Disneyland Resort Paris - Les Parades en Musique 2009 CD

markjochems

On Saturday January 17, 2009 Disneyland Resort Paris re-released the 'Disneyland Resort Paris en Musique' CD with catalog number EDDA028-2. The re-release only contains a different (yet even despicable) cover. A huge disappointment.

edda028.jpg

They also released a new version of the 'Les Parades en Musique' CD, this time with catalog number EDDA037-2.

edda037.jpg

Here is the track listing:
01 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Just Like We Dreamed It (02:52)
02 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreamy Overture (00:40)
03 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Imagination (02:10)
04 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Laughter and Fun (02:10)
05 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Friendship (02:10)
06 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Fantasy (02:10)
07 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Power (02:10)
08 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Adventure (02:10)
09 - Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade - Dreams of Romance (02:10)
10 - The Wonderful World of Disney Parade - Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm (03:48)
11 - The Wonderful World of Disney Parade - Dumbo (01:32)
12 - The Wonderful World of Disney Parade - Hercules (01:32)
13 - Disney's Fantillusion - The Happy Ending (07:00)
14 - The Disney Halloween Parade - It's Halloween-Lo-Ween (04:04)
15 - The Disney Halloween Parade - It's Halloween-Lo-Ween (Rock Remix) (05:01)
16 - The Christmas Parade - Chante, c'est No?l! (04:15)
17 - Kids' Carnival - La-Di-Da Carnaval (05:51)
18 - Disney Cinema Parade - Opening Window (00:33)
19 - Disney Cinema Parade - 101 Dalmatians (02:12)
20 - Disney Cinema Parade - Mary Poppins (02:12)
21 - Disney Cinema Parade - Closing Window (00:39)
22 - The Disney Classics Parade - Classics Medley (20:55)

The only tracks that have never been released to the general public (apart from the press) are the ones from Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. Looking further at the contents of the CD and the extremely ugly cover/booklet (who the heck designs these things?) I can only say that Disneyland Resort Paris once again proves itself to be incapable of producing decent CDs from its parks. ;)

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Yes, very French (in the UK, that's an insult - as nations we both hate each other :p ).
DLRP still seem to be trying to save money as best they can (ie doing it on the cheap).
A far cry from the first two years when they spared no expense - free salad trucks at the restaurants, "Eurodisney" on nearly everything - including the coverings for straws, individual tray covers for each restaurant with a design to fit, character heads on the cutlery etc and everything spotless. That soon changed for the worse and there's (rusty) cola cans in the waterfalls now.
Each shop there sold it's own stuff - all individual to a particular shop - now you get the same stuff everywhere
They do seem to be far behind the other parks in their souvenirs etc (even their current DVD is a rehash of the last one) - and they were the last park to introduce the DVD (Video only at one time).
It's good that I have been every year since it opened - it's a good chance to indulge in that British habit of having a good moan.
Still keep going though ;)

tcsnwhite

While DLRP might not be perfect in what they release for their cds...from a US perspective, this sounds pretty damn good. We can't even get our parades released on cds for purchase. It might have taken a long time for the music to make it to a cd for Paris, but at least they did it. Can't say the same for here at home.
As for the covers...hey, I'm more concerned with the music actually getting released than what the cover looks like alone. Sure, could be better, but at least they did it.

almandot

No kidding. Not only did they have Just Like We Dreamed It as a single release(including an instrumental version like paris loves to do), but they had the 15th anniversary music set and now have this new set with the entire parade. It took them a little long considering how old the parade is now but at least they got it out there and it's a whole lot more than we get put out for Disneyland when it comes to entertainment. I hope the parade tracks contain the character dialogue but probably not.

The cover art's kinda bad but reminds me of the Disney Karaoke series; perhaps the same designers.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Yes, I agree, DLRP have issued quite a number of CDs over the years both full-size and smaller ones with just a handful of tunes (and I agree the 15 year one was great) and, like the US parks, some have only a small number of new tunes replacing older (often obsolete) tunes.
Much of the parade music has been released on CD although some of the music from the smaller parades hasn't - although I wish they would - along with some of the earlier parades as well.
Why do they have to issue the smaller ones in nasty cardboard sleeves though? (Do they do that in the US?).
They look cheap and more like something free with a newspaper ;)
Perhaps, (being a natural cynic), they need the revenue from everything they can.
Still, at least they do issue them.

Gurgitoy2

Why did they even bother to re-release the older version? Isn't that just going to confuse people, and add more cost? For having such a cheap reputation, I'm actually surprised they bothered with two releases. No matter, though, I'll just track down the one with new content, and avoid the other one completely...

Oh, my bad, I'm looking again, and I see it's the "Disneyland en Musique", and then the "Parades en Musique". Still, I'll avoid the Disneyland one as I already own it...

Strange they included the Cinema parade, when that was already scheduled to end...

Still, I have some hope that perhaps they will release the Stars and Motorcars parade music, in whatever form they use it. Apparently, they won't use the cars for a full parade, but rather a procession that ends in a meet and greet. Anyone know if it will be the original music loop (which was released in the US) or the revamped shorter loop or something completely different?

No kidding. Not only did they have Just Like We Dreamed It as a single release(including an instrumental version like paris loves to do), but they had the 15th anniversary music set and now have this new set with the entire parade. It took them a little long considering how old the parade is now but at least they got it out there and it's a whole lot more than we get put out for Disneyland when it comes to entertainment. I hope the parade tracks contain the character dialogue but probably not.

The cover art's kinda bad but reminds me of the Disney Karaoke series; perhaps the same designers.

and to think it only took WDW , what ? 11 years to put out a decent SpectroMagic CD

WDWcrazy

I'm a Noob!
and to think it only took WDW , what ? 11 years to put out a decent SpectroMagic CD
Let's just hope that they decide to make another "Magic in the Streets" CD that's updated. Sheesh, only one of those parades is still showing that's on the CD and it is in need of replacement.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
It's also a shame that they keep the same name. I've missed several CDs thinking "oh, got that, just a new cover".
The year may be an idea - no, too easy.