectors.....ive bought 3.....think under 50 for each ...

many of the disney films are available on ebay too in 16mm

i bought the beauty and the beast theatrical trailer :) too

dtats

Thanks for your reply, Domenic. What type of projector did you get off e-bay? Any comments for/against it?